Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Ciara - Reports/Chat/Non Technical

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Tramore co Waterford
    9mMXJoT.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

We await the snow king Kermit for a thread.

Please! Shiny bright new thread for the white gold! YAY!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

YanSno wrote: »
    Squall making it way towards Dublin in the next 30mins expect heavy rain and gust of 100km.

Looks like it's arrived in north County Dublin, along with hail and thunder.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,826 ✭✭✭appledrop

YanSno wrote: »
    Squall making it way towards Dublin in the next 30mins expect heavy rain and gust of 100km.

Jesus I'm glad you warned us. It had turned sunny here in North County Dublin but was still very windy.

However in last two minutes it has become seriously stormy. Ferious winds accompanied by torrential hailstones + I think I heard a clap of thunder.

I'm not leaving the house today!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,871 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Squall arriving in Dublin 15 now, small trees bent well over, precip incoming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭venusdoom

Calm and dry here in South Donegal. This morning was windy but nothing too out of the ordinary. Still hoping for snow in the next few days, didn't reach us last week.

2pm in day + pitch dark here in house. Another squall here again.

My 3 year old asked me why the weather was so loud!

What’s this squall people keep mentioning?

What’s this squall people keep mentioning?

Sudden onset of fierce wind and heavy often sideways rain. ie not continuous as in a shower, and very violent.

I think that covers it? One minute there is calm and blue sky then POW! Then calm again and repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Some crack of thunder out there just now in Kilkenny town. I lost a big branch from a tree in the front garden this morning. ETA: And now the rain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Squall arriving in Dublin 15 now, small trees bent well over, precip incoming.

Same squall just hit Drumcondra. Vicious there for a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

I'm out near Mallow way and it's not bad at all. Bursts of wind, but nothing unusual at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

People online, asking someone what a word means just gets me every time.

Still getting some nice meaty gusts here.

People online, asking someone what a word means just gets me every time.

Still getting some nice meaty gusts here.

One is as easy as the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭TTLF
    save the trouble and jazz it up

Squall hit Dublin, wild out there lol

Graces7 wrote: »
    Sudden onset of fierce wind and heavy often sideways rain. ie not continuous as in a shower, and very violent.

I think that covers it? One minute there is calm and blue sky then POW! Then calm again and repeat.

Yep that's spot on Graces. Constant pattern here all day in North County Dublin.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Belmullet
    W5DCpbd.jpg

Listening to the tide, rhythmic on the stony shore just behind my home. A lovely peaceful sound. Quiet enough between squalls to listen to with pleasure.

• Advertisement

What a catastrophe; was that storm damage? Used that road a lot in my Kerry years

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Graces7 wrote: »

What a catastrophe; was that storm damage? Used that road a lot in my Kerry years

Yeah looks like the river had a part to play, think they were also clearing trees there recently , might have undermined the road a bit.

m17 wrote: »
    Belmullet
    W5DCpbd.jpg

Wow that's some picture. I hope the person taking it was in a safe spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Nice day today in Letterkenny with plenty of bright sunshine, storm Ciara, like most of these hyped-up named storms was a complete non-event around here

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/i/status/1226461776163766273

Across the water getting hit hard. Homes flooded and tower cranes collapsed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

thinking of the poor bastasds who have to use a ferry today, or has stabilisation technology come on leaps and bounds? its not often you see the Hollyhead ferries need tugboats

https://twitter.com/dave77737115/status/1226483118791700482

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭calgary bound

Meant to be going to Center Parcs tomorrow and they just put out a statement saying they might have to close tomorrow - would have devastated kids if thats the case. Anyone know if the weather is expected to turn that bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Quite worrying flooding now in Mountmellick. The Owenass is ready to burst, the surrounding fields have up to 1ft of water and the Portlaoise Rd at Irishtown is now compromised (outside the Fire Station of all places).
    If snow falls, it will add to the flood. If it falls heavily up on Slieve Bloom, it will be a Godsend as it will delay any extra flooding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

The Liffey around Lucan and Leixlip has broken its banks in a few places. Nothing too major yet but it’s still rising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,184 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

It was lovely afternoon in north Donegal a few hours back.

But just as it's starting to get dark the wind is whipping up again now.. is there a second spell of wind due?

Advertisement