Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus - Cheltenham

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

STB. wrote: »
    This is getting quite serious. 3 new positive tests in UK today. There is a stage that they will say enough.

The French are having the Compiegne race meetings next week behind closed doors.

Worst case scenario would they do the same at Cheltenham and have it behind closed doors?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Confirmed case in Gloucestershire now

Behind closed doors better than cancellation
    Postponement will mean cancellation

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭droidman123

It would cost them too much to have it behind closed doors

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

It would cost them too much to have it behind closed doors

Oh don't worry, the bookies would contribute!

Can only imagine what it would be like as a jockey.

I'd say behind closed doors is far far preferable to cancellation
    I'd also say its worst case scenario
    I'd still think the weather is the biggest theat to Tuesday week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

They moved Royal Ascot to York.
    They can move Cheltenham to Punchestown.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Islander13 wrote: »
    If it even saves one life the right thing to do is call it off.

Cheltenham not important in that context. We can do it again next year
    Islander13 wrote: »
    6/4 on a cancellation looks like a NAP bet

What is going on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Motivator

I would think the fact that there will be in the region of 250,000 people attending over the four days and every single one of them will be handling cash, the risk of this might prove to be too much. I would hugely hopeful that it won’t be the case but it’s getting to be a real possibility.

Surgery gloves mandatory

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

The fúcker who just had to consume an endangered species should be hung upside down by his gonads (he's probably dead mind you).

Ascot, Punchestown, practically anything held in the immediate future is under threat. There doesn't have to be a confirmed case here in Ireland. Once the numbers start increasing in Europe, anything that attracts a large international crowd will be under threat.

• Advertisement

STB. wrote: »
    The fúcker who just had to consume an endangered species should be hung upside down by his gonads (he's probably dead mind you).

Ascot, Punchestown, practically anything held in the immediate future is under threat. There doesn't have be a confirmed case here in Ireland. Once the numbers start increasing in Europe, anything that attracts a large international crowd will be under threat.

Still think we will be OK but the Olympics and Euros are fooked

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

In all seriousness, if it does go ahead, jesus boys and girls wash your hands, and bring a hand sanitizer.

The Olympics would be fine behind closed doors, 3/4 of its revenue comes from TV rights.

I be surprised if we don't see races on the 10th, just weather we're watching it on the tele or on track, I'm not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Take a day off pal. You're a clown.

OK...........?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

OK...........?
    He is just another poster who has not read the forum charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,540 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

The euros aren’t in trouble - haven’t even heard a mention of it being cancelled. Cheltenham is being talked about because it’s around the corner

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    The euros aren’t in trouble - haven’t even heard a mention of it being cancelled. Cheltenham is being talked about because it’s around the corner

My point was, according to experts, if this is to become a pandemic it will be another few months in the making, hence my comment re euros and Olympics
    That is why I think the festival being so soon is what will save it
    The point seems lost on some

Christ lads, fellas are fierce touchy
    Tisnt my fault!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,540 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

My point was, according to experts, if this is to become a pandemic it will be another few months in the making, hence my comment re euros and Olympics
    That is why I think the festival being so soon is what will save it
    The point seems lost on some

Christ lads, fellas are fierce touchy
    Tisnt my fault!

We are just very nervous that Cheltenham won’t go ahead !

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    We are just very nervous that Cheltenham won’t go ahead !

No one more than me lad!

Macron is a clown. He gets a hard on when he gets to throw his weight around. In fact the French love sticking the boot in. Macron is such a dweeby painful looking chunt. He can shove his 5000 parameter up his languid ugly French hole. I hate him. I hope he chokes on his mammies Coq Au vin tomorrow at lunchtime, I hope it burns the mouth off him so he can't speak for a week. Phuck him.

• Advertisement

The fact the Govt is a Tory toff gang might work in our favour!
    Corbyn would be the first one to shut it down!

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ashleigh1986

Non racing people love to put the boot in regarding horse racing .
    They will love nothing more than stop the festival to save the horses from in their sad eyes getting abused .
    Forgetting of course that they are doing what they have been bred to do .
    If they call off Cheltenham , why not call off premiership games or champions league games ???
    Why .... Because they won't rest until they horse racing banned .

The fact the Govt is a Tory toff gang might work in our favour!
    Corbyn would be the first one to shut it down!

You know Roger this is actually the most sense I have heard you say in a while. They will do what they are told by their advisors but I can't help think that they will allow their arrogance cloud their judgement. I could easily see Johnson letting it go ahead if for no other reason but to give Macron and the EU the two fingers.

In fact the way I feel about Macron at the moment I would nearly carry Boris Johnson on my shoulders across the English Channel to Paris so he could give him his two fingers in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Macron is a clown. He gets a hard on when he gets to throw his weight around. In fact the French love sticking the boot in. Macron is such a dweeby painful looking chunt. He can shove his 5000 parameter up his languid ugly French hole. I hate him. I hope he chokes on his mammies Coq Au vin tomorrow at lunchtime, I hope it burns the mouth off him so he can't speak for a week. Phuck him.

In fairness they’re having trouble with crowds for the last 4 months in France 🇫🇷 aka yellow vests so this helps two fronts hahaha :)

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    You know Roger this is actually the most sense I have heard you say in a while. They will do what they are told by their advisors but I can't help think that they will allow their arrogance cloud their judgement. I could easily see Johnson letting it go ahead if for no other reason but to give Macron and the EU the two fingers.

In fact the way I feel about Macron at the moment I would nearly carry Boris Johnson on my shoulders across the English Channel to Paris so he could give him his two fingers in person.

If there was a boards night out I'd say I'd be found in the boot of a car!
    Ye are all mad at me!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

First case just confirmed in Republic

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭butrasgali

I do hope you are spot on..that it is on very soon,I'm going for the 1st time and looking forward to it..

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

You'd be worried about the mental state of posters on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭droidman123

This corona virus could mutate into more variants than the goats user names

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

I think it's you that needs to have a good look in the mirror on that one!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement