Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain piss off and get on with Brexit II (mod warning in OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Boredstiff666

RasTa wrote: »
    Going to be a long couple of years saying yes to the yanks

I would rather do that than to a bunch of control freaks who want to control everyones lives like the present lot in Europe.

Besides they all say yes to the yanks as you call it as nearly all of the Europeans armed forces cannot function without the yanks. They are all interlinked from early warning to firing of weapons.

This already includes the UK ballistic and cruise nuclear weapons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I would rather do that than to a bunch of control freaks who want to control everyones lives like the present lot in Europe.

Besides they all say yes to the yanks as you call it as nearly all of the Europeans armed forces cannot function without the yanks. They are all interlinked from early warning to firing of weapons.

This already includes the UK ballistic and cruise nuclear weapons.

Oh how the empire has fallen.

Even getting laughed at for their extradition request

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Yes, I can do nothing without permission or instructions from Brussels. What time to get up, what to have for breakfast......

First Up wrote: »
    Yes, I can do nothing without permission or instructions from Brussels. What time to get up, what to have for breakfast......
    My god you seriously have a problem.

Nobody said or even meant that kind of control. Are you really that immature?

Please sit down and rest.

So what kind of control of everyone's lives are you talking about? Do they have it now?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 36,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

My god you seriously have a problem.

Please sit down and rest.

You specifically said "control freaks" and now you're addressing the poster in a condescending manner. I suggest you use more precise language if you want to avoid this in future.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

It'll be some craic if the UK back down and don't use Huawei.

there is no "Backing down" involved. The UK has made no decision yet and it is still one of national security that most of the eu member states are currently pondering.

So what kind of control of everyone's lives are you talking about? Do they have it now?
    The green agenda is the latest............of many.

But I suppose you are going to find a thousand word post to justify that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,357 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

The green agenda is the latest............of many.

But I suppose you are going to find a thousand word post to justify that.

Does Britain not have a "green agenda"?

Does Britain not have a "green agenda"?
    If they havent they will make their own.

Ireland could make its own but then if it doesnt match EU's then it is over ruled by the greater EU.

If Irelands is too strict then citizens or other can go to the EU which can over rule Ireland or fine it.

• Advertisement

If they havent they will make their own.

Ireland could make its own but then if it doesnt match EU's then it is over ruled by the greater EU.

If Irelands is too strict then citizens or other can go to the EU which can over rule Ireland or fine it.

Okay. So Britain is better at setting a green agenda than the EU. Why? Also, is a green agenda not better when more countries conform to the same agenda?

That's a world wide thing and I'm glad we are dealing with stuff like the transition to electric vehicles as part of a Europe wide programme involving the auto industry among others.

And as part of the "greater EU" we help shape policies and how they are implemented.

The UK is free to tackle all that stuff on their own. I hope they can keep up.

Okay. So Britain is better at setting a green agenda than the EU. Why? Also, is a green agenda not better when more countries conform to the same agenda?

I never said anybody is better. But I would say a green agenda for example is better made by each individual country to suit whatever problems they may have.

Ireland does not in reality (not the greens) have a problem and any problems they do have they can introduce policies to suit.

Whereas the UK and Germany because of population and industry may have huge problems which the remedies would not suit a country like Ireland.

That's a world wide thing and I'm glad we are dealing with stuff like the transition to electric vehicles as part of a Europe wide programme involving the auto industry among others.

And as part of the "greater EU" we help shape policies and how they are implemented.

The UK is free to tackle all that stuff on their own. I hope they can keep up.

Yeah yeah yeah...We already know any answer you will give. There is no need to post anymore we know what you will say.

Anything British or Brexit bad. All EU glorious and heavenly.....we get the message.

I never said anybody is better. But I would say a green agenda for example is better made by each individual country to suit whatever problems they may have.

There can have been few challenges in human history better suited to a trans-national, science based, collaborative approach than reducing carbon emmissions and dependence on fossil fuels.

Ireland does not in reality (not the greens) have a problem and any problems they do have they can introduce policies to suit.

Whereas the UK and Germany because of population and industry may have huge problems which the remedies would not suit a country like Ireland.

But if everybody is playing from the same green agenda then it's a level playing pitch when it comes to trade? Surely the more countries that agree to tackle climate change together the better?

When you say Ireland doesn't have a problem, do you mean Ireland won't suffer from climate change or that Ireland doesn't contribute to climate change? Because Ireland will suffer and does contribute.

There can have been few challenges in human history better suited to a trans-national, science based, collaborative approach than reducing carbon emmissions and dependence on fossil fuels.

I disagree. You will not stop it and it's probably too late already, but I do think old Mother Earth will sort it out with a vengeance.

Too many people anyway. The idea of changing our ways so we can carry on producing more and more humans is just folly and nothing but greed.....by humans.

But if everybody is playing from the same green agenda then it's a level playing pitch when it comes to trade? Surely the more countries that agree to tackle climate change together the better?

When you say Ireland doesn't have a problem, do you mean Ireland won't suffer from climate change or that Ireland doesn't contribute to climate change? Because Ireland will suffer and does contribute.

No not at all.

I think if we are going to adopt green agendas then Ireland hasnt polluted anywhere near as much as the big boys.

So we can take care of our own problem and because we have spare capacity then the big boys can pay us for any spare capacity of ours that we bring into force.

For example planting trees. If we needed a billion trees planted here to make our co2 output zero. But we also have capacity for another 100 billion trees. Then we could plant those and get paid from the heavy polluters.

Otherwise places like Germany get away scot free with a one for all policy and rob Ireland of yet another natural resource like our fish, gas, etc etc.

I disagree. You will not stop it and it's probably too late already, but I do think old Mother Earth will sort it out with a vengeance.

So you think we shouldn't try?

So you think we shouldn't try?

Never said that. But you can, but you will never get anybody to agree.

When you sit in Ireland with a full gut and nice car and warm house. It's easy to forget or not understand how others live.

So when you have an idea to save the world. The others less fortunate than you will tell you to get f*cked.

The others who have more than you but with your idea in practice will lose out......so they will tell you to get f*cked.

By all means try if you wish.........Have fun.

• Advertisement

I think if we are going to adopt green agendas then Ireland hasnt polluted anywhere near as much as the big boys.

I think you should beef up on what the "green agenda" actually is but have you any other examples of how the EU is trying to control your life?

I think you should beef up on what the "green agenda" actually is but have you any other examples of how the EU is trying to control your life?

It really is nauseating. Do you have any friends?

No not at all.

So we can take care of our own problem and because we have spare capacity then the big boys can pay us for any spare capacity of ours that we bring into force.

For example planting trees. If we needed a billion trees planted here to make our co2 output zero. But we also have capacity for another 100 billion trees. Then we could plant those and get paid from the heavy polluters.

Otherwise places like Germany get away scot free with a one for all policy and rob Ireland of yet another natural resource like our fish, gas, etc etc.

Per capita, Ireland has the third highest emissions of greenhouse gases in the EU. We need the EU to put manners on us.

Per capita, Ireland has the third highest emissions of greenhouse gases in the EU. We need the EU to put manners on us.

There's a role for sanctioning abusers but the challenge (and greatest opportunity) is in finding solutions, not culprits.

It really is nauseating. Do you have any friends?

OK; no other examples.

Anything else?

I am not in a position to argue but I would hardly think if we just covered the last 50 years for example. Germany and all the others would leave Ireland trailing in the dust as regards pollution from all sources and the new enemy greenhouse gas emissions.

So really just taking a few years since Ireland has been back on its feet again is misleading.

Also being as the co2 has been around for a few hundred years. If you took all other countries contribution to this and put it against Irelads. You would probably need a microscope to see Ireland even register on the map compared to the other countries.

Jest for your knowledge when the industrial revolution started most of Europe was covered in dense forests (not Ireland) First of all the chopped this down for charcoal before opening the coal pits.

Gives you some idea what others have done. Similar to the Amazon today.

But if you think some green ideas by a bunch of tin pot dictators is going to save the world then carry on.

Ironic part is that the Brazillian meat produced on Rain forest cleared ground will soon arrive and force our own farmers from the land within a few years. Then Ireland is about to hook up to Frances nuclear power stations in a few months.

A great way to limit co2...........but to save the planet.....pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭cryptocurrency

Why would anyone wish that? odd

I see Leo was at it again yesterday. Beating his chest and talking of British people thinking they are still an empire. Strange that because of all my time in the UK I never heard a normal person talk of an empire. But there you go.

He then said the Brits better remember that we are 450 million and you are but just 60 million so we are more powerful than you.

Obviously he trying to look big in front of the electorate as he is bumming in the polls and about to visit the Social Welfare office soon.

That's the only reason it could have been for him to do this as it was unexpected and totally out of the blue.

Non of this goes down well in England with normal people. They just see it as another attack on themselves for just exercising their democratic right and voting for what 'they' want.

Imagine if the roles were reversed and Boris came over here wagging his finger at little Irish people saying you are 4 million and we are bigger than you. I can imagine Pat Kenny needing therapy the next day.

I saw a video this morning on same matter which showed that Ireland was 100% reliant on imported Petroleum products with over 90% of them coming from the UK. Also regardless of the new ferry routes, Ireland is reliant on the land bridge across the UK for its exports and desperately needs the open border link through NI to the UK.

If I was an Irish leader I would keep my mouth shut and not go around threatening anybody. Let alone a neighbour who could stop the entire country in a few days and in the middle of winter as well.

Go on First Up........... Explain to us how it was all the British peoples fault for yesterdays performance and how the Brits who were minding their own business yesterday deserved such an onslaught.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,703 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Obviously he trying to look big in front of the electorate as he is bumming in the polls and about to visit the Social Welfare office soon.

Leo on the dole, I think not! Leo will more than likely be financially comfortable for the remainder of his life. I'm completely unaware of any former Taoiseach that has ever ended up on the dole

• Advertisement

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Leo on the dole, I think not! Leo will more than likely be financially comfortable for the remainder of his life. I'm completely unaware of any former Taoiseach that has ever ended up on the dole

T'was a joke. :rolleyes:

Advertisement