Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feb 29th - Snowfall/Wintry Conditions

Options
1212223242527»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

Heavy snow shower Glencullen

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭kittyn

Snow and hail mix shower here currently

• Registered Users Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭Be right back

kittyn wrote: »
    Snow and hail mix shower here currently

Where's that?

Where's that?

Ticknock, South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Had that snow and hail shower in D14 just there a few minutes ago too, sun is out now.

• Advertisement

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    Had that snow and hail shower in D14 just there a few minutes ago too, sun is out now.

Very dark clouds coming over the mountains though from what I can see so there could be more ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

Mix of hail and snow showers here in South Dublin, a weird mix and honestly kinda don't want more

I would love spring now ty xx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Thoes. Showers today really draged the temperatures down with

• Registered Users Posts: 7,124 ✭✭✭pad199207

Status Yellow - Snow/Ice warning for Ireland

Showers will continue to affect the western half of the country overnight, increasingly falling as sleet, or possibly snow in a few places. With minimum air temperatures near zero or below countrywide, some icy stretches are likely by morning.

Valid: 00:01 Monday 02/03/2020 to 08:00 Monday 02/03/2020

Issued: 16:00 Sunday 01/03/2020

Updated: 16:17 Sunday 01/03/2020

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

just back from the Wicklow area and there was a very heavy hail and snow shower there a few hours ago. It was starting to stick near the mountains when I was leaving.

No snow here at Dunshaughlin, I was told that there was no snow here yesterday either, just sleety rain.

I'm looking forward to a boost in temperatures in about a week's time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Snowing in Castlebar currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Goldfinch8

That shower had turned to a sleety rain by the time it got here. A familiar theme in recent weeks. One good thing is to see that brightness in the western sky this eve. Fairly raw out there though. Starting to yearn for some weather with a bit of nature to it. Have had my fill of the wind and rain at this stage.

Snow shower just east of Castlebar now. Started off sleety but now all flakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Some pretty weak showers trying to make it inland but not really succeeding too well.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,656 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

There is a dusting of snow on the ground this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭pauldry

There is a dusting of snow on the ground this morning.

And here

A dusting here also but the Sheefry and Partry Mountains looked quite glorious clothed in white in the distance this morning once the sunlight found them. Would loved to have seen them from a closer viewpoint. The Nephin Beg range also got a fresh overcoat. I saw the Ox mountains on the way to work and their covering seemed more patchy probably due to the local nature of the showers. Some hill tops were well covered and others less so. Knock airport had a bit of a light covering up there also.
    A wintry start to March. One downside is that road conditions seemed to be very poor in parts of the west and midwest this morning judging by some of the traffic reports.

And that snow will have the longevity of a fart in the wind, unless it meets the top 100m of Errigal or Croagh Patrick. Strictly in isolation.

And the winner by a nose is.... Post number 2.

Advertisement