Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gomo Exceptionally large bill for long call to Irish number

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Is there a direct debit option? Thought it was card payment only which is more time consuming to get refunded...further complicated by the fact that it's eir and exacerbated by gomo's poor customer support.

Direct debits can be easily reversed by the consumer.

Sorry, meant card payment.
    Does that work the same - is the payment fenced off once bill is issued?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Sorry, meant card payment. Does that work the same - is the payment fenced off once bill is issued?

Kind of, gomo would submit the transaction and if the funds are sufficient it gets pre authorised (ring fenced) and then processed by close of business (or maybe it's processed immediately). If the funds are insufficient to meet the transaction amount then the transaction fails. No idea if they retry later or not.

If the bill issues on 1st day of month, it more than likely doesn't matter when gomo submit the transaction request since there only needs to be sufficient funds on the 8th of the month.

With direct debits the bank will penalise insufficient funds, card payment insufficient funds are normally not penalised by the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Sorry to be really dense but can someone summarise what the €9.99 package covers? I had no problems until this month when I rang a Northern Ireland landline for just over an hour which cost €14+. Like an eejit, I assumed that calls to NI were part of the package. Technophobe that I am, I find their site very hard to find understandable rate information on. Thanks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Sorry to be really dense but can someone summarise what the €9.99 package covers? I had no problems until this month when I rang a Northern Ireland landline for just over an hour which cost €14+. Like an eejit, I assumed that calls to NI were part of the package. Technophobe that I am, I find their site very hard to find understandable rate information on. Thanks. :)

did you ring 004428 thats an international call. use 048 that may be included.

if its northern mobile its a uk international number

• Registered Users Posts: 17,327 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Del.Monte wrote: »

NI LL's are included but did you use the 048 prefix?

https://gomo.ie/wp-content/uploads/mobile_pt12.2-3.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

My policy with 3 is free 3 calls, free texts, unlimited internet for 20 a month, but any length of a phonecall outside this will eat the credit. Been stung a couple of times. I just stick to using Whatsapp only for voicecalls as they're free no matter where you're ringing.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

2ndcoming wrote: »
    My policy with 3 is free 3 calls, free texts, unlimited internet for 20 a month, but any length of a phonecall outside this will eat the credit. Been stung a couple of times. I just stick to using Whatsapp only for voicecalls as they're free no matter where you're ringing.

WhatsApp is only useful if the person you're contacting is on WhatsApp too though.

Yolla is very handy when you have to call a phone number. Rates are very cheap and you can pay for Yolla credit with Three credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Looptheloop30

Anybody else get charged for a call to the US that they did not engage in? Got a nice half hour call added to my bill that never happened and im being told that tough, its a valid call on their end as its linked to my sim.

Nobody had access to the phone at the time of the alleged call.

I didnt make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

I joined Go-Mo in November when they launched, taught it was a great deal €9.99 for everything. Not once did I actually get a €9.99 bill, it was always above it by alot. By March I left and went back to Tesco pre-pay. I haven't looked back. At least I know I only pay max €15 per month. No messing around.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭TheChizler

castle2012 wrote: »
    I joined Go-Mo in November when they launched, taught it was a great deal €9.99 for everything. Not once did I actually get a €9.99 bill, it was always above it by alot. By March I left and went back to Tesco pre-pay. I haven't looked back. At least I know I only pay max €15 per month. No messing around.
    Can I ask where the charges came from? I've been €9.99 every month except from when I had to ring an 1890 number one time.

• Advertisement

TheChizler wrote: »
    Can I ask where the charges came from? I've been €9.99 every month except from when I had to ring an 1890 number one time.

Tho shouldn't be charging you for 1890 numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭JTMan

fritzelly wrote: »
    Tho shouldn't be charging you for 1890 numbers

Depends if the 1890 number that the poster rang was before or after when the new regulations came in.

JTMan wrote: »
    Depends if the 1890 number that the poster rang was before or after when the new regulations came in.
    Twas before.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,463 ✭✭✭✭kippy

You're in the minority. When you checked your itemised bill what were the additional charges for?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

kippy wrote: »
    You're in the minority. When you checked your itemised bill what were the additional charges for?

This seems to happen alot, not just with GoMo, a local group had a guy giving out about all these additional charges, he blamed the phone company, the phone etc. Someone then asked, did you look at the bill to see what they were for? No, FFS. Mistakes can happen but I imagine more often than not, the user has missed something.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,463 ✭✭✭✭kippy

CramCycle wrote: »
    This seems to happen alot, not just with GoMo, a local group had a guy giving out about all these additional charges, he blamed the phone company, the phone etc. Someone then asked, did you look at the bill to see what they were for? No, FFS. Mistakes can happen but I imagine more often than not, the user has missed something.
    100 percent more often than not the user is an idiot.
    Not casting any aspersions on the posters on this or other thread mind. Just personal experience.

Every few months an angry relative threatens to leave whatever network they're with and gives out stink to the poor person in customer support, a quick scan of the bill invariably reveals a few +44 numbers.

Having given a stint in a call centre it's staggering the amount of people that don't actually read their bill. As soon as they see their bill is bigger than expected they call straight up and whinge. Then it takes no more than 30 seconds to see exactly why their bill is what it is.

"You made several calls to number x, all of which have lengthy duration."

"Oh sh*t, yeah, that's me cousin in Timbuktu."

*not in reference to any particular poster, just an overall observation*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

I can't see a reply from OP after 7th February - presume (s)he got sorted and that it was an error?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

kippy wrote: »

And deathly silence to that question...

• Advertisement

TheChizler wrote: »

Everytime I text people with iphones I was been charged 30 cent as an mms. Never happened with the previous network I was with before Gomo . Or the current network I'm with now.

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

Everytime I text people with iphones I was been charged 30 cent as an mms. Never happened with the previous network I was with before Gomo . Or the current network I'm with now.

What app are you using to text? Do you use an iPhone too?

Spocker wrote: »
    What app are you using to text? Do you use an iPhone too?

Just regular text messages. I have an android.

Disable mms in settings, things like smilies are sent as mms even when using shortcodes
    Also multi sms can be sent as a single mms

Some messaging apps automatically send texts over 160 characters as MMS, you'll be charged no matter what network if this happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jjwhitty

There are many ways to pay your bill with gomo and mine is not dd. ITS GOMO NOT EIR !

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

• Registered Users Posts: 28,930 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Do you not know that this thread is over 2.5 years old, and the OP presumably has his bill long sorted by now?!

(at least you'd hope he has.....)

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

Quite right, but where EIR is involved, nothing surprises me LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭thomas 123

It was sorted by Gomo support via email - it was an error and resolved quickly

Advertisement