Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knock/Eirtrade thread

Options
1242526272830»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

It's slightly more at 228 metres longer/748 feet.

Pretty certain 16/34 can only handle departing A330-200 with PAX at MTOW (or A330-300 ferrying with a reduced MTOW perhaps - no passengers, no cargo, less fuel etc.), but not A330-300 with PAX at full MTOW, though I could be wrong, have seen crosswind departures where traffic including the 200s was using 16 for departures but the 300s still used 10R/28L during the same period of 16 usage.

The extra 228 metres at Knock obviously makes a bit of a difference however as 747s are cleared from Knock with PAX, something 16/34 can't handle.

Probably worth nothing that it's not just the runway lenght and MTOW which dictates which aircraft can use it, but also the ambient temperature, climb restrictions etc.

Post edited by GM228 on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

In relation to runway 16 at Dublin, the departures from which overfly my house, I can say that I have seen A330-300s using this runway on many occasions, to destinations in the USA - admittedly this tends to be when the winds are strong and from the south.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

it also depends on pavement strength for a fully loaded 330-300 and a wide enough turning circle at either end.

I was under the impression that an A330-300 at MTOW was just outside the TORA and TODA/ASDA limits of 16/34, possibly 2500 for the TODA IIRC.

TORA/TODA/ASDA of 16 and 34 is 2072/2255/2072 and 2072/2133/2072 metres respectively, anyone got up to date figures for the A330-300?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Nibs05

Have they started on EI-LAX yet, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Ya they have been working on her the last while

Whatever happened their plans to scrap more A380s (2 or 3 was it?) at Knock?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Virgin Atlantic A330 due in for scrap around 1 30 today from London Heathrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Board Walker

I wonder would they sell a cut out of Fearless Lady :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭hopeso

F-HPJD which was scheduled to be the next A380 to arrive at Knock has left Paris, where it was stored since been withdrawn 2 years ago, and is on it's way to Tarbes in the south of France. I think they dismantle aircraft there, so that's probably one less for Knock?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

HPJB was the AF A380 that came to knock.

I see HPJC is stored at Tarbes or at least was stored there. Perhaps HPJD is just going for storage too. Could both turn up in knock yet.

Maybe the people who own these things are holding fire. Maybe post covid air travel will be an entirely different world more suited to larger aircraft flying main hub to main hub.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

They do aircraft dismantling in Tarbes too, there would be no need to send it to Knock for that. See

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭john boye

What if they got a much better deal from Knock?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

• Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Advertisement