Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Ciara - Reports/Chat/Non Technical

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

Limerick is getting pasted, it’s sticking to everything and still bucketing down

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Widye

Heavy sleet / rain in Glenmalure Co Wicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Still fairly gusty in cork city today, third day in a row now. Wind-chill is colder today though. Mixture of very dark clouds and blue sky around and everything is saturated, as was expected

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Very heavy snow in South Laois. Sticking rapidly. 0.8c/-0.2cDP. Dinnerplates!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭CirrusBusiness

Snowing north of Carlow town.

• Advertisement

RubyK wrote: »
    I know ye hate these types of posts, but please be patient with me :)

I've to drive from Waterford to Dublin airport for 7.00pm this evening, and then back to Waterford. Are the roads likely to be bad? I'm nervous enough driving to to Dublin when it's dark (yes that sounds ridiculous i know!) but I'll also be driving someone else car. So, would you think there will be icy/tricky conditions?

Thank you :)

Not meaning to be smart, but let them get the bus! Buseireann times are here. https://national.buseireann.ie/?originStop=11191&destinationstop=35505&ticketType=1&departdate=10-feb-2020&departtime=1600&returndate=&returntime=&adult=1&child=0&student=0&family=0 If you’re nervous, it might be safest. Though, I doubt that the roads would be that bad at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

Danno wrote: »
    Very heavy snow in South Laois. Sticking rapidly. 0.8c/-0.2cDP. Dinnerplates!

Yes, hammering here on the north kk/ Carlow/ laois border for the last hour. Car covered, grass turning white.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭CirrusBusiness

Snowing just north of Carlow town. Big flakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Mooro

Just heavy freezing rain in Tullamore. Miserable. Would love to see some snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Snow absolutely bucketing down in Clare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Shannon airport reporting a shower of Snow. Temperature 1,dewpoint 1.

Very heavy here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

screamer wrote: »
    Yes, hammering here on the north kk/ Carlow/ laois border for the last hour. Car covered, grass turning white.

5 minutes later the roads are covered, unreal

https://twitter.com/LaoisWeather/status/1226806263083945984?s=20

This was about 10 minutes ago - alot more since and a nice covering now. 0.6c and dewpoint -0.4c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

Very heavy snow in Limerick City. Heaviest I've seen in a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

Very heavy snow in Limerick City. Heaviest I've seen in a long time.

The size of the flakes is unreal, proper heavy snow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Not meaning to be smart, but let them get the bus! Buseireann times are here. https://national.buseireann.ie/?originStop=11191&destinationstop=35505&ticketType=1&departdate=10-feb-2020&departtime=1600&returndate=&returntime=&adult=1&child=0&student=0&family=0 If you’re nervous, it might be safest. Though, I doubt that the roads would be that bad at that time.

I'm collecting my Dad, who has got a really bad back (that's why I'm driving his car, as it's easier to get in/out of). Can't tell him to get the bus :) I'm probably over thinking all this, I've driven this road 100's of times, I just seem to be getting more nervous the older I get :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Darwin

Being snowing about an hour at this stage, starting to settle only now as the ground was very damp. I would imagine it will melt away fairly quickly when it clears east. Flakes are just huge!

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭mallards

It's a white out near the Wicklow gap. Seen a 4x4 pass about half an hour ago, nothing since that. Big flakes coming down and really heavy. About half an inch so far, but sticking really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,903 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Snowing quite heavily in Nth. Tipp.

SNow-10-2-20.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

Come on , lets get the pics up :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Mooro

Starting to stick in Limerick City Centre
    aufiTSm.jpg?2

That just looks lovely. Very envious :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

cnocbui wrote: »
    Snowing quite heavily in Nth. Tipp.

Galtymore will get a lot of snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭BigMoose

It's snowing in Rathnew/Wicklow, surprisingly large flakes given how close to sea level we are. Didn't expect us to get any this far east and close to the sea. That said it's far to wet and warm to settle.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Delighted for yeh you have got snow so far.

The day is young! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Delighted for yeh you have got snow so far.

The day is young! :)
    I love you x:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,903 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Galtymore will get a lot of snow!

I can see it from where I am - when it's clear and not snowing - but I need to get out the long lens to take pics as it's a bit over 60 km away, I'd say.

RubyK wrote: »
    I'm collecting my Dad, who has got a really bad back (that's why I'm driving his car, as it's easier to get in/out of). Can't tell him to get the bus :) I'm probably over thinking all this, I've driven this road 100's of times, I just seem to be getting more nervous the older I get :pac:

I’m sure that you’ll be getting the motorway there and back, so I wouldn’t worry. Just don’t forget to pay the toll!

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

All the snow just south of me, so upset

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭kittyn

TTLF wrote: »
    All the snow just south of me, so upset

I wouldn’t be getting too upset just yet ;)

Advertisement