Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus in waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

If you were walking on your own or with a family member I assume that it

would be ok to walk there but it's when it gets to high levels of walkers that's

when the s' could hit the fan. I'm as anxious as anyone to venture out beyond

what is recommended but I'm reluctant to do so! I would love to sit somewhere

and have a pint with some food and just sit and watch people as they go by.

I don't want to end my days in WRH either, well not yet anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Agree about the 5km limit, if this is maintained until the summer it will surely end up being observed in the b(r)each, I do not envy the Guards trying to police it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Agree about the 5km limit, if this is maintained until the summer it will surely end up being observed in the b(r)each, I do not envy the Guards trying to police it.

I'd like to know what the Guards are doing? First few days of this lockdown and they were out driving around all the areas that people drove out to go for walks on previous lockdowns. Now they aren't to be seen but the people driving out of town to go for a walk certainly are.

Its hardly a difficult job. They don't have to do much to put the fear of god into most people. Just a sorry you shouldn't be here will move most families on. Mess them around and pick up a fine.

Wake me up when it's all over.

As I do not sneak out to Woodstown I really couldn't tell you!

But I do see them on the ring road, Dunmore road Williamstown road etc.

As I do not sneak out to Woodstown I really couldn't tell you!

But I do see them on the ring road, Dunmore road Williamstown road etc.

I'm down the end of the lane near an out of the way coastal spot.

When people are taking some notice of the lockdown they sneak down here so the neighbors don't see them out (its always about what the neighbors think).

Now people have given up they don't even bother to do that and you see far more cars parked in the council car parks for the main beaches. The greenway carparks are also much fuller.

• Advertisement

Agree about Greenway, was working at Carriganore last week in appalling weather and there must have been 20-30 cars in there, and it didn't look like a dogging meet.

Agree about Greenway, was working at Carriganore last week in appalling weather and there must have been 20-30 cars in there, and it didn't look like a dogging meet.

You know that just begs the question "how do you know what a dogging meet looks like" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Give it a rest will you, not that it’s any of your business but I work 18km from my home, I do my shopping on my way home from work. I never mentioned anything about anyone going outside their 5km for shopping or for any other essential reason. I don’t claim to be perfect but I haven’t gotten in to my car and headed out for the sake of it. I merely commented to another user that I was doing my best to adhere to the current guidelines, and like many others are starting to find it hard. You are trying to turn this is to something that it’s not. I’m done now with this back and forth.

I wanted to apologise to you Aquos i didn't mean to go off on one on you yesterday this lockdown the past few weeks has been hard on me and everyone one,very stupid of me to single you out when we are all finding it tough,no hard feeling i hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I'm going to have to make the assumption that you're genuinely too stupid to get the irony.

I wonder would you call a stranger in person stupid?,i very much doubt it as its very easy to be a big man behind a username on the internet.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I wanted to apologise to you Aquos i didn't mean to go off on one on you yesterday this lockdown the past few weeks has been hard on me and everyone one,very stupid of me to single you out when we are all finding it tough,no hard feeling i hope.

Apology accepted, thanks for that, you are right, everyone is finding things difficult and unfortunately the longer this goes on the harder it will be and the bigger impact it will leave behind.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Beautiful day out today. Woodstown Strand car park was fairly full but absolutely acres of space to walk freely on the beach. Checkpoint on the way out of town but if you go across Ballygunner you could avoid it. I do actually have a letter of exemption for our little one to be allowed out to the beach etc to exercise but the 5km is absolute nonsense. Attempted to go to the park beforehand and that was much more crowded and less safe tbh. Our countryside is a lot safer of a place to be than our urban areas. This doesn't make an ounce of sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭spaceCreated

Beautiful day out today. Woodstown Strand car park was fairly full but absolutely acres of space to walk freely on the beach. Checkpoint on the way out of town but if you go across Ballygunner you could avoid it. I do actually have a letter of exemption for our little one to be allowed out to the beach etc to exercise but the 5km is absolute nonsense. Attempted to go to the park beforehand and that was much more crowded and less safe tbh. Our countryside is a lot safer of a place to be than our urban areas. This doesn't make an ounce of sense.

Always felt like an idea thought up in Dublin and Cork by TDs who can go where they want, stops rakes of people getting on the luas up in Dublin and the buses down in Cork and sure who cares about the rest of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Slide1.jpg

HSE Op Report for Last night

In Hospital Total 717 +14
    In ICU 147 -4
    Deaths 2

In WRH

44 +4
    4 new Cases
    ICU 4 +1

2 ICU beds available

2 ICU beds available in CUH. 1 ICU bed available in South Tipp and Wexford. 0 ICU beds available in Kilkenny and Mercy.

Slide1.jpg

In Hospital Total 737 +20
    In ICU 149 +2
    Deaths 2

In WRH

44 No Change
    5 new Cases
    ICU 4 No Change

2 ICU beds available

3 ICU beds available in CUH. 1 ICU bed available in Wexford. 0 ICU beds available in South Tipp, Kilkenny and Mercy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

10, 4 & 5 cases. But Level 5 until April at least. Mickey Martin clinging like grim death to the remaining grey vote , which is all Fianna Failure will ever have is all this is now. I guess another handy trick is you can't collapse a government and hold an election with the cloak of CoVid protecting you.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

10, 4 & 5 cases. But Level 5 until April at least. Mickey Martin clinging like grim death to the remaining grey vote , which is all Fianna Failure will ever have is all this is now. I guess another handy trick is you can't collapse a government and hold an election with the cloak of CoVid protecting you.

If you think the grey vote is the only reason FF are where they are then you don't understand the people of Ireland. Plenty of younger people vote for them and will continue to vote for them after all of this.

As for collapsing a government, it would be fairly irresponsible to do so right now and would likely result in needless deaths occurring due to idiots trying to go door to door to canvas etc

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Ffs, just look at the figures posted in this tread alone, it's clearly obvious even from those, why the government is doing what it's doing, it's got nothing to do with political points scoring. It's clearly obvious we need a major overhaul of our health system, particularly when this passes, but the disturbing truth is, I really can't actually see that happening.

Eu7fjvmXYAEZtux?format=jpg&name=small

Slide1.jpg
    Slide11.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭spaceCreated

Anyone else get driven mad with the people who have the masks down under the nose, especially the ones working stacking shelves in the shops and that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Anyone else get driven mad with the people who have the masks down under the nose, especially the ones working stacking shelves in the shops and that

Can understand it to be honest, must be horrible wearing them all day, they drive me nuts for the short time I wear them, maybe the shields should be used more often

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭jmdsk

spookwoman wrote: »
    Slide1.jpg
    Slide11.jpg

Where do you get the data sheets from?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Can understand it to be honest, must be horrible wearing them all day, they drive me nuts for the short time I wear them, maybe the shields should be used more often

Face shields are useful for keeping droplets out of eyes. They've been shown to have very little benefit in reducing transmission when used without masks.

jmdsk wrote: »
    Where do you get the data sheets from?

Get the hse op reports from. Those updated after 10pm or next day.
    https://www.hse.ie/eng/services/news/newsfeatures/covid19-updates/covid19-updates.html#daily-updates

The case numbers, declassification's, deaths and their breakdown, briefing, 8am hospitalisations from. Those updated at about 6pm or later
    https://www.gov.ie/en/news/7e0924-latest-updates-on-covid-19-coronavirus/#march-1

Confirmed numbers and others from. Updated not long after the 5.30 / pm daily news reports.

https://covid19ireland-geohive.hub.arcgis.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭jmdsk

@spookwoman Thank You

jmdsk wrote: »
    @spookwoman Thank You

No problem. Pain in the bum having the data in different places, it's why I put it into 1 so people can see it all in the one place.

You're doing great work! :)

21 new cases, 574 nationally. So overall picture improving but still sticky here.

Slide1.jpg
    Slide11.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭91wx763

Lovely. Someone can bring it home to wifey and when they have their school gate huddle and chinwag here comes the next wave......

https://twitter.com/FanchetAldo/status/1364301562315747334

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,026 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Yeah, you'd never seen men stand around having the chats..............................

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Advertisement