Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

petes wrote: »
    2.1 on mine!

You got the update then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

https://youtu.be/xP1FLOTMNz8

I just thought I'd share this in case anyone wants to try it out. Basically activate battery saver while keeping 120hz on the display. I can't 100% confirm if it's made a noticeable difference to my battery life yet, but it does what it says on the tin. Perhaps a slight increase, but I only applied this on Wednesday evening and haven't had too many charges to test yet.

BTW I'm using S20 5G.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

bazzz wrote: »
    You got the update then.

Had the updates installed too, no problems since then anyway. Had a One UI update from Galaxy Store today too.

July updates rolling out in Korea yesterday, should be here shortly.

petes wrote: »
    2.1 on mine!
    rizzee wrote: »
    Had the updates installed too, no problems since then anyway. Had a One UI update from Galaxy Store today too.

July updates rolling out in Korea yesterday, should be here shortly.

I got a new FW update today with the July security patch. S20 Ultra

s20-ultra-update.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

What network?

• Advertisement

Got it there. S20 Plus on 48.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭jogdish

Is there something special about this update?

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

Still on the May update. S20 plus through Vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

jogdish wrote: »
    Is there something special about this update?

Don't think so, just says improved performance for the camera and security has been improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭jones

Got the same update on the + this morning. Camera improvements and july security update

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,955 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Got the update a few days ago on GoMo

What network?

Sim Free. Factory bought.

Thanks Sleeper12 you have just squeezed my finger on the trigger! Appreciate the reply.

Did you get it in the end? What is your verdict if you did?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Did you get it in the end? What is your verdict if you did?

Hey Sleeper12, yes I got it but only have it a week and a half now after ordering it direct from Samsung this day two weeks ago during a flash sale.
    I had unbelievable trouble trying to upgrade with Vodafone so I ended up with a sim only plan and buying direct. So far I'm really liking the phone. Camera is amazing and phone is really fast and the slightly larger screen is great.
    The battery is just about getting me a day (6am-11pm) which was one of my main reasons for changing.
    So far I'm really happy with it but still getting used to a lot of the features but thank you for the advice on getting it. Was definitely worth it.

Hey Sleeper12, yes I got it but only have it a week and a half now after ordering it direct from Samsung this day two weeks ago during a flash sale. I had unbelievable trouble trying to upgrade with Vodafone so I ended up with a sim only plan and buying direct. So far I'm really liking the phone. Camera is amazing and phone is really fast and the slightly larger screen is great. The battery is just about getting me a day (6am-11pm) which was one of my main reasons for changing. So far I'm really happy with it but still getting used to a lot of the features but thank you for the advice on getting it. Was definitely worth it.

I got a great deal on a korean version. 256gb storage and the Snapdragon chip. It's only single SIM and that's disappointing. Some basic features are locked out. I can't set up delivery reports & I have to move away from GoMo because they don't send texts to let you know that you have voicemail. They sent out a notification on the top of the screen & this feature is locked out too. It's still a brilliant phone imo. The fast wireless & super fast charging are a ga changer

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭unhappyBB

I got a great deal on a korean version. 256gb storage and the Snapdragon chip.

I was going to do the same but was afraid of what would be incompatible. Well done on the gamble, should be much faster than the Irish version too.
    Does it support all Irish frequency bands? Like can you get H+, 4G+, 5g?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Would have preferred the Snapdragon.

This isn't processor envy or anything but the Exynos is completely fine..for me.

I'm not too sure many users would know the slight difference in speed. Users that use processor heavy apps maybe.

unhappyBB wrote: »
    I was going to do the same but was afraid of what would be incompatible. Well done on the gamble, should be much faster than the Irish version too.
    Does it support all Irish frequency bands? Like can you get H+, 4G+, 5g?

Yes it supports them all. It is sim free but has U+ LG software. As I said in earlier post LG has disabled certain features like getting delivery notices on text messages & it's NOT a dual sim version. It does have Esim but Irish carriers don't use this feature. If it wasn't for the Snapdragon chip I would have been willing to pay more for the European version with dual sim. It's a great phone & I felt I got value for money coming from an S10 Plus. It's so far more advanced

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭td2008

Where did you get the snapdragon version if you don't mind me asking, eglobal?

td2008 wrote: »
    Where did you get the snapdragon version if you don't mind me asking, eglobal?

AmazonFrance but no longer listed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭peterofthebr

eglobal does seen to have good prices...
    Samsung Galaxy S20+ G9860 12GB/128GB Dual Sim Unlocked 5G - Cosmic Grey for - €727.99...as this is G9860 i dont think it will work in ireland - that correct?

OR
    Samsung Galaxy S20+ G985 8GB/128GB Dual Sim - Cosmic Black for -€639.99...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭Barr

I got a great deal on a korean version. 256gb storage and the Snapdragon chip. It's only single SIM and that's disappointing. Some basic features are locked out. I can't set up delivery reports & I have to move away from GoMo because they don't send texts to let you know that you have voicemail. They sent out a notification on the top of the screen & this feature is locked out too. It's still a brilliant phone imo. The fast wireless & super fast charging are a ga changer

Does that version have expandable storage ?

Barr wrote:
    Does that version have expandable storage ?

Yes. Micro sd card up to 1tb I think. But not a hybrid sim. Regular sim and Esim. Esim is useless in Ireland for the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭LasersGoPewPew

eglobal does seen to have good prices...
    Samsung Galaxy S20+ G9860 12GB/128GB Dual Sim Unlocked 5G - Cosmic Grey for - €727.99...as this is G9860 i dont think it will work in ireland - that correct?

OR
    Samsung Galaxy S20+ G985 8GB/128GB Dual Sim - Cosmic Black for -€639.99...

The snapdragon version will work in Ireland. My friend has a s10+ snapdragon and it works perfectly. The reason why samsung currently sells snapdragon to the US market and exynos elsewhere is due to licencing agreements with Qualcomm.

Got the attached for €6.70c delivered from eBay. Took less than 3 weeks. Decent quality and is raised on all 4 sides! Have another colour on the way too.

The snapdragon version will work in Ireland. My friend has a s10+ snapdragon and it works perfectly. The reason why samsung currently sells snapdragon to the US market and exynos elsewhere is due to licencing agreements with Qualcomm.

DSoesn't every phone work in every country nowadays though? I mean Even a budget tesco phone will work in the US etc wont it?

Yes. Micro sd card up to 1tb I think. But not a hybrid sim. Regular sim and Esim. Esim is useless in Ireland for the moment

Interesting , never new there was another variant . I assumed they were all dual sim , even the snapdragon one.

rizzee wrote: »
    Got the attached for €6.70c delivered from eBay. Took less than 3 weeks. Decent quality and is raised on all 4 sides! Have another colour on the way too.

Cheap as chips ... do you have a link .

Barr wrote:
    Interesting , never new there was another variant . I assumed they were all dual sim , even the snapdragon one.

So did I. Imagine my surprise when I tried to fit 2nd sim :(

• Advertisement

Barr wrote: »
    Cheap as chips ... do you have a link .

Sure.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184233722743

Just realised the logo is centred in the photos compared to the one I got (down the bottom). Can't complain at that price.

Advertisement