Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do FG/FF stop SF at the next election?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

satguy wrote: »
    If you own FG,, they make the rules just how you want them.
    Now, I know he still spends far too much time in Irish courts but do you actually have any proof of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭satguy

is_that_so wrote: »
    No I know he still spends far too much time in Irish courts but do you actually have any proof of that?

Is 20 years of sweetheart deals not enough for you... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Feisar wrote: »
    Their manifesto includes €22.1bn in additional expenditure over the next five years with an increase in taxes of €1.4bn

So a budget deficit of €20.7bn over five years or €4.14bn per year?

i have no idea how or where they reckon they can make up the extra money, but one flaw in your assumption is you assume saving money in one area and then spending the saved portion elsewhere on something else isn't an option. You'd really want to have a lot more information to know the finer details.

Is 20 years of sweetheart deals not enough for you... ?
    And do you have actual proof of this as well?

Now, I know he still spends far too much time in Irish courts but do you actually have any proof of that?

Many hours spent in court shutting down anyone that might have real proof.

What did you think he was doing in court with an army of lawyers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

He's non-resident and has been for a long time, which means he pays none anyway. What's with posters shouting DOB every few posts as evidence of something?

It's likely referencing his relationship with Fine Gael as regards the continuous awarding of state contracts despite previous and on going investigations.

Many hours spent in court shutting down anyone that might have real proof.

What did you think he was doing in court with an army of lawyers.

Apparently defending his good name, which we can all do. Being involved in a lot of civil cases just makes him litigious. There are a good few like him.

Bowie wrote: »
    It's likely referencing his relationship with Fine Gael as regards the continuous awarding of state contracts despite previous and on going investigations.

Yes, Bang on..

If Leo want to talk about dark figures behind SF,, that frees me / us , room to talk about dark figures behind FG.

Two contracts 20 years apart is hardly continuous and tribunal or inquiry findings are not legal proof.

Two contracts 20 years apart is hardly continuous and tribunal or inquiry findings are not legal proof.

I think you missed a few,, and we wont even bring in SiteServ yet...

• Advertisement

We know Lowry got him the contract and O'Brien made two payments to Lowry in 1996 and 1999 totalling IR£500,000 (GB£147,000 and GB£300,000) and supported a loan of GB£420,000 given to Lowry in 1999, a benefit equivalent to a payment.
    A US$50,000 donation to Fine Gael was made through Telenor on behalf of Esat Digifone.
    O'Brien is a private business man who was not found to be corrupt.
    Kenny said the report would not be allowed gather dust...but, that's our Enda 'end the scandal, two pints' Kenny.
    Siteserv contract/deal is still under investigation, yet his consortium got preferred bidder status/broadband contract.

I think you missed a few,, and we wont even bring in SiteServ yet...
    So to sum up, you have no proof whatsoever of any of your claims?

We ow Lowry gt him the contract and O'Brien made two payments to Lowry in 1996 and 1999 totalling IR£500,000 (GB£147,000 and GB£300,000) and supported a loan of GB£420,000 given to Lowry in 1999, a benefit equivalent to a payment.
    Siteserv contract/deal is still under investigation, yet his consortium got preferred bidder status/broadband contract.
    None of this legally holds up which is why he can keep going to court.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

And do you have actual proof of this as well?

C'mon now.

Esat digicell - FG govt and an enquiry found corruption.
    Siteserv enquiry still ongoing - FG govt.
    NBP will almost certainly result in an enquiry. FG govt.

Coincidental?

None of this legally holds up which is why he can keep going to court.

I posted facts.
    Don't get me wrong. I've zero issues with Mr. O'Brien.
    FG on the other hand doling him out state contracts, yes.

McMurphy wrote: »
    C'mon now.

Coincidental?
    Enquiry findings are not admissible in legal cases. Their primary aim should be to avoid such things happening again. If you're going with every dog in the street claim Denis will see you in court! The final NBP screwup you can blame on Eir as they suddenly found a huge swathe of locations they could remarkably service, which caused others to pull out.

Who turned the indo into the sindo ?

Enquiry findings are not admissible in legal cases. Their primary aim should be to avoid such things happening again. If you're going with every dog in the street claim Denis will see you in court! The final NBP screwup you can blame on Eir as they suddenly found a huge swathe of locations they could service, which caused other to pull out.

I had added to that post;
    We know Lowry got him the contract and O'Brien made two payments to Lowry in 1996 and 1999 totalling IR£500,000 (GB£147,000 and GB£300,000) and supported a loan of GB£420,000 given to Lowry in 1999, a benefit equivalent to a payment.
    A US$50,000 donation to Fine Gael was made through Telenor on behalf of Esat Digifone.
    O'Brien is a private business man who was not found to be corrupt.
    Kenny said the report would not be allowed gather dust...but, that's our Enda 'end the scandal, two pints' Kenny.

This isn't about chasing Mr. O'Brien it's about the questionable circumstances under which FG award state contracts time and again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭hurler32

The new FG-FF government should change the entitlement to vote .
    Only homeowners would be allowed vote , this would eliminate a lot of the Sinn Fein votes in Dublin plus if you own 5 or 6 houses you should get a vote for each property you own. Many multiple property owners would be from the Fine Gael base so this would ensure Fine Gael get a lot more seats in Dublin with the new voter register .
    Rural Ireland be more difficult to implement as many Sinn Fein voters own their houses , perhaps a minimum household income of 80k before house owners are entitled to vote would get round this .
    This approach worked in South Africa for many years and I’m sure Charlie Flanagan would have no issue implementing it and RTÉ and Sunday Independent will explain to the masses how they think it’s a great concept they fully endorse .

• Registered Users Posts: 67,490 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

hurler32 wrote: »
    The new FG-FF government should change the entitlement to vote .
    Only homeowners would be allowed vote , this would eliminate a lot of the Sinn Fein votes in Dublin plus if you own 5 or 6 houses you should get a vote for each property you own. Many multiple property owners would be from the Fine Gael base so this would ensure Fine Gael get a lot more seats in Dublin with the new voter register .
    Rural Ireland be more difficult to implement as many Sinn Fein voters own their houses , perhaps a minimum household income of 80k before house owners are entitled to vote would get round this .
    This approach worked in South Africa for many years and I’m sure Charlie Flanagan would have no issue implementing it and RTÉ and Sunday Independent will explain to the masses how they think it’s a great concept they fully endorse .

A little bit of gerrymandering never hurt anyone! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

Yup because it's a binary choice isn't it. We apparently can't have employment and a health service or housing despite lots of other countries being able to do just that.

Do you know what binary means or are you just trying to force the word into a sentence in a attempt to sound intelligent because what you said makes non sense?

Do you know what binary means or are you just trying to force the word into a sentence in a attempt to sound intelligent because what you said makes non sense?

Something to do with robots?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Do you know what binary means because I've used it correctly.
    Binary meaning a choice of two. Which you presented. Jobs or health care and other services. I said there are more than 2 options

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

McMurphy wrote: »
    C'mon now.

Coincidental?

What are you insinuating exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Are you retarded?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

The poster is suggesting that the rather camp fat man in the Boris fright wig is corrupting a political party that has no alpha males, or words to that effect

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

I posted facts.
    Don't get me wrong. I've zero issues with Mr. O'Brien.
    FG on the other hand doling him out state contracts, yes.

Apparently he's got the ESB meter replacement contract as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

smurgen wrote: »
    Are you retarded?

Ah here, what sort of question is that?

Apparently he's got the ESB meter replacement contract as well
    Which company here is his?
    https://www.newstalk.com/news/esb-announces-contracts-for-12bn-meter-replacement-programme-487964

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭mikep

The numbers aren't there it's roughly 18 short.

https://www.irishtimes.com/election2020/coalition-builder#/
    Here you go send us a screenshot of a workable alliance

I know that..as do SF however they persist with the government for change narrative etc..

In order for it to work they need ALL the independents on board which was never going to happen.

SF are playing a blinder in a way as they get everyone riled up about their "government of change" and can sit back and shout from the sideline until the next election..

Advertisement