Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

eagle eye wrote: »
    They were set up to thrive years ago, you are misinformed if you are putting that on Obama or Busch Jr. either.

Obama was happy to act the perfect puppet, reading speechs from teleprompters prepared by his handlers while the country deteriorated. Trump renegotiated trade agreements to stop the rot and the country was booming before this virus was unleashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Obama was happy to act the perfect puppet, reading speechs from teleprompters prepared by his handlers while the country deteriorated. Trump renegotiated trade agreements to stop the rot and the country was booming before this virus was unleashed.

Do you actually believe Trump negotiated anything personally?

As for teleprompter? You can always tell when Trump is following a teleprompter because he talks sense, the moment he deviates from that he spouts pure shutter.

Who do you believe his handlers are? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Who do you believe his handlers are? :rolleyes:

Putin. What has he ever said or done to upset him? But he has alienated every other country except those who are almost as obnoxious as himself, such as Bolsonaro.
    The mask has slipped from the looney Jesus-freaks. For them Mammon trumps morality. That should come as no surprise, given so many of their antecedents were bible-thumping slave owners. Change comes slowly to "men of god."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,229 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Also incase the Friday night release was missed with other events,

“These track exactly with Flynn’s plea deal. He lied to the FBI about his sanctions discussions with Kislyak, and he lied about the discussion on the UN vote,” Moss wrote. “He lied. Repeatedly. These documents are not exculpatory for Flynn. They reiterate his guilt for violating 18 USC 1001.”

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/this-is-exactly-what-collusion-looks-like-attorneys-say-declassified-flynn-kislyak-transcript-confirm-flynns-guilt/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,982 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Pointless discussing this with someone so clueless.
    I'm on neither side by the way. I'm a huge fan of Obama the man but didn't think he did a good job as POTUS.
    Trump is by far the worst ever thought. And he has no savingbgraces either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Trump really rallying his base ahead of the election

Tough on crime, tough on blacks, tough on China.

Increasing his isolationary vision.

He knows what he is doing but it truly us disgusting

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Trump definitely comes across as being completely in charge of his mental faculties................

If the best defence a Republican can make is that Trump is "misremembering" something, maybe hes having issues. A delusion carrying on for years would be worrying if it was someone like , say, Joe Biden, im sure.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-michigan-man-of-the-year-award-actually-gettysburg-address-2019-8?r=US&IR=T

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5udgalJ-GwU (relevant part starts about 4 mins but its all good, unless of course, youre the person that pointing out issues with Trump leads you to attack the person pointing it out)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Trump does need to be tougher on China, the strategy we have used with them over the last few decades hasn't worked. They still process millions of their citizens in internment camps as well as process the organs of ideologies they don't agree with.

Just look at Hong Kong, they do not want to live in fear, they used to be a bastion of democracy and freedom.

I would hope just because people hate Trump, it doesn't form their opinion about China. Argentina and Spain have prosecuted top Chinese officials in recent times for crimes against humanity.

A recent vote in China came with this result:

2878 votes in favour 1 vote against. 6 abstained. Imagine it had been 2879: 0 people would say it was a sham.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQEU7KgT63jkRzUfj7FI4IZH9U-tYy_-YD-u2eRlryMZlVpgPqB&s

• Registered Users Posts: 12,188 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

He couldn't care less about Hong Kong. Once you realise that he's incredibly short sighted and only cares about himself some of his actions start to make more sense.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,176 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Apparently, Trump is having a tantrum because Angela Merkel has cited concerns over the Coronavirus as the reason for her declination of an invitation to a G7 summit in the US next month:

https://www.businessinsider.com/angela-merkel-rebuffs-trumps-g7-summit-invitation-due-to-coronavirus-2020-5?r=US&IR=T

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Madeleine Birchfield

The Healey Raes would make better American presidents than any of the main options available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Apparently, Trump is having a tantrum because Angela Merkel has cited concerns over the Coronavirus as the reason for her declination of an invitation to a G7 summit in the US next month:

https://www.businessinsider.com/angela-merkel-rebuffs-trumps-g7-summit-invitation-due-to-coronavirus-2020-5?r=US&IR=T

Merkel is right to decline until they sort their **** out.

Rioting in a badly mismanaged pandemic, can you imagine the spike next month?

Only a matter of time before a twitter tirade about Merkel so. If anything, the buffoon is predicatble.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Hopefully the other 5 are sensible enough to follow her lead. Can you imagine what the toddler's tantrum would be like then.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,188 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Great presser last night. Violent race riots engulfing the country, 100,000+ dead from a pandemic that isn't under control, 40 million unemployed and what does he do? Another pot shot at China. But yeah, Biden's not fit to govern :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Madeleine Birchfield

MadYaker wrote: »
    Great presser last night. Violent race riots engulfing the country, 100,000+ dead from a pandemic that isn't under control, 40 million unemployed and what does he do? Another pot shot at China. But yeah, Biden's not fit to govern :pac:

The riots aren't even racial. I see plenty of non-black people in the riots.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,614 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Hopefully the other 5 are sensible enough to follow her lead. Can you imagine what the toddler's tantrum would be like then.

Trump has no credibility.

They will all pull out, just need the excuse and they have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭trashcan

The Healey Raes would make better American presidents than any of the main options available.

Even Danny :eek:

(Edit, not really. If there's one man who could make Trump seem almost competent and sane it's DHR. Michael is another kettle of fish I think and is actually quite shrewd. The phrase cute hoor could have been invented for him.)

I've no affiliation to the Healy-Raes and I'm not from nor have anything to to do with Kerry but I'd have any of them ahead of Varadkar and co. too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,294 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

MadYaker wrote: »

Trump isn't even credible as a human, never mind as a "leader". He's unable to adapt to a world where he can't get everything he wants, just like a badly-parented child. His conduct during this crisis has been even more disgraceful than it was in the previous 3 years of his presidency. He just keeps going to new depths and it's only going to get uglier as November approaches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,368 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

I've no affiliation to the Healy-Raes and I'm not from nor have anything to to do with Kerry but I'd have any of them ahead of Varadkar and co. too.

Then you don't know anything about the Healy-Raes. And before you come back and say you do, you don't.

Then you don't know anything about the Healy-Raes. And before you come back and say you do, you don't.
    I don't need to, I know enough about Varadkar and co. to know it's not possible for them to be as bad.

I don't need to, I know enough about Varadkar and co. to know it's not possible for them to be as bad.

Go and watch Michael Healy Rae's performance in the Oireachtas hearing into John Delaney and the FAI last year and you might change your mind on that.

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Go and watch Michael Healy Rae's performance in the Oireachtas hearing into John Delaney and the FAI last year and you might change your mind on that.

In fact, the Healy-Raes are more Trumpian than Trump. Here's Danny in the Dáil during a debate on climate change:

"God above is in charge of the weather and we here can’t do anything about it. I'm basing my views on facts. The facts are there and history proves it. We had the Ice Age. We had Noah's Ark. We had all those stories. We've proof of the Famine in 1740, which was caused by two years of incessant rain. There were some centuries when the country was very hot and then there were different centuries with so much rain and cold. So, those are facts,"

In fact, the Healy-Raes are more Trumpian than Trump. Here's Danny in the Dáil during a debate on climate change:

"God above is in charge of the weather and we here can’t do anything about it. I'm basing my views on facts. The facts are there and history proves it. We had the Ice Age. We had Noah's Ark. We had all those stories. We've proof of the Famine in 1740, which was caused by two years of incessant rain. There were some centuries when the country was very hot and then there were different centuries with so much rain and cold. So, those are facts,"

They are basically used car salesmen. Spouting nonsense in a sort of entertaining and lovable way can work wonders, it seems.

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    They are basically used car salesmen. Spouting nonsense in a sort of entertaining and lovable way can work wonders, it seems.

I often think that Trump is using the Healy-Rae playbook. In reality, neither Trump or the Healy-Raes are lovable.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I wonder what the Republican spin factory on this thread will have to say about this

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/US/lake-ozarks-memorial-day-partygoer-tests-positive-covid/story%3fid=70968298
    "Camden County Health Department has been notified of a Boone County resident who has tested positive for COVID-19 after being in the Lake area on May 23 and 24," according to a statement issued on Friday.

Over the holiday weekend, photographs and videos were posted on social media that showed dozens of people in public pools and inside businesses not practicing social distancing or wearing masks or gloves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

This carnage comes at a good time for Trump. Two episodes into the Epstein documentary and I can't help thinking given they were such close friends, there is a lot more to this story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭kyote00

Trump on TV now blaming 'radical left' for the riots....

expect mayhem tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Anyone else read that in a thick-tongued Kerry accent or just me?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement