Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicken Fillet Rolls ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Crock Rock

Fresh white roll, no butter or mayonnaise, plain chicken fillet, jalapeños, stuffing, streaky bacon

• Registered Users Posts: 10,528 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

When did mayonnaise become the standard in rolls and sandwiches? I can’t stand the stuff but all the “pre-made” sandwiches have it instead of butter.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Crock Rock wrote: »
    Fresh white roll, no butter or mayonnaise, plain chicken fillet, jalapeños, stuffing, streaky bacon

Very dry no?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

When did mayonnaise become the standard in rolls and sandwiches? I can’t stand the stuff but all the “pre-made” sandwiches have it instead of butter.

Pre-made sandwiches are a sign of the decline and downfall of western civilisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I can remember chicken and stuffing premade sandwiches having mayo in the mid 90s, so you're harking back to a long gone era methinks

• Advertisement

he did. i saw it at the time. very interesting. here it is:

I expected it to be much worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Crock Rock

Very dry no?

Doesn't bother me. I like it that way. Washed down with a mug of tae. I'd very rarely have one. The odd treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    First of all I am as working class as it gets. People from Dublin’s “inner cihy” seem to think they have a monopoly on being working class in Ireland for some reason. They seem totally ignorant to the fact that there are people who work in factories or shops “down the country” as well.

You seem to really have a problem with Dublin people, you should try to let that go and realise that you can't tar a whole 1.odd million people with the same brush, especially given they're only living down the road from wherever it is you are from. Go and get yourself a ray and chips and think happy thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Mr.S wrote: »
    People who buy chicken fillet rolls are hardly buying them for their healthy nutritional value... :confused:

True but they also taste manky. People who eat them every day need to get their taste buds tested

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Pre-made sandwiches are a sign of the decline and downfall of western civilisation.

Used to get Club Sandwiches from Aldi. brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

A hot chicken wrap with a good slap of mayonnaise, lettuce, cheese and couscous. Savage good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Stopped going to Subway after they went all “woke”, and liberal, when they banned their sugar drinks.
    they still have sugar drinks they are just hidden in the back and they cost more

I can remember chicken and stuffing premade sandwiches having mayo in the mid 90s, so you're harking back to a long gone era methinks

Is it cheaper than butter? I can’t understand the “reasoning” if it’s not.

Butter tastes better and, I’d hope, it has a longer “shelf life”. Mayonnaise is muck.

The tide is turning…

Bowlardo wrote: »
    they still have sugar drinks they are just hidden in the back and they cost more

Sounds like it might be “shop by shop”.

From what I can gather it sounds like “head office” wants them gone to lower the “calorie count” of the menu.

The tide is turning…

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Is it cheaper than butter? I can’t understand the “reasoning” if it’s not.f

Butter tastes better and, I’d hope, it has a longer “shelf life”. Mayonnaise is muck.

In delis you get the mayo in huge paint like 5 litre drums, that used to put
    Me right off, I go for the chicken wrap with sweet chilli sauce and lettuce myself

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Me right off, I go for the chicken wrap with sweet chilli sauce and lettuce myself

Doesn't the butter come like that too?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Me right off, I go for the chicken wrap with sweet chilli sauce and lettuce myself[/QUOTE

I was given some of the drums as buckets and still have one in use. They are great.

Hate mayonnaise anyway ;)

Oranage2 wrote: »

Big lumps alright but not like the mayo in a paint drum, ughhh the end of it would be gank you’d nearly puke !!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

5 salads ? I bet you are one of those annoying people at subway that wants everything on top !

I bet you're one of those meekish people that deny themselves what they want so as not to be seen to be awkward. They're selling, hes buying.

You'd swear he said he was paying in pennies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

hurler32 wrote: »
    Don’t be buying these rolls for myself but the last 2 days I had to get them for the young lad after sports events .
    He’s a very basic eater so wanted a white roll with chicken fillet , nothing else not even butter . It was a large white roll but one cost 4 euro and in a different centra one was 4.20 .
    Seemed like a lot to me for a basic chicken fillet roll , it seems entirely up to who’s serving you what’s keyed in . These delis are obviously where the money’s been made in these shops . Any thoughts ?

Its a hard life for sure. Thoughts and prayers. save all those 20 cents and this time next year we'll be a millionaire Rodney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

What sort of bull are you taking. They are employed to make sandwiches what difference does it make to them putting on a a few extra filling and why would I not ask for what I want on my sandwich when paying for it?

I can’t see how it the same as going in with coins, I quickly say what I want as I know, I’m not standing there pondering what to put on next.

Go in and pay good money for a sandwich that doesn’t meet my needs, what fool does that? How many filling should you be “allowed”?

Conversation A
    Deli person :Hello Sir what can i get you?
    Customer: CAn I spicy chicken hot roll?
    Deli person:Brown or white
    Customer:White please
    Deli person:Butter or Mayo
    Customer:Mayo please
    Deli person:and what filling would you like on it
    Customer: Lettuce , little bit of cheese and stuffing
    Deli person:Will i cut that in half for you?
    Customer:yes
    Deli person:There you go?
    Customer:Thanks Very much

Conversation B
    Customer: Can I roll? ( probably with both dirty paws rest on the deli glass like a big mug savage)
    Deli person:Brown or white?
    Deli person:Butter or Mayo?
    Deli person:and what filling would you like on it?
    Customer: Hot Chicken
    Deli person:plain or spicey?
    Customer: Spicey
    Customer: Lettuce
    Deli lady puts on a good bit of lettuce as she assumes that they don't want too much other filling
    Deli person:anything else?
    Customer: Cheese
    Customer: onion
    Customer: Pepper
    Customer: Stuffing
    every in the queue behind this person is think what an absolute bellend
    Customer: oh and can i get some red onion
    Deli person:There you go (you absolute bellend)?

I can't tell from you message in are the customer in Conversation A or Conversation B....i'm certainly thinking you are more of a B side. You seem to have not self awareness. The person you have the back and forth with manages a deli. They tried to advised you that you maybe a bit of tulip and you go on to have ah hissy fit like some sort of Karen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Was in Birr the other day in a petrol garage which would be the least modern of them out the Tullamore road.

Chicken fillet roll,butter,tomatoes,lettuce.4 euro

I said "can you put a little sprinkle of sweetcorn on it please",
    He said "can do, but that will be 50c extra".
    I said "you can keep the lot,thanks".

That's just greed.

tipptom wrote: »
    Was in Birr the other day in a petrol garage which would be the least modern of them out the Tullamore road.

Chicken fillet roll,butter,tomatoes,lettuce.4 euro

I said "can you put a little sprinkle of sweetcorn on it please",
    He said "can do, but that will be 50c extra".
    I said "you can keep the lot,thanks".

That's just greed.

Did you want it for free?

The tide is turning…

Conversation A

Conversation B
    Customer: Can I roll? ( probably with both dirty paws rest on the deli glass like a big mug savage)
    Deli lady puts on a good bit of lettuce as she assumes that they don't want too much other filling

I can't tell from you message in are the customer in Conversation A or Conversation B....i'm certainly thinking you are more of a B side. You seem to have not self awareness. The person you have the back and forth with manages a deli. They tried to advised you that you maybe a bit of tulip and you go on to have ah hissy fit like some sort of Karen

I don’t know how deli workers feel about it but the worst ***** for customers are the ones who keep asking for something else when they hand the last thing to them. They’re lucky we don’t go around armed here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Conversation A

Conversation B

That's annoying but asking for all the salad items at once and having the deli kid throwing a strop because he has to do his job is another issue.

Frankly, I’d be astonished if it had even a distant relationship to proper butter!

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Frankly, I’d be astonished if it had even a distant relationship to proper butter!

It's never butter, it's "spread" masquerading as butter. Yuck!

Grayditch wrote: »
    I bet you're one of those meekish people that deny themselves what they want so as not to be seen to be awkward. They're selling, hes buying.

You'd swear he said he was paying in pennies.

Honestly no I think you’ve missed my point entirely, but each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,937 ✭✭✭pgj2015

4 euro for a chicken roll is expensive? ah here, when I was working on sites around 2006 they were 3.60 so I think 4 euro isnt all that bad in fairness, you know the shop has to pay electricity, insurance, staff wages, council rates, etc they arent just selling rolls from the boot of a car on the side of the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Yes.

Advertisement