Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have we come to

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

caff wrote: »
    Do it so if its so easy?

ive explained this before, you have to be gaming the welfare system from day 1, your ma has to teach you as time goes on how to game it, these people have been perfecting this for decades in a way that nobody who ever worked could physically or morally commit to.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

ive explained this before, you have to be gaming the welfare system from day 1, your ma has to teach you as time goes on how to game it, these people have been perfecting this for decades in a way that nobody who ever worked could physically or morally commit to.

So theres a skill in it that us mere mortals can't just go and join in? Sounds complicated, is it some kind of dole conspiracy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Blaze420 wrote: »
    Yeah I mean how dare those people work hard to earn that amount the absolute bastards - they’ll be sorry now though because the wasters have to be given free houses!!

Were are they going to get all these unemployed people from? *scratches head*
    Or do you think the low income tax payer is a waster?
    Tbf, SF seem very happy for a party didn't want to leave opposition :)

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭RonanG86

Oh come on now, MM would sell his mother to the dark lord to become Taoiseach.

Can't be the only Fianna Fail leader not to do it. That'd be very, very bad. De Valera would rise up out of the grave to personally berate him.

The question is, since FF might end up with more seats because of SF's low number of candidates, will Mary Lou play ball and accept being Tanaiste? Or will she hope the whole thing collapses inside 6 months and she can go again, but this time with more candidates?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭thomas 123

It’s amazing how quick we forgive fg/ff for all the controversies if the past decade.

It’s like the cervical scandal, Maurice McC, Tuam babies, defense forces living in cars, the millions of breath tests, the Templemore bank accounts, water charges, USC, 0 hour contracts, rent chaos, swing gate, the voting without being in the Dail, and need I mention the hospitals never happened.

Maybe this is the kick up the arse ff/fg need.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

Can anyone who voted Sinn Finn explain to me why with a reason other than they hate FG and FG?

Would especially like to hear from workers and people with a grasp of figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Can anyone who voted Sinn Finn explain to me why with a reason other than they hate FG and FG?

youll be here a while mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

Full Time employed with good job and own my own home.

Protest vote, they did nothing to tackle housing crisis.
    They messed up the children's hospital
    Messed up the broadband contract
    Constant delays to metrolink
    Worth trying something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

NIMAN wrote: »
    I have no great allegiance to SF, but can I ask you is there a time limit in your head when IRA atrocities are allowed to be forgotten about when a general election is on and SF are getting votes?

These 2 innocent kids who you pictured who died, should they be brought up in another 10 years, 20 years, 50 years?

Can SF ever run for election and not have these thrown up as a reason NOT to vote for them?

Then why did they sing 'Come out ye Black and Tans' in the Mansion House when Dessie Ellis was elected...
    Black and Tans ??? Is there a person alive on the entire planet who actually met any of them...
    Maybe it's time Sinn Fein put it's own history where it belongs, sever ties and move on...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Slightly unrelated, but over the last 20-30 years which period/governments would people point to as being a success or did a reasonable job of governing the country?

• Advertisement

Build affordable and social instead of leasing and buying. It's a better deal for me as a taxpayer.
    And its a dig out for lower income workers.

swarlb wrote: »
    Then why did they sing 'Come out ye Black and Tans' in the Mansion House when Dessie Ellis was elected...
    Black and Tans ??? Is there a person alive on the entire planet who actually met any of them...
    Maybe it's time Sinn Fein put it's own history where it belongs, sever ties and move on...

It’s a great song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

Truly depressing the vote SF have gotten. It’s more a damnation of FF and FG than a validation of SF. Sad times we are living in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

While I disagree strongly with voting SF for many reasons, they are quite likely to be in government now so I wish them all the best as this will affect all of us. They did read the mode well in the end re housing and others.

If anything were to get watered down in the programme for government, I would hope it's the pension age decrease, however unlikely that may be.

You're making the mistake of thinking SF or the IRA have ownership of our history. They do not.
    The Tans were a scourge on the Irish. The song is about that. Couldn't care less about the song, but let's not lose context.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

christy c wrote: »
    While I disagree strongly with voting SF for many reasons, they are quite likely to be in government now so I wish them all the best as this will affect all of us. They did read the mode well in the end re housing and others.

If anything were to get watered down in the programme for government, I would hope it's the pension age decrease, however unlikely that may be.

Will they? Who will go into power with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭RandomName2

FG and FF were to arrogant to believe they could be outed, they thought they could continue on forever lining their own pockets and serving themselves, this is a wake up call.

This will, with a bit of hope, the one positive thing to take from this election.

FG and FF were very incompetent. Arguably dangerously so, given what happened in 2008 (ancient history, move on, faux outrage - calm your horses Sinn Fein supporters, I'm not talking about your dear party this time).

I hope that with this outcome FG and FF know that the worst outcome for them politically is worse than just a temporary power swap. Serious work needs to be done on our infrastructure, not the ****ing about that has we've seen to date. We need to reduce terrible commutes, the cost of property, waiting times in hospitals.

It's possible that the unstable makeup of the current Dail brought about by these results may hamper the capacity to bring about decisive action though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Here’s a figure: 0.
    The number of candidates FG and FF field in the north. They happily encourage a functioning Stormont which includes SF but hold their collective noses when it comes to SF in power in the south. Reptiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,656 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Rufeo wrote: »
    Is Mary Lou going to be Taoiseach?

Seriously imagine that wagon in government. Yikes.

I hope she is

armaghlad wrote: »
    Here’s a figure: 0.

You are better with numbers than I anticipated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Would you be good enough to share what timeline ballads and the like should stick to? Nothing before 1960?1970?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

caff wrote: »
    Full Time employed with good job and own my own home.

Protest vote, they did nothing to tackle housing crisis.
    They messed up the children's hospital
    Messed up the broadband contract
    Constant delays to metrolink
    Worth trying something different.

There isn't really a housing crisis, there is an entitlement crisis! The "I don't want to work, have kids I can't afford but want a 'foreva home in the areas workers are priced out off" brigade peddle that agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

THese ffg morons question sf and finances. When they are paying 1800 a month for a one bed apartment in Dundrum to a vulture fund and we wonder why workers can’t be rewarded. Why there isn’t enough for a whole host of areas starved of funding. It went too far ! Oh and then the social housing tenants pays e50 a week rent !!! A ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! They spend more in the pub every week !

This will, with a bit of hope, the one positive thing to take from this election.

FG and FF were very incompetent. Arguably dangerously so, given what happened in 2008 (ancient history, move on, faux outrage - calm your horses Sinn Fein supporters, I'm not talking about your dear party this time).

I hope that with this outcome FG and FF know that the worst outcome for them politically is worse than just a temporary power swap. Serious work needs to be done on our infrastructure, not the ****ing about that has we've seen to date. We need to reduce terrible commutes, the cost of property, waiting times in hospitals.

It's possible that the unstable markup of the current Dail brought about by these results may hamper the capacity to bring about decisive action though.

I mean nothing has really improved in the last 10-15 years so a few more weeks will do no harm, one thing was 100% for sure though if FG got back in with a majority we know feck all would change for the next 4 years again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

Will they? Who will go into power with them?

FF

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

There isn't really a housing crisis, there is an entitlement crisis! The "I don't want to work, have kids I can't afford but want a 'foreva home in the areas workers are priced out off" brigade peddle that agenda.

TOTALLY agree and the rte propaganda furthers their cause. But this farce has been allowed and encouraged by “ the party of the early risers” absolute comedy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

christy c wrote: »
    FF

Won’t happen

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

And you think thats the housing crisis.

What about people who work but can't afford a house?
    Does that not resonate or are you just happy to roll out the usual crap generalisations which are regularly bandied about on here and the journal because you get a few 'likes'.

Odhinn wrote: »
    Would you be good enough to share what timeline ballads and the like should stick to? Nothing before 1960?1970?

I hear that there's wonderful Civil War music from the southern states that the snowflakes against Trump get all worked up over. They say that it's used as a 'dogwhistle' for nationalists and has problematic subtexts. Imagine that? The US Civil War was 150 years ago. Worse conspiracy theory than chemtrails.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

You're making the mistake of thinking SF or the IRA have ownership of our history. They do not.
    The Tans were a scourge on the Irish. The song is about that. Couldn't care less about the song, but let's not lose context.

Sinn Fein or the IRA DO think they have ownership of our history....
    I read a post here on a thread about the rugby match yesterday...
    The poster referred to another poster as part of the D4/Tan/WestBrit elite....
    ...over a feckin' rugby match ??? I can certainly guess who he voted for.

I've no problem with people voting for individuals who can do some good within the community, but to blanket vote for a party, simply as a protest against everything else is a waste of a vote.

Regardless, lets see how it plays out...
    If they do get in, and Mary Lou is in line to present a bowl of shamrock to Trump... maybe they will
    Build tens of thousands of affordable houses...
    Cut and keep rents to an affordable level....
    Build the Childrens Hospital on time, and within budget...
    Cut trolley waiting lists to Zero...
    Provide a decent public transport system....for ALL the country...
    etc...etc...etc...

Advertisement