Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

Hazel774 wrote: »
    I'm not doing tort this sitting, so I'm not 100%, but maybe:
    Children - just have 1-2 cases
    Concurrent wrongdoers - just know the basic rules
    Animals - just the basic rules (or leave it out)

Tort in August (physical sitting) was:
    Res Ipsa (essay)
    Causation/Trespass/ Nuisance/RvF/ Fire PQ
    Trespass to the person (Intentional Infliction of Emotional harm)
    Passing Off
    Defamation
    Liability for Defective Products
    PQ involving Negligence (DOC/ SOC/ Causation/ Remoteness) and Liability for children
    Limitation Periods (essay)

Thank you so much for that.I might leave out passing off and trespass to the person then!

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

anybody got a tort sample answer with a good ILAC structure, please?

I think I have some done up (just ones I did myself) I can email them to you 2mro, I'm not opening my laptop tonight:)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭jjjjjop

Does any kind soul have what came up in the march 2020 paper for equity please? And does anyone have any predictions for equity... only starting study now so need to cut out stuff!!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭CoconutHeadMia

Has anybody heard anything about showing our desk/room before we start?

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Creol1

Fe123 wrote: »
    How do property rights play into it? Never would have thought that despite studying the chapter :(

In Re Article 26 and the Health (Amendment)(No 2) Bill 2004 the proposed legislation was held by the Supreme Court to be unconstitutional as preventing potential plaintiffs from suing to recover money was an unjust attack on property rights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 baloo21

Fe123 wrote: »
    How do property rights play into it? Never would have thought that despite studying the chapter :(
    Creol1 wrote: »
    In Re Article 26 and the Health (Amendment)(No 2) Bill 2004 the proposed legislation was held by the Supreme Court to be unconstitutional as preventing potential plaintiffs from suing to recover money was an unjust attack on property rights.

Yes, as above. Also just a general tip that any time a question involves someone's money it's useful to look at property rights. Is it a proportionate restriction? Might even come in as a very small part of a problem q.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 FE1Pleb

For criminal what procedural questions came up in March? and what are people focussing on this time round?
    The syllabus is absolutely massive - starting to panic. Thanks

FE1Pleb wrote: »
    For criminal what procedural questions came up in March? and what are people focussing on this time round?

Pres. of innocence
    Arrest
    Bail
    Court jurisdiction

baloo21 wrote: »

Pres. of innocence
    Arrest
    Bail
    Court jurisdiction

Thanks a million.
    That's what you're focussing on or what came up?

Thanks a million.
    That's what you're focussing on or what came up?

Sorry, should have specified! That came up last round. I have the paper if you want to dm me your email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭DFMCD190384

jjjjjop wrote: »
    Does any kind soul have what came up in the march 2020 paper for equity please? And does anyone have any predictions for equity... only starting study now so need to cut out stuff!!

I have a photo of the paper that I can send you.

I'd love to know what people are covering for Equity also

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭APower79

I’m panicking too. Silly question and shouldn’t be in this position but is there anything that could be left out?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Fe1new4

Anyone have any tips on what could be cut from due process in constitutional? Don’t want to leave it out completely but it’s huge!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Dropin

Hey, if anyone doing EU this sitting or any EU enthusiasts in general wouldn't mind providing a quick steer it would be much appreciated.

The following is what I am covering and my question basically is; do I have enough done to leave out Free Movement of workers/EU Citizenship? I understand its a personal preference kinda question but if anyone feels that its a no go then I would be eternally grateful to hear.

Covered:
    Institutions (general essay)
    Sources of EU Law
    Direct Effect/State Liability
    Judicial Review
    Free movement of Goods
    Competition Law

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭CoconutHeadMia

Criminal
    Between the significance of a wrongdoing being a crime, the characteristics of a crime and the classification of a crime, is there anything that could be left out?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Lawlaw12

Dropin wrote: »
    Hey, if anyone doing EU this sitting or any EU enthusiasts in general wouldn't mind providing a quick steer it would be much appreciated.

The following is what I am covering and my question basically is; do I have enough done to leave out Free Movement of workers/EU Citizenship? I understand its a personal preference kinda question but if anyone feels that its a no go then I would be eternally grateful to hear.

Covered:
    Sources of EU Law
    Judicial Review
    Free movement of Goods
    Competition Law

Thanks in advance!

I did it in August and I left out workers/ citizenship.
    As far as I can remember I did the exact same as what you have there, but I also added general principles.
    That's what I remember off the top of my head, but August feels like a lifetime ago now so maybe someone else can weigh in too

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Aoibhin511

Dropin wrote: »

Covered:
    Sources of EU Law
    Judicial Review
    Free movement of Goods
    Competition Law

Thanks in advance!

I think the 50/50 topics, like workers and citizenship are going to be hard to be really hard to predict this time since this is the 4th paper the examiner will have set this year. Sources really isn't that popular with this examiner.
    You most likely have 4 questions there in this 6, but you might struggle to get a 5th if an essay on institutions of JR throws a curveball.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Jeremiah25

What are we covering for constitutional my good people? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Hazel774

Aoibhin511 wrote: »
    I think the 50/50 topics, like workers and citizenship are going to be hard to be really hard to predict this time since this is the 4th paper the examiner will have set this year. Sources really isn't that popular with this examiner.
    You most likely have 4 questions there in this 6, but you might struggle to get a 5th if an essay on institutions of JR throws a curveball.

I did a prep course and the lecturer pointed out that for JR the Q is always the same, it's always on the difficulty with direct and individual concern (and then you should also discuss the change made by Lisbon Treaty).
    For an essay it's usually a quote from UPA, but it's always asking the same thing
    And then it's only been a PQ 2 or 3 times, but it was the same issue - so you could still use your prepared answer on direct & individual concern

Jesus Christ - my WiFi went yesterday and virgin media are telling me they can’t get a technician out until Wednesday. When I am due to sit company. I don’t know what the f* to do now?!? Anyone able to tell me if I can bring a case against them?! Surely they owe me a duty of care!

• Advertisement

Jesus Christ - my WiFi went yesterday and virgin media are telling me they can’t get a technician out until Wednesday. When I am due to sit company. I don’t know what the f* to do now?!? Anyone able to tell me if I can bring a case against them?! Surely they owe me a duty of care!

That's a nightmare.
    Hotspot from your phone if you can. It worked fine for me for the mock.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Hazel774

That's so stressful!! I'd say try your hotspot on your phone for a few hours today and see if it works for you
    Is it back working now or is it completely gone until Wednesday? You might want to consider if there's any one you know who would let you use a quiet room in their house on Wednesday for a few hours if it comes to that

Edit: It could also just be the weather today, it's very stormy out so maybe when that clears up your wifi will be okay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Dliodoir2021

If there was a power outage even for under a minute it can cause your modem not to work (even if the light comes on). I was lucky to have a spare modem....maybe you could borrow a neighbour’s to check? Might have to be virgin as well.

Your phone bill could be crazy using your phone as a hotspot between now and then so could be cheaper to get one of those mobile broadband things. I think 3 is the cheapest but don’t know about signal.

Also find out how the phone signal for whichever network you choose works (Eg 3 in my area requires electricity and broadband to the aerial on the mountain. Vodafone usually works without either).

If you have someone in your family or a friend who can deal with it and take the stress away from you all the better too! Feel so sorry for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭IgoPAP

Will this be enough for Land Law or should I add anything else?

- Co ownership
    - Succession
    - Adverse Possession
    - Easements
    - Landlord and Tenant
    - Family Property
    - Mortgages
    - Finding
    - Licenses and Right of Residence

• Registered Users Posts: 46 BugsySiegel

IgoPAP wrote: »
    Will this be enough for Land Law or should I add anything else?

- Co ownership
    - Succession
    - Adverse Possession
    - Easements
    - Landlord and Tenant
    - Family Property
    - Mortgages
    - Finding
    - Licenses and Right of Residence

Thats more than enough particularly if you have covered them thoroughly. There isn't one past paper where you wouldnt have 5 questions with those topics covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭nicolesd

can anyone tell me what i would need to know for the bare minimum for causation and remoteness of damage in tort?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ihatethesea

I feel like i'm wasting my time learning the wildcards in Tort. Out of these which would people leave out:

Nervous Shock
    Liability for Animals
    Pure Economic Loss
    Negligent Misstatement

• Registered Users Posts: 43 legallywrecked

Hi all, hope everyone is getting on ok with the study this weekend - even more nerve wracking than it usually is with the first online sitting looming!

Sorry if this is being asked already but I haven't looked at the better examinations page since the first mock and just checked and noticed none of the 3 exams I'm due to sit are there and it says I have nothing upcoming... just wondering if this is an error on mine or if they aren't showing for anyone yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Aoibhin511

Hi all, hope everyone is getting on ok with the study this weekend - even more nerve wracking than it usually is with the first online sitting looming!

Sorry if this is being asked already but I haven't looked at the better examinations page since the first mock and just checked and noticed none of the 3 exams I'm due to sit are there and it says I have nothing upcoming... just wondering if this is an error on mine or if they aren't showing for anyone yet?

Yeah there's none on mine either, I reckon they'll take their usual 6pm Monday approach, so I'm not going to worry yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Hamerzan Sickles

I feel like i'm wasting my time learning the wildcards in Tort. Out of these which would people leave out:

Nervous Shock
    Liability for Animals
    Pure Economic Loss
    Negligent Misstatement

Liability for animals is the obvious one to leave out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement