Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friends Reunion [HBO Max]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,074 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Courtney Cox now looks like Cher !! They must have the same plastic surgeon

• Registered Users Posts: 21,831 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Watching it here now , Lisa Kudrow looks fantastic, CC and JA not so much imo .
    Matthew Perry , his teeth look too big for his mouth ,so maybe the deal work story is true , loved him as Chandler , himself and Phoebe were my favourites :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,172 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

py2006 wrote: »
    Also Ross had a black girlfriend later in the series. Not a main character I know.

Aisha Tyleŕ played the girlfriend of Joey and Ross, her name was Charlie

Gabrielle Union also appeared as a girl both Ross and Joey liked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭JackTC

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Aisha Tyleŕ played the girlfriend of Joey and Ross, her name was Charlie

Also one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

JackTC wrote: »
    Also one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen.

She was a stunner and Sofia Milos who was the girl who was married and dating Chandler but sleeping with loads of different guys as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Snore. You'd think they do a Seinfeld reunion instead.

Check out season seven of Curb your enthusiasm for that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 DipDiphooray

Watched this last night. Was fairly enjoyable I didn't think it would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

guy2231 wrote: »
    Lots of criticism of friends recently for not having any of the main characters be black or gay, what a wind up the worlds gone mad

Yeah it's a joke. It's a sitcom about 6 friends, who happen to be white.

Also thought there was huge minority representation..black doctors, professors etc.

Julie, Charlie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 DipDiphooray

Pussyhands wrote: »

Also thought there was huge minority representation..black doctors, professors etc.

Julie, Charlie

I stopped watching the Cosby show when I realised I felt excluded from the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

iamwhoiam wrote: »

:D how could she do that to herself!!! haha...Matthew perry seems enhanced too...fair dues to Matt Le Blanc..aged gracefully

• Advertisement

Julie, Charlie

You should go get a hobby

LillySV wrote: »
    You should go get a hobby

Why?

Why?

friends is a harmless comedy and all you seem to be taking from it was that there wasnt enough coloured people in it...come on.....

LillySV wrote: »
    friends is a harmless comedy and all you seem to be taking from it was that there wasnt enough coloured people in it...come on.....

Read my post again

Read my post again

****, sorry friendly fire , repeat friendly fire! :D:D

Apologies for half arse reading something!:D

Seeing the set in the warehouse place changes the way I'll look at it now.

Really is a great show. Watching the reunion was very nostalgic even though, being 30, I probably only started watching episodes aged 14 or 15 or something. Love being able to watch recordings at the time knowing what the show turned out to be, whereas they at the time had no idea what it was going to be...that it would still be loved 27 years later.

Also how life was so different. Gay jokes, fat jokes, drunk girl jokes definitely wouldn't float today...which I kinda think is stupid.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I really enjoyed it when I thought I wouldn't and it would be like the dire Inbetweeners reunion and when I heard Corden was involved I debated not even watching it but I has a big stupid smile all the way though and even though I was a little on the young side when it started (maybe13/14) I watched 90% of the episodes as they aired from start to finish so had a real soft spot.

I would have watched 2 hours of them reminiscing and doing the table reads but it was all very watchable. With some nice info I didn't pick up before. My take on cast was;

Leblanc obviously has aged the most but outside of packing a few pounds looks good and seemed the most genuinely happy and Warm. I'd say a decent guy.

Schwimmer looked good, came across really well and his table reads were excellent.... I picked up a closeness between him and Leblanc that I expected to see with Perry.

Cox and Anniston were as I expected..... kind of camera aware and put on a show. Both looked well for 50's allowing for work done.

Kudrow aged the best and seemed right up for it. Her laugh us genuinely infectious

Perry I'd imagine it's all been said above. His deamons are all over his face and was very quiet or cut out..... I'd go to the point and say he was fed that line about if you meet one of the other friends at a social occasion..... if I didn't know any better I would have guessed he had neuro isssues or some kind health problems. Very sad as he was my favourite character.

Overall I think I enjoyed it more that I would have a 1hr special episode that most likely would have been a disappointment. I did chuckle at the obviously preplanned "We are not doing a movie" answer..... in fairness I'd say aside from any work done they are still doing very well from the royalties from the reruns

• Registered Users Posts: 85,172 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Poor Matt Le Blanc has become a meme

• Site Banned Posts: 339 ✭✭guy2231

I seen every episode of friends ten times and watching another cast interview doesn't interest me in the slightest, I don't see what all the fuss is about at.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

And not a good one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭fluke

You're referring to the culchie ones circulating?

I find them pretty funny. Definitely know a few people like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Those memes are gas!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

iamwhoiam wrote: »

Her and Jennifer Aniston look terrible in the closeups when they're on the couch in the apartment.

All I can see around jennifer Anistons mouth is Joseph Gordon Levitt in looper when he's done up to look like young Bruce willis

Matt leblanc just looks like a man in his 50's that isn't that active.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Have to say I really enjoyed it. It was such an easy watch. I'm a big fan of the show, and I was happy to see the reunion. I was dying laughing at some parts.

fluke wrote: »
    You're referring to the culchie ones circulating?

I find them pretty funny. Definitely know a few people like that.

They're sooooo unoriginal.

"culchie man doing something" and the fool on twitter thinks they're a comedic genius then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

I think they’re hilarious. And exactly what I thought of when I saw the shirt.

We'll never see a sitcom like it again imo. Now everything is social media related, all about likes and followers and tweets.

I find it kinda mad to think these episodes were before social media, youtube, instagram, twitter etc. Even most of them were pre 9/11. None of them ever had mobile phones I don't think or maybe they did at one stage. They wrote their numbers down and gave it to others.

I was actually watching the episode where Chandler and Ross were putting up photoshops on the college alumni page and thinking...that's how facebook started!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Is there an extended version of the reunion show?

The one I saw was about 1hr 45mins, however I am seeing clips online with bits that weren't in the one I saw!

py2006 wrote: »
    Is there an extended version of the reunion show?

The one I saw was about 1hr 45mins, however I am seeing clips online with bits that weren't in the one I saw!

They're extras on HBO max.

• Advertisement

The Gaga part was the worst part of the show.

At least the bits with Beckham, Bieber, BTS only lasted probably 3 minutes of the whole show.

Gaga came in and made smelly cat all about her.

Advertisement