Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Ciara - Reports/Chat/Non Technical

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Flying into Knock tomorrow about 1300. What are the odds of a divert or delay due to wind or snow?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Zzippy wrote: »
    Flying into Knock tomorrow about 1300. What are the odds of a divert or delay due to wind or snow?

I'd say 50:50 for one or the other.

EIKN AD WRNG 02 VALID 100300/101200 SNOW FBL 1 to 3 CM FCST=

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Wind has strengthened in the last maybe twenty minutes - Galway city

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

The wind here is stronger than it sounds; it has changed to direct west so sounds different. Just went outside the door to find somewhere safe to put the food dish down for the stray cat and was hard pressed to get back inside. Takes the breath away and is now whistling a merry tune. Bitterly. shockingly cold!

Calm enough heading for work, don’t see any election posters or anything down either which is surprising.

• Advertisement

In half an hour or so when there is light, I will venture out and scan the whole place for a single snowflake! sky, land, air, ocean !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Bright start in Dublin although breezy and a wind chill factor that would cut you in 2. Think we'll get lucky and avoid any snow falls but will feel cold all day

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

DellyBelly wrote: »
    ....wind chill factor that would cut you in 2.

I will second that! Was just putting out the bins. Jaysus! Would not fancy working outside today!

Graces7 wrote: »
    In half an hour or so when there is light, I will venture out and scan the whole place for a single snowflake! sky, land, air, ocean !

er… maybe later; cannot even open the ^^^^^^ door!

Cannot open the door just now....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

DellyBelly wrote: »
    Bright start in Dublin although breezy and a wind chill factor that would cut you in 2. Think we'll get lucky and avoid any snow falls but will feel cold all day

Not sure where you are but there’s a shower about to pass me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭harr

Very strong gusts and driving hail storm here now , absolutely miserable school run. Freezing out.
    Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Heavy hail grouple , snow shower Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭odonopenmic

Surprised to wake up to a covering of wet snow near Roundwood 312masl. I figured the showers wouldn't make it over so wasn't really anticipating anything until later today and overnight. More coming down too at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,853 ✭✭✭✭zell12

EQXhX3hU8AAPHZa.jpg
    _110832018_i.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Gizit

Big flakes falling in East Clare. Too light to settle though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Gizit wrote: »
    Big flakes falling in East Clare. Too light to settle though

Ground temps are bigger factor than flake size 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Ketron

Big snow flakes in north kilkenny, sticking on the ground too. Wasn't expecting anything until this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Thepillowman

Snow falling in East Clare getting heavier in the last few minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Gizit

Snow falling in East Clare getting heavier in the last few minutes

Huge flakes settling well now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭odonopenmic

This shower is producing a good bit. Slushy driveway is now totally covered.

Near Roundwood 312m asl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭Darwin

Snowing pretty heavily too in SW Laois, not settling

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭MetLuver

Heavy wet snow in greystones now, covering windows and settling on roof, slushy on the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

I know ye hate these types of posts, but please be patient with me :)

I've to drive from Waterford to Dublin airport for 7.00pm this evening, and then back to Waterford. Are the roads likely to be bad? I'm nervous enough driving to to Dublin when it's dark (yes that sounds ridiculous i know!) but I'll also be driving someone else car. So, would you think there will be icy/tricky conditions?

Thank you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

Dock Road in Limerick..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

Dock Road in Limerick..

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

Heavy snow in Limerick city the past half hour, seems to be sticking on roads even though they're wet. My car is completely covered.

RubyK wrote: »
    I know ye hate these types of posts, but please be patient with me :)

I've to drive from Waterford to Dublin airport for 7.00pm this evening, and then back to Waterford. Are the roads likely to be bad? I'm nervous enough driving to to Dublin when it's dark (yes that sounds ridiculous i know!) but I'll also be driving someone else car. So, would you think there will be icy/tricky conditions?

Thank you :)

Maybe check the AA road watching site? They used to be good at this kind of reporting.

All naked out here.. not a flake has fallen!Too cold I think. and the ocean is more disrumpled than have ever seen it. Fire lit, and next batch of chicken soup on the stove..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kopfan77

Dock Road in Limerick..

Biggest snowflakes I've seen in a long time - Ballysimon in Limerick - sticking like mad now

Advertisement