Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4k Fire TV stick - PLEASE READ OP BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭bromley52

TheDriver wrote: »
    Yes but you need mouse toggle. It's a fairly crap app on the firestick
    Search for Set Orientation apk. It will fix the screen stretch.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,822 ✭✭✭✭muffler

A lot of the threads on specific bargains end up as a discussion on matters relating to the use of that particular bargain. Depending on the matter at hand it helps sometimes to just continue on and other times it would be best if there was a dedicated thread for discussion.

On this specific topic of the Fire TV stick my own view is that there should be a separate thread for discussion and such thread would need to be in another forum. Any posts about the original bargain after the first post should be in relation to pricing only.

The reason I say all that is because the Fire stick only becomes an offer about 4 or 5 times a year and once the offer goes then the thread should be marked expired and locked. A new thread can then be opened for the next time the price of it drops. If and when threads would be closed the mods could either post a link to the discussion in either the first or last posts of the thread.

Damned annoying to have to read through a number of posts to see if there has been another price drop or not.

Thats my 2 cents worth. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Anyone notice the rte player on this is buffering all the time now?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

looking to order one off amazon and wont ship.. ( the regular one not 4k ) anyway round it instead of parcel motel. tried .es it and de

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

looking to order one off amazon and wont ship.. ( the regular one not 4k ) anyway round it instead of parcel motel. tried .es it and de

Just parcel Motel unless you pay whatever Currys.ie are selling it for.

• Advertisement

yea 35 in currys is a down too .. but i wanted it for 25 :) dont need it but its more stable than the other box i have..

just weird that they wont sell it...fire tabs sell alright

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kenyard

just weird that they wont sell it...fire tabs sell alright

Firetabs have books and distribution rights in ireland.
    The firesticks didn't have video rights in ireland which is what Amazon were selling them for.
    I reckon originally people were buying and returning.
    They have the agreement with eir now that the Amazon originals work and you can rent stuff here so they should be shipping them tbh.
    If you ask they might update it.
    Currently the only way is parcel motel or similar

got onto their support on the app chat. they said due to restrictions they werent shipping to Ireland
    maybe stocks are low so they are looking after uk market first....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,397 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

got onto their support on the app chat. they said due to restrictions they werent shipping to Ireland
    maybe stocks are low so they are looking after uk market first....
    They've never shipped to ROI. Even US has lot more functionality than UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

JimmyVik wrote: »

Relatively new to running it on Firestick, but yes noticing it this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

JimmyVik wrote: »

Has never worked properly for me on it.. 3 months or so that I have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kenyard

MorganIRL wrote: »
    Has never worked properly for me on it.. 3 months or so that I have it.

Welcome to rte player. We allow you watch ads without encryption. We encrypt rte shows so they struggle to play on anything, and the minute they fail you have to restart and watch ads again.
    It's led to a massive increase in media piracy in Ireland because it's the only way to watch stuff.
    We pay the licence to develop it and own it as a country I guess...
    It's a pity because they have so much potential...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

£24.99 for the non 4k on Amazon today.

Marhay70 wrote: »
    £24.99 for the non 4k on Amazon today.

Not worth the saving over possible 4k stick price. I got 4k for 25 last year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

I haven't seen any mention on this thread that the regular one is out of stock. Is it just me so?
    The last few days Amazon have been showing the regular firestick out of stock, although it's currently showing at £24.99 alright

On the main description it says "In stock on June 13, 2020."

firtv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    I haven't seen any mention on this thread that the regular one is out of stock. Is it just me so?
    The last few days Amazon have been showing the regular firestick out of stock, although it's currently showing at £24.99 alright

On the main description it says "In stock on June 13, 2020."

firtv.jpg

I got mine with free postage to parcel motel from curry’s eBay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Thanks. I think I'll try that route so.
    Not bothered with the 4K for now as I don't have a 4K tv and also, I just want to try out a firestick first and see what I think of the interface.

{EDIT}Looks like they are out of stock also. Only have the 4k version listed{/EDIT}

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Not bothered with the 4K for now as I don't have a 4K tv and also, I just want to try out a firestick first and see what I think of the interface.

That’s why I got it and wanted to see it working and what available

• Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

{EDIT}Looks like they are out of stock also. Only have the 4k version listed{/EDIT}

There's much more to the 4K stick than 4K. The title is misleading. It's the latest generation so it will be supported for the longest amount of years compared to the HD version. They no longer support first generation. It is faster & smoother. For the tiny price difference you get a far superior stick. 4K is just a bonus imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

For anyone on the fence, these are fantastic. They've revolutionized my TV viewing. You can use them for the following:

Netflix
    Prime Video
    BBC iPlayer
    Channel 4 player
    Channel 5 player
    ITV player
    YouTube

Obviously some of the above will require a VPN to access but that's easy to setup and use. I haven't used my Chromecast in a very long time.

Can you get those players ch4 &ch5 ? If you need vpn could you recommend one thanks

• Advertisement

Can you get those players ch4 &ch5 ? If you need vpn could you recommend one thanks

People use different ones. I use VPN unlimited, theres a thread in BA about it. Works for US too. You don't need VPN for All4, only ITV, BBC, UKTV play and C5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

People use different ones. I use VPN unlimited, theres a thread in BA about it. Works for US too. You don't need VPN for All4, only ITV, BBC, UKTV play and C5

Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Does vpn unlimited work direct on the box or are ya changing router settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

[...] vpn unlimited work direct on the box [...]
    ^^This.^^ :)

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭kaerobe

Does vpn unlimited work direct on the box or are ya changing router settings?

Look a few pages back for VPN and app recommendations.
    I used ExpressVPN as it has a great app for firestick that connects automatically and allows you to choose location. Can have 5 devices connected at same time. No issues with any apps or players so far as per older posts on this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Mine arrived today ... not the 4K one, just the regular one. Don’t want to derail the thread too much but is this worth getting
    https://stacksocial.com/sales/vpn-unlimited-lifetime-subscription
    ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

twirlagig wrote: »
    Mine arrived today ... not the 4K one, just the regular one. Don’t want to derail the thread too much but is this worth getting
    https://stacksocial.com/sales/vpn-unlimited-lifetime-subscription
    ?

As Techocentral in this thread pointed out

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058029427

Use code VPNUMAY15 to get it for $15 - real good value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

How much is the 4K currently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

coldfire1x wrote: »
    As Techocentral in this thread pointed out

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058029427

Use code VPNUMAY15 to get it for $15 - real good value.

Keeps asking me for a valid address?

Meant to add... using Revolut - is this the problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

twirlagig wrote: »
    Keeps asking me for a valid address?

Meant to add... using Revolut - is this the problem?

Use paypal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement