Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardaí: Provo Army Council oversees PIRA & SF

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,368 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Actually no, Ok ill entertain you.
    The exclusion of SF from the debates which was only rectified because of public uproar, endless propaganda in the newspapers in the weeks before the election that became more intense after the latest polls put SF in a strong position.
    Bringing up a 10 year old murder to further their propaganda campaign. Pictures of men wearing balaclavas on the front page of the Irish Times 3 days before the election.Further stories on page 2 and 3 of the same newspaper. I watched all the single interviews by Dobson on RTE and his attitude and demeanour while interviewing MLM compared to the others was disgraceful, he didn't even try to disguise it. Now this is all a fact nothing to do with anyone seeing the world as anyone else. It didn't work though, I would argue it did more harm than good as most rational people seen right through it. Aren't the media supposed to be impartial? It doesn't matter who you vote for if you don't see anything wrong with the way they behaved I give up.
    SF popularity has put a spanner in the works and has a lot of people a little hot under the collar and I am absolutely loving it. Long may it continue, just what this country needed. It's a win win, SF get into power and sort out the mess left by the other gang or the status quo continues and they are forced to sort the bigger issues out because they know if they don't the next election will see SF walk away with 60+ seats. Wouldn't that be wonderful

TDs singing Come Our Ye Black And Tans and shouting up the RA. Fake news eh? A quick glance at their TDs shows that SF couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Conspiracy forum ---->

You’re in a conspiracy thread buddy.the onus is on you to put forward evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

'A Protestant Man' in the top job, jesus ****.

'A Protestant Man' in the top job, jesus ****.

What happened to parity of esteem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

smurgen wrote: »
    You’re in a conspiracy thread buddy.the onus is on you to put forward evidence.

bud,
    You haven't proved this is a conspiracy thread and you won't
    Ergo my point stands
    Stating Garda operate to protect the political aims or interests of political parties requires a tin foil hat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,440 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

So????what's your point?

I think it was fairly obvious but I will spell it out for you why I said the following.
    The interesting thing about Mary Lou is that she is not even the most republican in her own family. Her sister Joanne was in éirígí.

This post hits the nail on he head.
    Strumms wrote: »
    It’s a completely different moral compass, a completely different outlook and experience to what being human, kind and caring is all about, a completely different respect for the law, for human life which is why we need those fûcks as far away from any sort of influence or decision making positions in this state, period.

But it is all the more shocking that two intelligent middle class girls fell under the spell of republicanism. It is clear one woman must have influenced the other. Like a republican virus. The accent Mary Lou and Joanne has in particular is one of the most un-Sinn Fein accents you would ever hear.

Not working class, not northern, female and southern especially that of plummy voiced Joanne. It is like he story of the upper class girl who wanted to slum it on a gap year with the working class, and then went off the rails.

Not the first time this happened in fairneess.

Sinn Fein's favorite friends they love to hate (the Indo) did a piece on Mary Lou way back in 2004.
    They called it and were proven right.

https://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/how-shinner-babe-mary-lou-came-to-the-aid-of-the-party-26221690.html

It appears FF were sick they let Mary slip through the net as Mary Lou is highly intelligent and is a woman middle class - different subset of voter attracted. Perfect for SF a clean option Southern female and someone who could be the face. A non-active combatant during 'the struggle'.

It is also clear the spark in the McDonald's republicanism was watching Long Kesh/the maze 1981. Mary Lou would have been an impressionable 12 year old. And her sister Joanne was even younger at the time The propaganda coup of the maze sucked them in. The mystic of republicanism the subject of this very thread the army council is not one to be feared or condemned. It is to be admired if you are a true believer. Those who do not are heretics to he cult of SF, and the new anointed faces who take orders from an army council.

It is clear that another non-combatant during the struggle fell for this republican mystic.

David Cullinane from Waterford who obviously wishes he was back in 1981 skipping breakfast with Bobby Sands.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/transcript-of-speakers-at-up-the-ra-sinn-f%C3%A9in-event-we-broke-the-free-state-1.4170504

Apparently SF have broken the 'Free State' :rolleyes:. Even looking at the terminology, is this the mindset that ordinary decent people want in charge of the government? Are these people that are going to move SF into normality or are they too polluted by the past and the cult of SF?

SF's doubling in support is a very soft vote the fine line SF walk between overt republicanican lingo, and glorification the past will turn off many of the new SF voters eventually. But naturally there are some youngsters who are distance in age and geography to SF, who may be duped by SF's promise of houses etc.
    Of course there may be others who have fallen under the spell of the SF cult just like the McDonald's and Mr Cullinane did all those years ago.

I am sure all three individuals could name the current Army Council of SF, and some have no problem taking orders from them. Part of the mystic don't ya know....

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 greencoat

What a load of paranoid nonsense.

The shinners can't stand that a Protestant man is in the top job. Drew Harris has more integrity and backbone than SF-IRA has in its entirety. For a man who's father was shot by the thugs in the IRA he carries himself with great dignity and never lets his emotions get the better of him.

Thankfully the shinners seem desperate not to go in to government again so it will be up to the adult parties to step in and form a government soon.

would you give over and step away from the crack pipe..
    https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1014864038390632448

his links and decisions to the Glennane Gang..Dublin and Monaghan bombings...UDR/RUC and Loyalist collusion investigations are resurfacing

• Registered Users Posts: 68,129 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I think it was fairly obvious but I will spell it out for you why I said the following.

This post hits the nail on he head.

But it is all the more shocking that two intelligent middle class girls fell under the spell of repudlicanism. It is clear one woman must have influenced the other. Like a republican virus. The accent Mary Lou and Joanne has in particular is one of the most un-Sinn Fein accents you would ever hear.

Not working class, not northern, female and southern especially that of plummy voiced Joanne. It is like he story of the upper class girl who wanted to slum it on a gap year with the working class, and then went off the rails.

Sinn Fein's favorite friends they love to hate (the Indo) did a piece on Mary Lou way back in 2004.
    They called it and were proven right.

https://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/how-shinner-babe-mary-lou-came-to-the-aid-of-the-party-26221690.html

It appears FF were sick they let Mary slip through the net as Mary Lou is highly intelligent and is a woman middle class - different subset of voter attracted. Perfect for SF a clean option Southern female and someone who could be the face. A non-active combatant during 'the struggle'.

It is also clear the spark in the McDonald's republicanism was watching Long Kesh/the maze 1981. Mary Lou would have been an impressionable 12 year old. And her sister Joanne was even younger at the time The propaganda coup of the maze sucked them in. The mystic of republicanism the subject of this very thread the army council is not one to be feared or condemned. It is to be admired if you are a true believer. Those who do not are heretics to he cult of SF and the new anointed faces who take orders from an army council.

It is clear that another non-combatant during the struggle fell for this republican mystic.

David Cullinane from Waterford who obviously wishes he was back in 1981 skipping breakfast with Bobby Sands.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/transcript-of-speakers-at-up-the-ra-sinn-f%C3%A9in-event-we-broke-the-free-state-1.4170504

Apparently SF have broken the 'Free State' :rolleyes:. Even looking at the terminology is this the mindset that ordinary decent people want in charge of the government? Are these people that are going to move SF into normality or are they too polluted by the past and the cult of SF?

SF's doubling in support is a very soft vote the fine line SF walk between overt republicanism lingo and glorification the past will turn off many of the new SF voters eventually. But naturally there are some youngsters who are distance in age and geography to SF, who may be duped by SF's promise of houses etc.
    Of course there may be others who have fallen under the spell of the SF cult just like the McDonald's and Mr Cullinane did all those years ago.

I am sure all three individuals could name the current Army Council of SF and some have no problem taking orders from them. Part of the mystic don't ya know....

:) 'Spells' 'Cults' :):)

The media have been trying this one for years. It never gets old.

Open your eyes gormdubh, they are just normal people who believe different things to you.

:) 'Spells' 'Cults' :):)

The media have been trying this one for years. It never gets old.

Open your eyes gormdubh, they are just normal people who believe different things to you.

Not completely true Francie as you well know many who voted SF are clueless about the troubles. Granted there are a few like yourself who were convinced. But the majority were of a different generation.
    Youse made your bed now. But if you lie down with dogs you normally end up with fleas.

It is well known that Mary Lou fell under the SF spell/cult from an early age as did Cullinane

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:roB4h_Z1UVQJ:https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/mary-lou-mcdonald-a-dubliner-with-deep-republican-roots-1.3388701+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie

Mary Lou's background -

"her mother’s uncle was executed by the Free State side during the civil war. She says that the hunger strikes awakened her to the injustices suffered by northern Catholics. She understood that it was necessary, she told a documentary some years ago, to take up arms against the British state. These militant views did not prevent her from joining Fianna Fáil however, and her earliest entry in The Irish Times archive is contributing to discussions at the party’s 1998 ardfheis."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

The more I'm looking at drew Harris the more questionable an illusive he's looking to me. Why won't he sign up for GSOC deal?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/garda-commissioner-drew-harris-wont-enter-gsoc-deal-on-force-misconduct-r7mqzdmh3

• Advertisement

Not completely true Francie as you well know many who voted SF are clueless about the troubles. Granted there are a few like yourself who were convinced. But the majority were of a different generation.
    Youse made your bed now. But if you lie down with dogs you normally end up with fleas.

Here is somebody who is not a 'cult member' or under a 'spell'. He is a victim looking for answers, just like Breege Quinn.

Did the media or Taoiseach or TD's raise this story when Drew Harris came to power in the Gardai?

https://twitter.com/MiamiShowband/status/1014864038390632448

Should they have?

You are not one of the 'manipulated' gormdubh, you are one of the 'manipulators'.

You are on a ons sided crusade and are frankly blinded by the passion of that crusade. Never a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭woohoo!!!

If you're from the north, for example Derry, you would be called a traitor for saying you support GFA. FFG are undermining the GFA for short term political gain, just like the Tories across the water. It looks lije they do not care. The words 'we will never leave you behind' by Vardadkar are looking very hollow.

It is well known that Mary Lou fell under the SF spell/cult from an early age as did Cullinane

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:roB4h_Z1UVQJ:https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/mary-lou-mcdonald-a-dubliner-with-deep-republican-roots-1.3388701+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie

Mary Lou's background -

"her mother’s uncle was executed by the Free State side during the civil war. She says that the hunger strikes awakened her to the injustices suffered by northern Catholics. She understood that it was necessary, she told a documentary some years ago, to take up arms against the British state. These militant views did not prevent her from joining Fianna Fáil however, and her earliest entry in The Irish Times archive is contributing to discussions at the party’s 1998 ardfheis."

You do know the significance of the word 'awakened' there?

Snow White 'awakened' from a 'spell'.

Embarrassed for you now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Will Drew Harris find himself having to be the third consecutive Garda commissioner to step down from his role?

The law and order party are having fierce bad luck with commissioners and justice ministers.

You couldn't make it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Faugheen wrote: »
    And I’ll entertain you.

So the broadcasters changed their minds to reflect the most recent opinion polls? The absolute horror of that.

Sinn Fein had councillors wiped out in the locals while they lost two of their three seats in the Europeans and they also ran 42 candidates. None of that transpired as any ambition for Mary Lou McDonald to be Taoiseach, which is what the head to heads were based on. Even Mary Lou knew that, but she saw a gap and she exploited it absolutely brilliantly. People bought into it, and the surge began.

When opinion polls had SF as the largest party, RTE had to act. There was no reason to keep them off the debate because even if they didn’t win the most seats, being the largest party would have given Mary Lou a claim to be Taoiseach.

The media didn’t bring up Paul Quinn’s murder. His mother did. Why did it take an election campaign for SF to engage with the Quinn family?

Like I said earlier, if you want to sit at the grown-ups table then prepare for accountability. Mary Lou was caught lying.

And don’t give me that ****e about Dobson treating her differently to anyone else. He gave Micheal Martin the complete runaround and absolutely rattled him. Of course Shinners won’t acknowledge this because it’s all a conspiracy against their party. Fake news, I believe it’s called.

Sinn Fein has absolutely put a spanner in the works, but like I said if you want to sit at the adult table then you need to be held accountable for your actions, or lack thereof.

If you don’t want to be held accountable, then it’s back to the kiddies table where you can shout and bitch and moan all you like.
    Thanks for that. That was definitely entertaining. I won't waste my time arguing with any of that. Except to say that Mr Coveneys brother Rory who is in charge of strategy for RTE did a fine job, or so he thought.

smurgen wrote: »
    The more I'm looking at drew Harris the more questionable an illusive he's looking to me. Why won't he sign up for GSOC deal?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/garda-commissioner-drew-harris-wont-enter-gsoc-deal-on-force-misconduct-r7mqzdmh3

Why do you think he won't? Why do think he asks members of the public to contact GSOC if they are concerned about Garda activities? Did you just pluck a headline out of your Google search? WTF has this got to do with his assertion that ex-members of the PIRA Army Council control Sinn Féin?

McMurphy wrote: »
    Will Drew Harris find himself having to be the third consecutive Garda commissioner to step down from his role?

The law and order party are having fierce bad luck with commissioners and justice ministers.

You couldn't make it up.

Yeah. If only there was a proper Law and Order party waiting to get into power.

Why do you think he won't? Why do think he asks members of the public to contact GSOC if they are concerned about Garda activities? Did you just pluck a headline out of your Google search? WTF has this got to do with his assertion that ex-members of the PIRA Army Council control Sinn Féin?

https://twitter.com/SaorAgusGaelach/status/1231019342650904576?s=09

• Advertisement

You do know the significance of the word 'awakened' there?

Snow White 'awakened' from a 'spell'.

Embarrassed for you now.

You can be embarrased all you like Francie. But unlike you I am not blind to what is going on.

To support SF with all the facts you have to see no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil. Maybe glorify the same the odd time just for show maybe a bit of deflection her or there.

If poor auld Snow White got raped by one of the seven republican dwarfs, she would be still looking for justice.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%A1ir%C3%ADa_Cahill#Rape_allegations

Because SF has to do what the IRA Army Council says simple as that

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-29850140

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Thanks for that. That was definitely entertaining. I won't waste my time arguing with any of that.

That’s because you can’t argue with it.

Nobody will laugh at you for holding your hands up and saying ‘you know what? Fair enough.’

In fact people might respect you more and not assume that you’re debating and posting in bad faith.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

In my years of observing SF’s army of online supporters I’ve never seen such wanton acts of whataboutery, straw man, appeals to ignorance, and poisoning the well as this story has generated.

They’re as mad as hell, and they don’t want to take it anymore.

You can be embarrased all you like Francie. But unlike you I am not blind to what is going on.

To support SF with all the facts you have to see no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil. Maybe glorify the same the odd time just for show maybe a bit of deflection her or there.

If poor auld Snow White got raped by one of the seven republican dwarfs, she would be still looking for justice.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%A1ir%C3%ADa_Cahill#Rape_allegations

Because SF has to do what the IRA Army Council says simple as that

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-29850140

I'm fully aware of what SF emerged from.

The only person on a 'crusade' here is you gormdubh.

Do you think Drew Harris has questions to answer on his past?

Do you think he should have accounted for that before he got the top Garda job?
    Or is it only SF you hold to account, like Michael and Leo?

Point?

Point?

It has to be spelt out for you?

The commissioner in 2015 contradicts the commissioner in 2020.

The now Garda commissioner in 2020 agrees with his own/MI5 statement from 2015.

Seriously, that needed to be clarified for you?

McMurphy wrote: »
    Point?

It has to be spelt out for you?

The commissioner in 2015 contradicts the commissioner in 2020.

The commissioner in 2020 agrees with his own/MI5 statement from 2020.

Seriously, that needed to be clarified for you?

This is the problem when you just repost stuff without reading it. In 2020, Harris agreed with the assessment that ex-members of the PIRA Army Council oversee Sinn Féin. Please feel free to point out where your quoted letter disproves that assertion.

This is the problem when you just repost stuff without reading it. In 2020, Harris agreed with the assessment that ex-members of the PIRA Army Council oversee Sinn Féin. Please feel free to point out where your quoted letter disproves that assertion.

The PSNI report said that the Army Council had an
    'overarching strategy'
    whilst Norin O'Sullivan said:
    There is no evidence of PIRA military departments or the Army Council operating in the Republic.

Which is it?

I'm fully aware of what SF emerged from.

The only person on a 'crusade' here is you gormdubh.

Do you think Drew Harris has questions to answer on his past?

Do you think he should have accounted for that before he got the top Garda job?
    Or is it only SF you hold to account, like Michael and Leo?

Well SF don't want to seem be accountable for anything up in NI. It was repeatedly said by Mary Lou that the election is in the ROI and she was born in Dublin!
    So she goes on partitionist line when it suits - saved by the border. Of course Drew Harris should be held to account for any wrongdoing. But on every-side NI is like some sort of twilight zone where things are ignored, buried or conveniently forgotten.

In the last few weeks I have done plenty of thinking about the games with words republicans play with. And I got to be honest the more I think of it. A united Ireland would be a bad thing. Old wounds would be reopened the other crowd would rise up again. And the Army Council (which is still there in structure) will get the shovels out to get the guns.

Irony much.

• Advertisement

Well SF don't want to seem be accountable for anything up in NI. It was repeatedly said by Mary Lou that the election is in the ROI and she was born in Dublin!
    So she goes on partitionist line when it suits - saved by the border. Of course Drew Harris should be held to account for any wrongdoing. But on every-side NI is like some sort of twilight zone where things are ignored, buried or conveniently forgotten.

In the last few weeks I have done plenty of thinking about the games with words republicans play with. And I got to be honest the more I think of it. A united Ireland would be a bad thing. Old wounds would be reopened the other crowd would rise up again. And the Army Council (which is still there in structure) will get the shovels out to get the guns.

A tissue of invention and nonsense in the same post.

Could you answer a question instead.

Do you think Drew Harris should have been held accountable for his previous actions before he got the job of Garda Commissioner.

What did the government say to the victims of the Dublin/Monaghan bombings and the Miami Massacre and the victims of the Glennane Gang by giving him the job without accounting for the severe criticisms levelled at him by those victims?
    https://twitter.com/MiamiShowband/status/1014864038390632448?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1014864038390632448&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.boards.ie%2Fvbulletin%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D2058055985%26page%3D11

Advertisement