Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currently buying/selling a house? How is it going? READ MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

mcbert wrote: »
    bank has just done the valuation

Which bank is this? Did the valuer visit the property since the restrictions came in?

I'm a bit antsy with my own situation - went sale agreed 23rd of last month and paid booking deposit, broker requested valuation but have heard absolutely nothing from either bank, valuer, estate agent or solicitors since :(

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mcbert

Which bank is this? Did the valuer visit the property since the restrictions came in?

I'm a bit antsy with my own situation - went sale agreed 23rd of last month and paid booking deposit, broker requested valuation but have heard absolutely nothing from either bank, valuer, estate agent or solicitors since :(

Yeah we were a little surprised when it arrived in the post this morning. Your solicitor isnt going to have anything for you until the bank issue the full loan pack to your solicitor. That only happens after the bank has done a valuation.

My guess is they used a valuer that lives in the area and just walked down. The EA handling the sale also lives a short walk away, so could open up I suppose if the owners couldnt. You need to contact your broker! I cant get my own survey done though until restriction are lifted...

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mcbert

Actaully, your solicitor may have at least got contracts to review. Maybe follow up with them about that about that...

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Conrad83

Builders solicitors have followed up with our solicitor on us signing contracts. Contracts are only with our solicitor 3 weeks and was surprised the builders are following up so soon in these times when the country is shut down effectively.

Our solicitor has told them we are still waiting on the bank to approve exception but wondering how long our solicitor can 'drag it out'with the signing of contracts. I dont expect we will hear anything from the bank for a few weeks yet as all exceptions are 'paused'.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

We were in a similar situation but managed to get a valuation done as the valuer was local and the property owner was local too. It took a bit of persuading the EA to ask if the seller was willing to allow valuer into property, which they thankfully agreed to (Probably in their interest to).

Speak with your EA and see what they can do.

Things are still moving along with our sale, don't be too put off just yet. Our sellers solicitor are working, banks working and issued full loan offer, contracts signed and posted and all within the last week or so. Hoping to drawdown in two weeks or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Collecting my keys tomorrow morning from a security office at the estate. There's a welcome pack with all the manuals we need in the house, they'll walk through everything once the restrictions are lifted. They'll also pay electricity while restrictions are in place until they can get a meter reading which I thought is a bit strange. Is there a handover with utilities or something that would stop me setting up my own?

Tiles ordered, once they arrive the floor fitter can come in. Sky are still working from what I hear although Virgin are dodging the question for a new build.

Shame I can't order from IKEA to get a place in the queue as it's currently a two month delivery wait.

• Administrators Posts: 53,459 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Collecting my keys tomorrow morning from a security office at the estate. There's a welcome pack with all the manuals we need in the house, they'll walk through everything once the restrictions are lifted. They'll also pay electricity while restrictions are in place until they can get a meter reading which I thought is a bit strange. Is there a handover with utilities or something that would stop me setting up my own?

Tiles ordered, once they arrive the floor fitter can come in. Sky are still working from what I hear although Virgin are dodging the question for a new build.

Shame I can't order from IKEA to get a place in the queue as it's currently a two month delivery wait.

Why would ye want to set up the electric on your own if the developer is happy to keep paying?

awec wrote: »
    Why would ye want to set up the electric on your own if the developer is happy to keep paying?

It's not that I don't want them paying, I was just wondering if they need to do something to close off the supply being in their name but can't come out to do a reading. I was also thinking in terms of it being awkward with dual fuel from one supplier but it turns out they're covering the gas too so no issues with that.

• Administrators Posts: 53,459 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It's not that I don't want them paying, I was just wondering if they need to do something to close off the supply being in their name but can't come out to do a reading. I was also thinking in terms of it being awkward with dual fuel from one supplier but it turns out they're covering the gas too so no issues with that.

Mine did the same, I got 9 months of free electricity and gas where my developer paid. In my case it was because they were hooked into my supply to power some stuff on site.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ogie007

We are in the process of purchasing a house that we see as a home for possibly the next 5-6 years. We have agreed a price prior before all this uncertainty. No contracts are signed as of yet and we are very worried that if we continue with the sale we could be in negative equity very soon. Is renegotiating the price the way to go? Any advice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 KaiserSochez

“Land Registy is closed and most government bodies and most solicitors offices, conveyancing is not deemed as an essential service, not sure when the ban will be lifted”

Received from my Solicitor last week.

How is anyone closing deals if this is the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

“Land Registy is closed and most government bodies and most solicitors offices, conveyancing is not deemed as an essential service, not sure when the ban will be lifted”

Received from my Solicitor last week.

How is anyone closing deals if this is the case?

PRAI is open again for postal applications since Monday. Don't know why your solicitor said that.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 KaiserSochez

PRAI is open again for postal applications since Monday. Don't know why your solicitor said that.

I was working off an email dated last Friday. Thanks for the update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Spencer Brown

I was working off an email dated last Friday. Thanks for the update.

Solicitors were advised the PRAI was reopening from Monday a few weeks back. Yours sounds pretty terrible tbh :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,961 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Mariomaker wrote: »
    My place has been been sale agreed for the past 6 weeks. The purchasers are asking for a 22% haircut. Think i might as well take my place off the market. I think people will just be offering crazy low ball offers. Pitty

Thats not bad trust me..else hold for 4-5 years if not in a hurry !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

PommieBast wrote: »
    No doubt some properties will show up with a 30% or so discount but they will be the dregs of the market. Decent places will mostly disappear. Pretty much why I'm going sale agreed this week.

Don't know about that. If it's as bad as the last recession house prices will plummet. And they're saying it could be the worst since the Depression

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

I've put an offer in at 10% below asking on 2 properties that I'm interested in.
    I will update back here when I hear back.

So EA got back and said they want to see how things pan out. That was the first one. Nothing back from the 2nd property.
    The first property in fairness we were the only ones to view the day before the lockdown.
    Don’t blame the vendor in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭coolperson05

I got AIP on Monday. But the broker did say, COVID checks will be done on drawdown. No problem for us as we're both still working, but personally i'd rather buy sooner rather than later. The longer we wait, more rent being paid. And also, more time for the banks to stop lending due to some 'valuation' reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭James 007

So EA got back and said they want to see how things pan out. That was the first one. Nothing back from the 2nd property.
    The first property in fairness we were the only ones to view the day before the lockdown.
    Don’t blame the vendor in fairness.
    Keep an eye out for the next viewing date, wait until they come back to you after that date & your next offer is 15% below the asking price to close the sale.

Haven't heard anything back from Virgin, does anyone know if they're installing in new builds at all? They aren't answering me and their website sounds like self installation new customers only. Nothing about someone having to come out and install.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Haven't heard anything back from Virgin, does anyone know if they're installing in new builds at all? They aren't answering me and their website sounds like self installation new customers only. Nothing about someone having to come out and install.

I had a support issue a few weeks back my internet and VM hub stopped working for about 5-6 days. I only got a response via, whatsApp. But it took them 7 days or so. By then it had started working again. (I think because I reported a fault online which I've been told triggers some sort of reset - who knows. )

Anyway they wouldn't investigate it. pretty clueless drone on WhatsApp. Abysmal company to deal with.

Also had a billing issue with mobile which I cancelled. Unintelligible bill and subsequent utter gibberish support call for that also. But that was before the lock down.

Anyway I would expect quite a delay before they get back to you. They are only responding on WhatsApp AFAIK. Such professionalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Experience_day

Thats not bad trust me..else hold for 4-5 years if not in a hurry !

That's a retarded statement. If you knew the definitive answer to the markets you'd be buying huge amounts of put/call options on margin and retiring a wealthy person very shortly....

22% is ridiculous. Unless you need to liquidate the asset immediately then you'd be mad to go for it. Unless you are buying somewhere else for the same discount...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Signed my contract yesterday via skype.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Sheeps wrote: »
    Signed my contract yesterday via skype.

Might be a stupid question but how does this work exactly? Witness + digitally signing with your mouse? Or one of those check the box to sign things?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Spencer Brown

fifth wrote: »
    Might be a stupid question but how does this work exactly? Witness + digitally signing with your mouse? Or one of those check the box to sign things?

Solicitor and an independent solicitor witness you signing the physical copy which they send by post in advance. We did the same two weeks ago. The house is now handed over. If both solicitors are willing to play ball it's possible to get houses completed just as quickly right now (Assuming no issues that need be checked out).

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Joolz30

Got our full loan approval Today - contracts in post!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

We were sale agreed but vendor pulled out 2 weeks later citing business woes. Disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Noodles81

We got AIP today for a year from today. We want to sell and move as we are in a high demand area moving to the countryside in the middle of nowhere!!

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Noodles81

We got AIP today for a year from today. We want to sell and move as we are in a high demand area moving to the countryside in the middle of nowhere!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,192 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Starting to look unlikely that I will be able to buy. Seller dilly dallying like mad. If they don't move very soon I'll be giving um the heave-ho

Advertisement