Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gomo Exceptionally large bill for long call to Irish number

Options
  • 05-02-2020 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Hey all,

Anyone know why I was charged 200+ for an Irish phone call on Gomo, the phone call was to an Irish number that was in Ireland(so not roaming or anything).

Email sent to Gomo but will be waiting for a response.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Obviously without posting the full number, what prefix and duration was the call?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

Was it to a standard landline number or mobile? Or was it to a special prefix number?

How long was the "long call"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭thomas 123

thomas 123 wrote: »
    Hey all,

Anyone know why I was charged 200+ for an Irish phone call on Gomo, the phone call was to an Irish number that was in Ireland(so not roaming or anything).

Email sent to Gomo but will be waiting for a response.

1:16 h:m
    caller and recipient in Ireland.

Theory’s so far:
    - Mistake(hopefully and I hope to god)
    - WiFi calling maybe

I am at a loss to be honest.

Is there any other details such as rate per minute and if it's designated eg landline, mobile, international etc. Obviously 085 is an Irish mobile but is that what the bill indicates? Is it a number that you call regularly and are other calls to same number included as normal?

Wifi calling wouldn't have any affect on charges.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Is there any other details such as rate per minute and if it's designated eg landline, mobile, international etc. Obviously 085 is an Irish mobile but is that what the bill indicates? Is it a number that you call regularly and are other calls to same number included as normal?

Wifi calling wouldn't have any affect on charges.

No notes it’s in the same section as the rest of the calls and it’s Marked as 0.00 for the other call I can see.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Xwebstar

Why I'd never get a 12 euro/month contract ,get hit eith a bill for200

Prob a mistake anyhow

Xwebstar wrote: »

Prob a mistake anyhow

Fingers crossed. Lot of cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,564 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

1:16 h:m

just checking, it 085 and not 0085

just checking, it 085 and not 0085

100% 085

• Registered Users Posts: 68,145 ✭✭✭✭L1011

It isn't actually your own number is it? This may sound like an extremely stupid question but some premium rate services can appear like that

• Advertisement

L1011 wrote: »
    It isn't actually your own number is it? This may sound like an extremely stupid question but some premium rate services can appear like that

Thankfully not! no late night tv3 lines for me :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Prob a mistake anyhow

That's a silly comment. It has nothing to do with the contract. It's probably an error

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I thought you can't get a bill for more than 30?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Xwebstar

TheDriver wrote: »

It's Eir

U can get a bill for 30 billion

I will update as we go! Awaiting response from support who have apologized for the inconvenience and are looking into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

I will update as we go! Awaiting response from support who have apologized for the inconvenience and are looking into it.

Having experienced the clowns in customer care at Eir you will be waiting some time...... good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 16,967 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

TheDriver wrote:

I'm not sure but I thought that rule was only for data

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

That seems a fair enough policy. It is obviously a mess up by someone. The question is, how long till they fix it?

The OP could quote it, shouldn't get a bill over 39.99

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

It's Eir

U can get a bill for 30 billion
    :D:D

100% , still awaiting a response!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,930 ✭✭✭Tow

Have a look at their data roaming charges outside Europe! I have two sims for the kids and they have been warned.
    An hour of Netflix would bankrupt you.

BTW, I sent GoMo a query on turning off international data roaming and they never replied.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Garibaldi?

Can anyone tell me why I have managed to get my own sim working perfectlty yet cannot activate the one I got for my daughter in her phone. There is no previous account on the phone. Maybe we are doing something wrong. If the sim is faulty will I be charged for another one? They have already sent me a replacement for one that went astray and I was not charged for that. First bill was just 9.99. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Garibaldi?

its their policy to notify you once you reach €30 over and above the 9.99

Response so far:

”Hi, I'm waiting to hear back from management there is a few customers effected by the issue. The system will automatically adjust the payments before the money is taken from the account. If I have any update I will contact you.”

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Do you recognise the number? ie is it a number that you have actually called?

Do you recognise the number? ie is it a number that you have actually called?

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Response so far:

”Hi, I'm waiting to hear back from management there is a few customers effected by the issue. The system will automatically adjust the payments before the money is taken from the account. If I have any update I will contact you.”

I'd make sure with your bank if you can if they've pre-allocated the funds (the large amount) already.
    Isn't that the way DD's work once bill is issued?
    Cos if it gets taken out, eir are a bitch to deal with getting it back, in my experience.

• Advertisement

Isn't that the way DD's work once bill is issued?
    Cos if it gets taken out, eir are a bitch to deal with getting it back, in my experience.

Is there a direct debit option? Thought it was card payment only which is more time consuming to get refunded...further complicated by the fact that it's eir and exacerbated by gomo's poor customer support.

Direct debits can be easily reversed by the consumer.

Advertisement