Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amber Heard admits to beating up Johnny Depp

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

I heard she bet him to a pulp -

excuse me I just had dinner. A pulp fiction role, but they abandoned the project.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Was that towards my post?

No to Perma Bears response to Lily. I think Lily is a bloke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

anewme wrote: »

My response doesn't make any assumption about the gender of that poster... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

#cancelamberheard

My response doesn't make any assumption about the gender of that poster... :confused:

No you didn't and I wasn't blaming you on doing so.

It was more of an observation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Sarcozies wrote: »
    NgqKJ3Y.png

Tell me about how funding, number of shelters available and general attitude towards male/female victims are proportionate to the number of actual victims and I'll call you a liar.

We need to do much better.

Tell that to Australia , that’s not an Irish ad...

It’s pretty sad that you and afew other posters here turn to insults as soon as someone says some different to what you have to say....do ya do that to your partner when they disagree with u? God is your real name Amber!?

Wibbs wrote: »
    Worse when one considers that there are shelters in nearly every US state for the pets of abused women.

The dogs Trust Freedom project in the UK is a fantastic initiative running now over 15 years.

https://www.dogstrust.org.uk/help-advice/hope-project-freedom-project/freedom-project

It seems abusing / killing pets is a common tactic of domestic abusers if you read the stats.

At the end of the webpage , you will see links for women, men and LGBT people.

And that's the way it should be.

LillySV wrote: »
    It’s pretty sad that you and afew other posters here turn to insults as soon as someone says some different to what you have to say....do ya do that to your partner when they disagree with u? God is your real name Amber!?

I'll quote your own words back to you.

"Im mortified that there’s so many soft little men out there moaning and spending too much time going on about their feelings ..'

Take your own advice and toughen up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

The dogs Trust Freedom project in the UK is a fantastic initiative running now over 15 years.

https://www.dogstrust.org.uk/help-advice/hope-project-freedom-project/freedom-project

It seems abusing / killing pets is a common tactic of domestic abusers if you read the stats.

Yeah, I took part in that programme when I lived in the UK. Actually, I’m not sure it was Dog’s Trust but it was the same idea. Families can’t all take their pets to shelters. It would be pandemonium. I’ve brought this up on boards.ie before and it didn’t go well for me to admit it. It just seemed like a logical thing to volunteer for. I’m not equipped to help domestic violence victims but I can damn well look after pets. Taking part in this scheme wasn’t thumbing my nose at male domestic abuse victims, it was using the skills I have to help. It was a need that was fulfilled by volunteers who might not be equipped to start a domestic violence shelter for men. I don’t know why both things can’t exist.

• Advertisement

I'll quote your own words back to you.

"Im mortified that there’s so many soft little men out there moaning and spending too much time going on about their feelings ..'

Take your own advice and toughen up.

Sorry did I insult or attack a poster at any stage? No... people who resort to that are bullies ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

I dunno, I feel bad for saying this but she kind of looks like a woman who is with a man but doesn't actually like men. God, it's awful but I feel like I've seen women like her a lot and I think they get unhappy and vindictive.

I look at her and I see someone hot, but there be sharks boys.
    Wha?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭creditcarder

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Wha?

You missed a T.

She looks like a woman who has issues with men but still marries one. I'm not entirely sure what else there is to say?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Indeed and it's a good thing, but the point you seem to want to miss is the fact that there are significantly more rescue centres and support, social and actual for the pets of the abused than for abused men. That was my point.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Indeed and it's a good thing, but the point you seem to want to miss is the fact that there are significantly more rescue centres and support, social and actual for the pets of the abused than for abused men. That was my point.

That’s because people were like “Oh shit, what do we do with the pets? Let’s find some pet fosterers”. For every shelter, there’s going to be the pet issue. So naturally there’ll be a lot of related pet fostering services. The people who foster pets are not necessarily equipped to set up men’s shelters. They’re just offering help in an area in which they have experience, like many volunteers. I don’t see the link at all. If more men’s shelters are opened, then the pet fostering services will likely expand too because more hands will be needed. I’ve volunteered as a pet fosterer for shelters as I had experience I could offer. I have no experience with any kind of domestic violence volunteering. I could learn but with a busy day job, I wanted volunteering that I could just do.

The tone of that post and using italics reads as condescending which is a bit disappointing. I was trying to show something positive, inclusive and closer to home. Your post referenced pets of abused women only.

I'm fully behind supporting an inclusive approach to all impacted by domestic violence be they men, women, lgbt, children or pets, here in Ireland. America is outside my remit.

I dont believe in pitching one side against the other on this topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

It's not bizarre at all. It reflects the prevailing assumption that men are the perpetrators and women the victims of domestic abuse.

This assumption is incredibly damaging to innocent men with claims by women of being victims of domestic violence being widely accepted by Judges and juries even when there is little to no evidence.

It has made it quite difficult to prosecute a female that has killed her male spouse/partner of murder unless there's overwhelming evidence.

The normal course of action is for the defendant to plead not guilty and claim self defence, abusive partner etc. They're then found guilty of manslaughter but not murder and sentenced to as little as three years.

This further skews domestic violence/murder statistics.

Fictitious claims of domestic violence are unfortunately a commonly used tactic in family law too. Safety orders, protection orders and barring orders are used to manipulate Judges' decisions and to force the male to vacate the family home.

There have been a number of these types of manslaughter cases in Ireland. Norma Philips stabbed her boyfriend in the heart and claimed a man ran in off the street and stabbed him. She later changed her story, in the garda station after she is told that he has died, to self defence claiming that he pulled a knife on her.
    She was sentenced to three and a half years.

There have also been a few profile cases abroad in recent years involving Irish citizens. The Jason Corbett case was particularly harrowing, murdered while sleeping by his wife and she claimed self defence.

David Walsh was murdered by his fiancé Tina Cahill in Sydney in 2017. The judge accepted her claim of self defence against her "abusive partner" when sentencing even though she was previously convicted of attacking him with a knife after he insulted her family and on another occasion convicted of domestic violence against him and ordered to undergo domestic violence rehabilitation.

My post isn’t an attempt to diminish genuine claims of domestic violence against women, I’m very aware that it occurs far too frequently. I’m highlighting that the assumption that it is only perpetrated by men is false but society has been conditioned to think this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭I see sheep

And this is why men feel compelled to say nothing when impacted by domestic abuse.

I don't think you understand, she's a feckin ride

I don't think you understand, she's a feckin ride

So?

The lack of understanding is on your side.

Thankfully your outdated attitude
    Is not reflected by many people here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭I see sheep

So?

The lack of understanding is on your side.

Thankfully your outdated attitude
    Is not reflected by many people here.

I'd take a beating to ride that rollercoaster baby

• Advertisement

I'd take a beating to ride that rollercoaster baby

Move it over dad cos I'm a double-dipper
    Upside down on the zip-zip-zipper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

LillySV wrote:
    Sorry did I insult or attack a poster at any stage? No... people who resort to that are bullies ...

It is absolutely not bullying to call out your disgusting attitude for what it is.

The fact that you think it is speaks volumes.

You think that telling vast swathes of people who you know zero about their situation to man up is perfectly acceptable, yet you call it bullying when people rightly tell you that your outlook is appalling and that it reflects badly on you.

Victimhood complex is only acceptable for you it seems, everyone else is a "snowflake" who needs to grow a pair.

Brutal taste in fairness, I wouldn’t touch her with a bargepole.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭worded

My toughest fight was with my first wife.
    Muhammad Ali

If it weren’t for marriage, husband and wives would have to fight with strangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

Never heard of Amber Heard so looked her up.

Born 22 April = Taurus = A C**t.

dd973 wrote: »
    Never heard of Amber Heard so looked her up.

Born 22 April = Taurus = A C**t.

Well that’s fairly definitive. The stars were aligned!

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

Bobblehats wrote: »
    Well that’s fairly definitive. The stars were aligned!

The amount of them who are c**ts is uncanny, think of all the c**ts you've known and met and their birthday's will correlate if you find them out.

The amount of them who are c**ts is uncanny, think of all the c**ts you've known and met and their birthday's will correlate if you find them out.

Taurus, the ruin of many a man

You missed a T.

She looks like a woman who has issues with men but still marries one. I'm not entirely sure what else there is to say?
    But how does she look like a woman who has issues with men?

• Advertisement

Bobblehats wrote: »
    Taurus, the ruin of many a man
    :(

On the cusp of Gemini though.

Advertisement