Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have we come to

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67,530 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    You seem to have issues with capitals, full stop and sentences.....will say no more

You seem to have issues with capitals, full stops and sentences.....I will say no more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

For those that missed it......

The alternative budget looks to target high-income earners and employers, with proposals to:

Taper out tax credits on incomes over €100,000 up to €140,000 (€185m in tax revenue)
    Introduce a 5% income levy on income over €140,000 (bringing in €310m in tax revenue)
    Introduce additional 4.9% employer PRSI rate on portion of salaries over €100,000 (bringing in €376m in tax revenue)

Thats just in the election, what comes next year, down to 80k?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Only ones who actually ‘did anything ‘ concrete(pardon the unintended pun)
    about it.

Remainder have horsed out ideas and stuff but haven’t laid a block.

Let’s wait and see how they do, I hope they do well and fulfill their promises, but as of now they haven’t laid an official brick on a brick.

Ya talk is cheap people won't be long shredding sf if they get into power and do **** all they will never win again it's all riding on this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Cupatae wrote: »
    Ya talk is cheap people won't be long shredding sf if they get into power and do **** all they will never win again it's all riding on this one

If only that were true of all failed government parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Did you actually read what was in the manifesto, once you are earning 140k then its the 5%, it is not if you take home pay is above 140k.....seriously read the manifesto before you start defending it

Great example of the Irish voter, not a breeze what is going on

Plus it starts at 100k.....Taper out tax credits on incomes over €100,000 up to €140,000 (€185m in tax revenue)

So once you and partner earn over 100k they start to tax the ass off you.....

Wrong. Like the USC and the income levy that preceded it, the levy is applied on individual gross incomes only. What's more, it's explicitly stated.

You're 70k + 70k hypothesis is fake news. Only the individual income above 140k threshold will attract the levy.

In any case, you realise that married couples / civil partners can elect to be assessed separately?

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    21,000 homes were built in 2019.

The numbers of build to rent that you quote are nowhere near a majority - it is incredible that you keep posting this untruth.

Take just the first article you post: "A total of 4,275 homes and apartments were completed in the first quarter"

"The largest increase was in apartments, with 613 new apartments completed in the first three months of the year"

"There has been a surge in fast-track applications for build-to-rent apartment blocks from developers, with most of these unlikely to go on sale to families"

On what planet is a fraction of 613, or even the vast majority of 613, a majority of 4,275?

I am going to just leave it there now.

Do you;

A) Have a breakdown of the 21,000*?
    B) Do you have links of your own on the numbers of rent to builds?
    C) Do you have an opinion on topic, my comment?

Yurt! wrote: »
    Wrong. Like the USC and the income levy that preceded it, the levy is applied on individual gross incomes only. What's more, it's explicitly stated.

You're 70k + 70k hypothesis is fake news. Only the individual income above 140k threshold will attract the levy.

In any case, you realise that married couples / civil partners can elect to be assessed separately?

Not what’s in the manifesto

» Ensuring that those who benefit most from our economy pay their fair share, funding our public services and protecting the public finances. We will introduce a 5% levy on individual incomes above €140,000, and remove tax credits from individual incomes above €140,000, tapered at a rate of 2.5% for every €1,000 above €100,000

Not what’s in the manifesto

» Ensuring that those who benefit most from our economy pay their fair share, funding our public services and protecting the public finances. We will introduce a 5% levy on individual incomes above €140,000, and remove tax credits from individual incomes above €140,000, tapered at a rate of 2.5% for every €1,000 above €100,000

Do you get how the USC (and the income levy before it) is applied to married couples? Blink once for yes, twice for no.

*Bolded a bit there for you to help you out

Do you get how the USC (and the income levy before it) is applied to married couples? Blink once for yes, twice for no.

*Bolded a bit there for you to help you out

So you admit all of this is wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Wait wait wait.... While student accommodation raises yet again and rent costs spiral out of control for the working classes what is Eoghan Murphy doing? He's signing laws banning microbeads. Of all the useless lumps even to enter the Dail he must be near the top. An embarrassment to our country.Fine Gael are an absolute joke! I cannot wait to see them fade into obscurity.Their fake veneer of respectibility is gone and their unfounded sense of superiority is now on view for all to marvel at.

https://www.thejournal.ie/microbeads-law-ireland-5015080-Feb2020/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭wetlandsboy

smurgen wrote: »
    Wait wait wait.... While student accommodation raises yet again and rent costs spiral out of control for the working classes what is Eoghan Murphy doing? He's signing laws banning microbeads. Of all the useless lumps even to enter the Dail he must be near the top. An embarrassment to our country.Fine Gael are an absolute joke! I cannot wait to see them fade into obscurity.Their fake veneer of respectibility is gone and their unfounded sense of superiority is now on view for all to marvel at.

You clearly know nothing about the environment. It’s actually embarrassing.

I’m no fan of FG but you not think getting rid of micro beads is not important to the planet?

So you admit all of this is wrong?

Ok, so you don't get how the USC and the proposed income levy for jointly assessed partners works.

It's been spelled out to you, but suffice to say, you're contention that a married couple earning 70k + 70k will attract the 5% levy is tosh you came up with on the spot.

Saving face is going to be difficult for you from here on out, particularly as you were calling everyone idiots and now you look a smidge foolish.

You clearly know nothing about the environment. It’s actually embarrassing.

Is Eoghan Murphy the minister for the environment?

Ok, so you don't get how the USC and the proposed income levy for jointly assessed partners works.

It's been spelled out to you, but suffice to say, you're contention that a married couple earning 70k + 70k will attract the 5% levy is tosh you came up with on the spot.

Saving face is going to be difficult for you from here on out, particularly as you were calling everyone idiots and now you look a smidge foolish.

I love the way people on here will keep going

You should note some people will not want to submit separate taxes, for various reasons

But let’s get back to your point, as I said once someone/couple earns 140k they pay the extra, not when take home pay is 140k, which you said was incorrect? Do you admit that is wrong or you still going to try and deflect?

I’m no fan of FG but you not think getting rid of micro beads is not important to the planet?

It's important. Just not so important right now that the minister who has nothing to do with the environment attends to it in the midst of a housing rent and homeless crisis.do FG no anything about management at all? Jesus wept.

It's important. Just not so important right now that the minister who has nothing to do with the environment attends to it in the midst of a housing rent and homeless crisis.do FG no anything about management at all? Jesus wept.

So the government should pass no legislation until the housing crisis is sorted? Just stop everything else going on???

Do you know anything about management ?

I love the way people on here will keep going

You should note some people will not want to submit separate taxes, for various reasons

But let’s get back to your point, as I said once someone/couple earns 140k they pay the extra, not when take home pay is 140k, which you said was incorrect? Do you admit that is wrong or you still going to try and deflect?

You're actually a brainmelt. You don't have a clue what you're talking about. For a man that was going around calling people low-iq, this is superb stuff.

A couple earning 70k + 70k, or any other combination of salaries that add up to 140k won't attract the levy.

You're actually a brainmelt. You don't have a clue what you're talking about. For a man that was going around calling people low-iq, this is superb stuff.

A couple earning 70k + 70k, or any other combination of salaries that add up to 140k won't attract the levy.

Keep going, it’s funny how some people will not admit they are wrong and instead think insulting the other person makes them look bigger or better or something.....I have no idea. But sure carry on insulting me....says more about you than me

So the government should pass no legislation until the housing crisis is sorted? Just stop everything else going on???

Hahaha put in another question mark I don't think you've enough.
    I manage a team of 16 professionals with 3 sub teams.our roles are defined and I have tasks and functions assigned to each member of staff. Reporting lines are clearly defined.
    It works swimmingly and we're growing faster than we can hire.
    Now contrast this to fine Gael where the ministers fail in their own area and start signing off on minor laws in another area.must be chaos!
    Maybe they just want to keep him occupied to prevent him from doing more damage.or give him some easy wins so he thinks he's making a difference somewhere.bless

• Advertisement

Keep going, it’s funny how some people will not admit they are wrong and instead think insulting the other person makes them look bigger or better or something.....I have no idea. But sure carry on insulting me....says more about you than me

Lol, you lost this one so hard. You'll be a while coming back from this one.

It's FG making decisions caused the housing crisis to grow among other things, so no they need to stop.

I manage a team of 16 professionals with 3 sub teams.our roles are defined and I have tasks and functions assigned to each member of staff. Reporting lines are clearly defined.
    Now contrast this to fine Gael where the ministers fail in their own area and start signing off on minor laws in another area.must be chaos!
    Maybe they just want to keep him occupied to prevent him from doing more damage.or give him some easy wins so he thinks he's making a difference somewhere.bless

Why would he sign a bill for a “easy win”?

Did this even make any of the news cycles?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Bowie wrote: »
    It's FG making decisions caused the housing crisis to grow among other things, so no they need to stop.

Bowie the real issues is, the created a crisis for some, but for themselves, their cronies and the vast majority of the electorate, who are non renters. they have played a blinder... there is the issue. that is the point, morally corrput bastards, but this situation isnt unique to ireland, seems to be all over the english speaking world. If you have a bit of time, watch this, it explains why governments love rip off housing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL3n59wC8kk

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Bowie the real issues is, the created a crisis for some, but for themselves, their cronies and the vast majority of the electorate, who are non renters. they have played a blinder... there is the issue. that is the point, morally corrput bastards, but this situation isnt unique to ireland, seems to be all over the english speaking world. If you have a bit of time, watch this, it explains why governments love rip off housing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL3n59wC8kk

The problem is for those who own their own house and may be quiet comfortable themselves their children maybe be suffering paying exhuberant rents or worse still they may have adult sons and daughters still living at home.

B85BC95CEAIcKOm.jpg

GST in austrailian, is VAT here...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,194 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

You remind me of the guy who sees his house on fire and instead of letting the firefighters tackle the actual fire, insists that they get his golf clubs out of the garage before they do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,123 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Do you;

A) Have a breakdown of the 21,000*?
    B) Do you have links of your own on the numbers of rent to builds?
    C) Do you have an opinion on topic, my comment?

You are exluding the large volume of housing that was built to live in. Thats not offered on the open market but doesnt mean it went to some scary vulture fund.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,123 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

LOL.
    FG, you mean the ones who ran the country enabling you to have a business that so successful you cant hire enough people?

Yeah, kick those lads out and get in SF....proven track record of.....?

Advertisement