Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,178 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Yet you can't easily sell a house that finds itself near a large electric pylon.
    Can't make/sell a mobile phone with a SAR level of +1.6.
    Also if you choose to sleep right next to an electric fuse box, expect poor health before too long.

Saying that, the worst 5G can do is interfere slightly with the natural immune system, not enough of course, to cause a global pandemic.

Another theory is that in very high pollution areas (N.Italy/Wuhan) that had recent 5G installs, it somehow casued an exaggerated immune response, maybe something to do with new microwaves and pollutant particles.

Perhaps this theory comes from abroad?
    E.g. last night in an enthic area of Birmingham (mainly SE Asian), they choose to turn a new 70 foot 5G mast, into a raging bonfire.

the new luddites

• Registered Users Posts: 17,792 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

How COVID19 started is impossible to prove, there are three options (accident, state, or a deep {beyond any single state} purposed release) it could be any of these three.

The only important matter now, is the current and future consequences as a result of it.
    One good example is a 3rd world country (with a 15% poverty rate) Tunis has no problem spending good money on fancy oppresive monitoring technology:

wbOoLoM.png

That's nothing, we are entering full deep state 1984 mode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    That's nothing, we are entering full deep state 1984 mode
    Haven't bothered to watch/click on your silly little video, we can all assume it's some 'so very humourous diversive typical lol nonsense', directed at the (not so funny) covid19 pandemic. Ever so typical.

You could be right however, the 1984 concept isn't far off.

'Manditory' Apps are slowly becoming the norm, Moscow is pushing compulsary instals on smartphones for those it chooses, even H'Kong, which was seen as a small becon of light within China, has a manditory tracking app for new arrivals.
    Hong Kong, China - As inbound travellers arrive in Hong Kong they are met with the new face of border security - the Department of Health.
    In a bid to curtail a rise in COVID-19 cases, arrivals are tested, instructed to download a government mandated app - StayHomeSafe - and wear a wristband that is linked with the app.

Their 'StayHomeSafe' App it comes with a nice (not so little) GPS wristband, isn't that just lovely. Bluetooth beacons also track every move, access is granted to all of your phone data by default. Should someone venture out beyond certain perimeters, an alert will be triggered.

7e8c0qf.png

Once placed in actual COVID controlled quarantine in HK, you get a smaller more snazzy RFID tracking wristband, this is much lighter than the more ugly clamp visitors get at airports.

j9LKNSf.png

Elsewhere, in S.Korea, overseas travellers who do not download a government-mandated quarantine app, are simply barred from coming in.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,418 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Haven't bothered to watch/click on your silly little video, we can all assume it's some 'so very humourous diversive typical lol nonsense', directed at the (not so funny) covid19 pandemic. Ever so typical.

You could be right however, the 1984 concept isn't far off.

'Manditory' Apps are slowly becoming the norm, Moscow is pushing compulsary instals on smartphones for those it chooses, even H'Kong, which was seen as a small becon of light within China, has a manditory tracking app for new arrivals.

Their 'StayHomeSafe' App it comes with a nice (not so little) GPS wristband, isn't that just lovely. Bluetooth beacons also track every move, access is granted to all of your phone data by default. Should someone venture out beyond certain perimeters, an alert will be triggered.

7e8c0qf.png

Once placed in actual COVID controlled quarantine in HK, you get a smaller more snazzy RFID tracking wristband, this is much lighter than the more ugly clamp visitors get at airports.

j9LKNSf.png

Elsewhere, in S.Korea, overseas travellers who do not download a government-mandated quarantine app, are simply barred from coming in.

Their house their rules.

Their house their rules.
    Don't worry you over in Engerland, will likely get the same style tracking if you should sneeze or cough too much, when trying to get a bit of weekend sunshine (this is banned there now also, regardles of the health benefits of Vitamin D for boosting immune system).
    {UK: Part 3, section 61A of the Investigatory Powers Act enables people with symptoms or a diagnosis of Coronavirus to be 'tracked without notice'}

NHS-X is developing an App for release (designed by US Corp) within weeks. Target is for (at least) 60% of the entire population.

The app will then trace, using bluetooth (similar to RFID), other people they have been in close contact with over the past seven days and alert (tell/force) those people of the need to self-isolate. A record of those contacts will be stored on the device.

• Advertisement

Don't worry you over in Engerland, will likely get the same style tracking if you should sneeze or cough too much, when trying to get a bit of weekend sunshine (this is banned there now also, regardles of the health benefits of Vitamin D for boosting immune system).
    {UK: Part 3, section 61A of the Investigatory Powers Act enables people with symptoms or a diagnosis of Coronavirus to be 'tracked without notice'}

NHS-X is developing an App for release (designed by US Corp) within weeks. Target is for (at least) 60% of the entire population.

The app will then trace, using bluetooth (similar to RFID), other people they have been in close contact with over the past seven days and alert (tell/force) those people of the need to self-isolate. A record of those contacts will be stored on the device.

Really? I just spent a couple of very pleasant hours on a bench in my local park with a coffee and a good book.

Granted the children's play area, the tennis courts, basketball courts, 5 a side pitches and the skateboard park were closed but still a few people out walking dogs/jogging/exercising.

As for the app? I wont download it and my bluetooth is always turned off.

Yeah, that's their restriction to avoid external cases coming in, makes sense

when trying to get a bit of weekend sunshine (this is banned there now also, regardles of the health benefits of Vitamin D for boosting immune system)

Yeah, vitamin D won't stop you getting Covid-19.

Yeah, that's their restriction to avoid external cases coming in, makes sense
    So you'd be in favour of this manditory (compulsary) apps in every country, with access by default to each and every peice of phone data. Full tracking, no privacy, and orwellian surveillance.

Go figure.
    You have earned +10 more Chinese CCP Social Points.
    Yeah, vitamin D won't stop you getting Covid-19.
    Did anyone claim this?
    Show where this is has been claimed.
    Otherwise quit the childish twisting words.

In the meantime if you're not aware of the health benefits of vitamin D, perhaps now's an ideal time to educate yourself.

Really? I just spent a couple of very pleasant hours on a bench in my local park with a coffee and a good book.
    No respect for the (new) law or recommendations.

Deduct 10 social points.

Idling on a park bench for 2hrs with a book is not exercise, nor is it essential.
    If you had of said withing a private garden, that would be acceptable.
    As for the app? I wont download it and my bluetooth is always turned off.
    Indications of yet more rebellious inclinations, -5pts.

Most likely the App will override the BT, and ping itself on, as might be perscribed under the law, or terms at instalation point.

If they don't acheive 60%, there might be a chance it will become manditory whenever possible, e.g. Someone just sitting on a park bench for hours (against state advice), would be an ideal candidate :pac:

• Advertisement

So you'd be in favour of this manditory (compulsary) apps in every country, with access by default to each and every peice of phone data. Full tracking, no privacy, and orwellian surveillance.

I am referring to the specific S Korean quarantine app that is designed to restrict the spread of the disease. It makes sense.
    In the meantime if you're not aware of the health benefits of vitamin D, perhaps now's an ideal time to educate yourself.

I am perfectly aware of what vitamin D does. It doesn't stop Covid-19. People are being strongly encouraged by the UK gov not to flock to beaches, etc this Easter weekend for obvious reasons

No respect for the (new) law or recommendations.

Deduct 10 social points.

Idling on a park bench for 2hrs with a book is not exercise, nor is it essential.
    If you had of said withing a private garden, that would be acceptable.

It's a 3 mile walk to the park, that was my exercise, I then sat on an empty park bench, surrounded by other empty park benches. I did observe other people but they were away from.me by at least a couple hundred meters. A squirrel did approach me though. Can you show me where "getting a bit of sunshine" is now banned in England?

Indications of yet more rebellious inclinations, -5pts.

Most likely the App will override the BT, and ping itself on, as might be perscribed under the law, or terms at instalation point.

So you are claiming that an app will be forcefully installed on my phone? Any evidence for this or is this just your paranoid opinion?
    If they don't acheive 60%, there might be a chance it will become manditory whenever possible, e.g. Someone just sitting on a park bench for hours (against state advice), would be an ideal candidate :pac:

How would they know how long i have been there?

I am referring to the specific S Korean quarantine app that is designed to restrict the spread of the disease. It makes sense.
    Am asking would you not think it makes sense for other countries then, also by default (use this 'mandatory' tracking). Indications are that you do, or would you make the Koreans a 'special' case?
    I am perfectly aware of what vitamin D does. It doesn't stop Covid-19. People are being strongly encouraged by the UK gov not to flock to beaches, etc this Easter weekend for obvious reasons
    Again, show where anyone here claimed it does 'stop' COVID19.

I.e. They didn't.
    It boosts the immune system slightly, that is not a 'cure'.

The sun can shine through windows, and private gardens or yards.
    That doesn't mean a day out at the beach, nor a couple of hours parked on a public park bench (not exercising) where the risk and volume of people passing by during that time cannot be pre-calculated or pre-determined.

e.g. The uk is heading for a peak, very high-risk period, Hancock, their Health Secretary has warned the “small minority” of people who have been out enjoying the sunshine are “breaking the rules” and “pushing the boundaries”.
    “You're risking your own life and the lives of others and you're making it harder for us all,” he said. Earlier Mr Hancock warned tougher measures could be put in place if the public continue to ignore the rules.

Can you show me where "getting a bit of sunshine" is now banned in England?
    Sitting for a couple of hours on a park bench, would most likely result in a ticket or penalty.

pwU7TME.png
    So you are claiming that an app will be forcefully installed on my phone? Any evidence for this or is this just your paranoid opinion?
    Who claimed that it 'will'?

But 'could' or have a 'chance' (again more dramatic word play and twisting from the reader).

'If' they don't get the 60% target, this 'could' certainly be an option. If they only get 30%, then all the money and effort is wasted.

Most likely they 'might' target anyone breaking the rules or spirit of isolation, that has a capable phone on them as they issue the fine.
    How would they know how long i have been there?
    And in a similar spirit to this, if you break the speed limit, and nobody sees you, that ok also e.g. to flout the rules, I see ah well.

Am asking would you not think it makes sense for other countries then, also by default (use this 'mandatory' tracking). Indications are that you do, or would you make the Koreans a 'special' case?

It's case by case, countries are different. Some are totalitarian dictatorships like N Korea or a surveillance state like China, some are liberal democracies like Sweden. Depends on where and how the app is used. In this case, in S Korea, it's fine.

Sitting for a couple of hours on a park bench, would most likely result in a ticket or penalty.

pwU7TME.png

But I wasn't "sunbathing" I was resting after a long walk there and before the walk home. I did see a couple of officers in the park but they didn't come my way.

Who claimed that it 'will'?

But 'could' or have a 'chance' (again more dramatic word play and twisting from the reader).

'If' they don't get the 60% target, this 'could' certainly be an option. If they only get 30%, then all the money and effort is wasted.

Most likely they 'might' target anyone breaking the rules or spirit of isolation, that has a capable phone on them as they issue the fine.

Simple solution to that, leave my personal phone at home while out exercising.

And in a similar spirit to this, if you break the speed limit, and nobody sees you, that ok also e.g. to flout the rules, I see ah well.

Nope.

But I wasn't "sunbathing" I was resting after a long walk there and before the walk home.
    Sitting on a bench for 2hours, isn't 'exercise recovery'.
    If it is, suggest to contact a cardiologist urgently, and self-isolate given the apporaching peak pandemic lockdown given the risks.

What is may be viewed as, is 'loitering in a public area', on a nice sunny afternoon, for an excessive period of time.
    Simple solution to that, leave my personal phone at home while out exercising.
    Simple soloution to this 'identity evasion' during 'rule evasion', is for one of those fancy 100k robot machines (as per Tunis) to use a facial recongnition camera, linked to a live database.

Better still a RFID wristband (as per many other democratic states e.g. S.Korea) under this COVID19 situation.
    If the wristband was removed, or left at home, then maybe the RFID tag could be implanted somehow, to become more persistant.

Wouldn't approve of either of the above measures.

But also wouldn't approve of spending 2hrs on a public bench when the public are urged to follow what are now described as 'mission critical rules'.
    This as they bury 5,000 expired victims (and still increasing past 50,000 confirmed cases, towards the peak) due directly to COVID19.

Sitting on a bench for 2hours, isn't 'exercise recovery'.
    If it is, suggest to contact a cardiologist urgently, and self-isolate given the apporaching peak pandemic lockdown given the risks.

Nah I'm fit and healthy but thank you for your concern.
    What is may be viewed as, is 'loitering in a public area', on a nice sunny afternoon, for an excessive period of time.

As I said, the officers in the area didnt seem.to have an issue.

Simple soloution to this 'identity evasion' during 'rule evasion', is for one of those fancy 100k robot machines (as per Tunis) to use a facial recongnition camera, linked to a live database.
    Better still a RFID wristband (as per many other democratic states e.g. S.Korea) under this COVID19 situation.
    If the wristband was removed, or left at home, then maybe the RFID tag could be implanted somehow, to become more persistant.

Wouldn't approve of either of the above measures.

But also wouldn't approve of spending 2hrs on a public bench when the public are urged to follow what are now described as 'mission critical rules'.
    This as they bury 5,000 expired victims (and still increasing past 50,000 confirmed cases, towards the peak) due directly to COVID19.

Thankfully I'm not seeking your approval.

Thankfully I'm not seeking your approval.
    Keep digging....

Nor are you adhering to your state's own advice, in flouting the specific request to 'minimise time' spent outdoors, if taking exercise, by plopping down for a couple of hours in a public bench, in a public park.

V7zPn9S.png

Keep digging....

Nor are you adhering to your state's own advice, in flouting the specific request to 'minimise time' spent outdoors, if taking exercise, by plopping down for a couple of hours in a public bench, in a public park.

V7zPn9S.png

Let me put it into context for you from my perspective then.

I am classed as a key worker in my field of work. This week I did 86 hours, that doesn't include travel time to/from my home to my job. Today was my only chance to go shopping for food and to have some time outside.

I'm expecting the next 4 weeks (minimum) to be the same so yes, I took and extra bit of timem outside today to make up for the time i didnt see daylight over the past week.

Tomorrow morning I'll be up at 5 AM and getting home 9/10 pm, I'll do my job because I know the work I do is important to others and helps to keep the country moving forward.

Judge me for my bit of extra time outside, not a single tiny shiny shìte is given as to what you think.

• Advertisement

This week I did 86 hours [on boards.ie].
    Fixed Your Post.
    Tommorow you'll be back on boards many times, between 5am and 10pm, that's a given.

Does not matter what I think, merely informing you of your state's own guidelines, (as you appear to be unaware of them) in terms of the most critical importance of preventing the further spread of COVID19.

If everyone followed suit with a blase approach, 'cause they're special', it would be some real fine and dandy mess to clear up in a few weeks time.
    We can agree you bent the rules and/or voided the guidelines, and that's all there is to it. It's not a big ask to admit to.

Anyway...

Fixed Your Post.
    Tommorow you'll be back on boards many times, between 5am and 10pm, that's a given.

And your point is? So what, I post while sitting at a computer whoop de fùcking doo, you're on here often enough yourself kiddo

People in glass houses and all that jazz ;)
    Does not matter what I think, merely informing you of your state's own guidelines, (as you appear to be unaware of them) in terms of the most critical importance of preventing the further spread of COVID19.

Well the police officers who seen me sitting on the bench didn't seem.to have an issue so I'm guessing they didnt feel uneasy breaking any laws.
    If everyone followed suit with a blase approach, 'cause they're special', it would be some real fine and dandy mess to clear up in a few weeks time.
    We can agree you bent the rules and/or voided the guidelines, and that's all there is to it. It's not a big ask to admit to.

Anyway...

And I'll probably do it again next weekend if I manage to get a few hours to myself, dont worry your pretty head about it, I get temperature tested at least 4 times a day including before I even get into the building.

And your point is? So what, I post while sitting at a computer whoop de fùcking doo
    Yet you manage to paint this ever so lovely picture of an important 'key worker' saving the planet, putting the world to rights.
    Well the police officers who seen me sitting on the bench didn't seem.to have an issue so I'm guessing they didnt feel uneasy breaking any laws.
    Don't you think they've enough to do already (with their reduced numbers)?

Without another **** parking himself down for a couple of hours in a lockdown? Yes, they could easily issue you a spot fine, but there's likely a park and surrounds of other ****s to see to 1st.
    And I'll probably do it again next weekend.
    Just when the situation gets even more dire :rolleyes:
    Again, more blatant disregard and two fingers up, to the important advice and guidelines.

The new conspiracy right here....
    ....is that you either don't understand exactly what COVID19 is,
    ....or don't understand the state requested behavioural guidelines.

Maybe pick up an information leaftet next time you walk a few miles for a couple of hours to sit down and read of a book, to read.

Must be so painful, just to admit you're actually in the wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,178 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Yet you manage to paint this ever so lovely picture of an important 'key worker' saving the planet, putting the world to rights.

Without another **** parking himself down for a couple of hours in a lockdown? Yes, they could easily issue you a spot fine, but there's likely a park and surrounds of other ****s to see to 1st.

Again, more blatant disregard and two fingers up, to the important advice and guidelines.

Maybe pick up an information leaftet next time you walk a few miles for a couple of hours to sit down and read of a book, to read.

odd that you are now so insistent that everybody obeys the government.

You have an awful habit of claiming things people have not said :rolleyes:

Would never happen, can guarantee that ;)

Oh I understand them.dont worry about that kiddo.

Again, not a tiny shiny shìte is given as to what you think, if you could see the whole picture then maybe you might understand but alas, you never will.

Sure I bet he takes a G.P.S reader with him to ensure he never breaks the irish 2 KM rule :D

Can you show where I suggested they don't obey any current state guidelines?
    Nope.

There is only one chap here who has already, and is insistant on doing so again (voiding guidelines and recommendations).

This sort of behaviour, approaching peak death rates, is either fecklessness, or an indication of self-serving narcissism, ...or both.

Can you show where I suggested they don't obey any current state guidelines?
    Nope.

There is only one chap here who has already, and is insistant on doing so again (voiding guidelines and recommendations).

This sort of behaviour, approaching peak death rates, is either fecklessness, or an indication of self-serving narcissism, ...or both.

What is the conspiracy?

I tink it was china cuz dey tryna hit trump n de comies wanna stop progres k bye

• Advertisement

Sure I bet he takes a G.P.S reader with him to ensure he never breaks the irish 2 KM rule :D
    So let's all have a laugh at state pandemic guidelines is it?

Funnytimes :D (not).
    Meanwhile the country you reside in, is now expected to overtake Spain and Italy for fatalities.

A new conspiracy for today: is that some/many people, particularly over in england, coudn't give a flying ****.

Advertisement