Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney+ thread - See Mod Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭NetChat101

Raoul wrote: »
    I'm also casting from my phone to the chromecast with no problems. Very strange issue.

Thanks, I've searched online and it seems lots of people have problems with audio delay, specifically streaming on the Disney app.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Or just buy a Roku Box or Fire TV stick for way less?

This.

Can't understand why people don't buy a Firestick and be done with it, especially as they're reduced to £20 and £30 (4K).

Soarer wrote: »
    This.

Can't understand why people don't buy a Firestick and be done with it, especially as they're reduced to £20 and £30 (4K).

Know you can get Disney on Roku (just don't have €80/100 at the minute). But I was told Disney wasn't available on Amazon fire stick. I'll check that out so, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

This.

+1

It'll be the best money you ever spend

I've owned android boxes, had chromecasts, nvidea shield (great but not nearly worth 5 times the price, only slightly better.... replaced it with a firestick)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,842 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

NetChat101 wrote: »
    Know you can get Disney on Roku (just don't have €80/100 at the minute). But I was told Disney wasn't available on Amazon fire stick. I'll check that out so, thank you.

It is on the Fire TV. Just search for the app.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07XJ7DTZ4/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_o6jHEb5YN51PM

ROKU Box for £30. It shows a picture of Disney+ so I assume it's available on it.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that, much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

mailburner wrote: »
    +1

It'll be the best money you ever spend

I've owned android boxes, had chromecasts, nvidea shield (great but not nearly worth 5 times the price, only slightly better.... replaced it with a firestick)

Wish there was one with ethernet and usb for external drives.

beauf wrote: »

Fire TV Cube or older Fire TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

my wifi is slow at times so I do occasionally have to connect the firestick
    to the modem for streaming using this
    https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01N1X28F1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ALS

I’m using firestick to watch Disney plus with o issues
    NetChat101 wrote: »

• Advertisement

Fire TV Cube or older Fire TV.
    mailburner wrote: »
    my wifi is slow at times so I do occasionally have to connect the firestick
    to the modem for streaming using this
    https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01N1X28F1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've already got other HDMI sticks and USB powered devices.
    In addition, the NowTV(Sky) one for example overheats.
    I've also got an older Smart TV with much of the funtionality now unsupported.

So to help with cooling and take load off the wifi, and reduce cable tangle/clutter and less gadgets, more consistent UX, I'd prefer a more capable device like the shield. Its just pricey.

The Fire Cube looks good, but it has no USB (for drives) and its unsupported here. I really can't be bothered with vpn etc.

The Fire Cube looks good, but it has no USB (for drives) and its unsupported here. I really can't be bothered with vpn etc.

What do you mean it's unsupported here?

What do you mean it's unsupported here?

Think he means we get a dumbed down version of Prime Video.

But just contact customer care, tell them you live in the UK, and you'll be switched over.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

I have a drive connected to my Fire cube, just needed a usb otg lead.
    Uk prime also without vpn, great piece of kit.
    Got mine in Argos.

What size is the drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Hi All, any spots with a family share... have paypal or revolut ready for a solid inclusion.

PM Me

• Registered Users Posts: 12,410 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Strangely I can only find Garfield movie without a vpn. It doesn't appear to be on US catalogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

TheDriver wrote: »
    Strangely I can only find Garfield movie without a vpn. It doesn't appear to be on US catalogue.
    That's because there is more content available with Disney+ UK/Ireland than you have with Disney+ USA

Some movies and tv shows was removed from Disney+ USA a few months after launch

The info that UK/Ireland will have more content on launch date March 24th was posted weeks ago in the thread

A full list of Disney+ UK/Ireland content with links was also posted weeks ago

There is no need to be using a vpn if you have a Disney+ UK/Ireland Subscription

paulboland wrote: »
    That's because there is more content available with Disney+ UK/Ireland than you have with Disney+ USA

Some movies and tv shows was removed from Disney+ USA a few months after launch

The info that UK/Ireland will have more content on launch date March 24th was posted weeks ago in the thread

A full list of Disney+ UK/Ireland content with links was also posted weeks ago

There is no need to be using a vpn if you have a Disney+ UK/Ireland Subscription
    You need it for frozen2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

BrookieD wrote: »
    Hi All, any spots with a family share... have paypal or revolut ready for a solid inclusion.

PM Me

I'd go in on this too

• Advertisement

BrookieD wrote: »

PM Me
    I'd go in on this too

Why dont' ye start a family together.
    Only needs one of ye to set up a generic email and password that ye can share, make the payment, and go 50/50.
    I'd be fairly certain you'd have no problem getting another two to join , and divide those payments between ye.
    Even if it stays with just the two of ye, it has to be worth €35 for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Why dont' ye start a family together.
    Only needs one of ye to set up a generic email and password that ye can share, make the payment, and go 50/50.
    I'd be fairly certain you'd have no problem getting another two to join , and divide those payments between ye.
    Even if it stays with just the two of ye, it has to be worth €35 for the year.

BrookieD.DelGriffith&sons@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

TheDriver wrote: »
    You need it for frozen2

Frozen 2 comming on July 17th on Disney+ in UK/Ireland so there is no need to use a VPN

Disney can block use of VPN at any time and have done before previously if you are not aware about this.

There is more content overall on Disney+ in UK/Ireland than there is available on Disney+ USA

Frozen 2 comming on July 17th on Disney+ in UK/Ireland so there is no need to use a VPN

Disney can block use of VPN at any time and have done before previously if you are not aware about this.

There is more content overall on Disney+ in UK/Ireland than there is available on Disney+ USA

True but mine starts automatically on the firestick for netflix and kids wouldn't know how to stop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

I'd go in on this too

Looking to join a group if there is a space too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Alonso77

I'll hop into a group too if theres one going

• Registered Users Posts: 13,526 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

[...]

Didn't check (obviously) all the stuff, but found some TV series lacking seasons/episodes in UK/IE, while US D+ has all of them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭spuddy

I'd go in on this too

Likewise here, if there's still a spot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

how fast does my BB need to be?? and how much data does an episode of The Mandalorian take up?

Advertisement