Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney+ thread - See Mod Post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Sorry if this is off topic but just a question regarding setting up these ‘family’ things...
    Was going to suggest it to 3 work buddies. Am I right in thinking that if I were to set it up, I’d have to get the three of them to send me €17.50 each via PayPal etc (along with my own €17.50 obviously)... and then register an account with the app using an email address and password that only all 4 would know and pay then for the year?
    Also, I’d only be using the app on my phone or tablet and casting to the tv.
    But say for a friend, that has it on their smart tv, has a few kids with their own phone/tablet etc. and they are all watching it?
    I guess what I’m asking is can one member of the ‘family’ limit other members usage if they’re using it more often? Sorry if I’m not making sense! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

twirlagig wrote: »
    Sorry if this is off topic but just a question regarding setting up these ‘family’ things...
    Was going to suggest it to 3 work buddies. Am I right in thinking that if I were to set it up, I’d have to get the three of them to send me €17.50 each via PayPal etc (along with my own €17.50 obviously)... and then register an account with the app using an email address and password that only all 4 would know and pay then for the year?
    But say for a friend, that has it on their smart tv, has a few kids with their own phone/tablet etc. and they are all watching it?
    I guess what I’m asking is can one member of the ‘family’ limit other members usage if they’re using it more often? Sorry if I’m not making sense! :(
    Only 4 can watch it at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

So - only 4 streams can run at the same time - so for example, If I'm sharing with you and I'm watching Something on it (1 stream), and my wife is watching something else on her tablet (1 stream), and both of my kids are also watching on their tablets (2 more streams) that's the 4 streams used up so you can't watch anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

deadl0ck wrote: »
    So - only 4 streams can run at the same time - so for example, If I'm sharing with you and I'm watching Something on it (1 stream), and my wife is watching something else on her tablet (1 stream), and both of my kids are also watching on their tablets (2 more streams) that's the 4 streams used up so you can't watch anything

Ok thanks for clarifying. I had that in my head but wasn’t 100% sure...
    I think I’ll leave it so, because I’d be the one with no stream to watch after putting the group together! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,913 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

paulboland wrote:
    Disney can block use of VPN at any time and have done before previously if you are not aware about this.

Just to confirm that I'm with Disney plus since launch last year. They did declare all out war on VPNs around the end of November but they lost this battle very quickly. Some of the smaller VPNs were down for a few days but the big one's like Express VPN & Nord stayed up without much issue. With all of the Disney mustle they had very little effect on VPNs or Smart DNS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Why would you use VPN with Disney+? The US service is missing a load of product that's on the EU service. I understand at the start before it was available here, but why continue?

Ok thanks for clarifying. I had that in my head but wasn’t 100% sure...
    I think I’ll leave it so, because I’d be the one with no stream to watch after putting the group together! :D

I’d assume any setup here you are sharing that the rule is only one steam per person.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,913 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Some want to watch the content that the US version has that the Irish one doesn't have. Frozen 2, the entire "the mandalorian" season & many more. The quality was far better on the US because they weren't reducing the bandwith by over 25 percent in the US. I'm not sure if they reduce it now.

People who already have VPN can turn it on & off as they please giving them the biggest selection of Disney content. The same people will use VPN for US Netflix, Hulu, HBO etc

Edit: I just noticed that the Disney /Pixar movie Onward is on the US version. This is a 2020 movie that should be in the cinema right now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

OU812 wrote: »
    Why would you use VPN with Disney+? The US service is missing a load of product that's on the EU service. I understand at the start before it was available here, but why continue?

I wouldn't buy a VPN for Disney but I already have it for Netflix on my firestick plus it does BBC,itv etc and I can switch it on or off.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 bryan06

Anyone got space in their family? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

OmegaGene wrote: »
    just watching Onward now thanks to Getflix smart dns, it is very handy have both us and eu options available

Where in the Getflix app can you switch between EU and US Disney+? I can find it in any list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Demonique

Mr.S wrote: »
    The US has all of The Mandalorian where as Europe only has the first couple of episodes. Weird move for an original show that's already aired.

It's because Disney wants people to stay subscribed for longer, if they release it all in one go people who are only interested in the Mandalorian watch it all in one go or over the period of their first month's subscription, by releasing it each week they ensure that someone is subscribed for two months

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

OmegaGene wrote: »
    regional settings group c

Anyone playing Disney on a Roku Ultra via Getflix?

I’m getting major buffering (set to USA channel C and high speed broadband).

Also for those using USA library is title screen showing as 4K or HD (for 4K movies on a 4K TV).

Plays fine on iPad.

Thanks

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,160 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    Anyone playing Disney on a Roku Ultra via Getflix?

I’m getting major buffering (set to USA channel C and high speed broadband).

Also for those using USA library is title screen showing as 4K or HD (for 4K movies on a 4K TV).

Plays fine on iPad.

Thanks

Yeah was buffering every couple of minutes and playing in crap quality on both my firetv and LG TV. I got around it by logging into the app with the dns enabled and starting the film and then changing my network settings back to normal. Seems you don't need the dns active once you're actually in the app and the US content is visible.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah was buffering every couple of minutes and playing in crap quality on both my firetv and LG TV. I got around it by logging into the app with the dns enabled and starting the film and then changing my network settings back to normal. Seems you don't need the dns active once you're actually in the app and the US content is visible.

Excellent advice Mickeroo, working nicely now. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

I just downloaded the Disney+ app to my Roku stick and signed up for the free trial.
    The app is slow to the point of being unusable. The picture tiles om the home screen don't load, the lag between pressing the remote and actually navigating the app is huge!
    Anyone else had this issue with Roku?
    I have been using Netflix and Prime TV without any issue for a long time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I was using the website on my laptop and its pretty slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

beauf wrote: »
    I was using the website on my laptop and its pretty slow.

Smallie has it on his phone perfect( one +7 something or other)

Smallie has it on his phone perfect( one +7 something or other)

Other than someone has it perfect on their phone, I've no idea what the rest of this sentence means. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

One+7 is a type of phone.

• Advertisement

Other than someone has it perfect on their phone, I've no idea what the rest of this sentence means. :o

Smallie ( Cork for kid which is American for child) has the Disney+app on his one plus Android phone,and all works perfectly.

Cheers. Educational and informative.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Smallie ( Cork for kid which is American for child) has the Disney+app on his one plus Android phone,and all works perfectly.

You should ask if they are a sham or beour.....

Skuxx wrote: »
    I just downloaded the Disney+ app to my Roku stick and signed up for the free trial.
    The app is slow to the point of being unusable. The picture tiles om the home screen don't load, the lag between pressing the remote and actually navigating the app is huge!
    Anyone else had this issue with Roku?
    I have been using Netflix and Prime TV without any issue for a long time!

I have Roku ultra. Had major buffering issues. I’m using a VPN and turning that off when using Disney resolved issue.

Cheers. Educational and informative.

Couldn't resist

TheDriver wrote: »
    You should ask if they are a sham or beour.....

Love it,or a feen

Couldn't resist

Viva the Republic

Viva the Republic

Corcaigh Abu even

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Got an email in the morning saying my details have been updated....logged in and saw someone tried changing my email address ! Absolute shocker.

Had to goto chat and took 30 mins to get it updated to a new one and password reset.

Word of caution guys remove any payment details on the account and setup a strong password on your Disneyplus accounts as looks like they have weak security and people have reported accounts being hacked !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Got an email in the morning saying my details have been updated....logged in and saw someone tried changing my email address ! Absolute shocker.

Had to goto chat and took 30 mins to get it updated to a new one and password reset.

Word of caution guys remove any payment details on the account and setup a strong password on your Disneyplus accounts as looks like they have weak security and people have reported accounts being hacked !

This is the 3rd or 4th time I have heard something of this nature on Disney+. I just tried to remove the payment option but I can't. I can change it to revolut or something but removing a cc doesn't appear to be an obvious option

Advertisement