Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currently buying/selling a house? How is it going? READ MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭COH

Update #2

We got word today that our 11th hour alternative application has been approved and the loan pack is on its way to our solicitor. I can't believe it tbh - its a full 2% less then our FI offer.

All things going to plan (which nothing has so far) is that we sign contracts on Monday at last after being sale agreed for 18-19 weeks.

i will then photocopy a picture of my arse on Tuesday, attach it to my original Finance Ireland paperwork and send it back to them with instructions on what they can do with their rate increases.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Super news COH fantastic stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Craig_David

Has anyone drawn down with BOI recently and if so, how long to get the cashback?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Q&A

From their website:

The payment will be made into your mortgage-paying current account within 45 days of drawdown of your mortgage

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

Thanks for that, good to know, I thought it was day of drawdown!

Good to know they’re continuing to at least the end of next year too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Craig_David

thanks. I'm trying to suss out will it be closer to say 10 days or 45 days based on recent experiences of people who have drawn down with BOI.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Got mortgage drawn down from BOI on the 14th Nov - no sign of Cash Back yet, had forgot about it to be honest until you mentioned it here in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

We're snagging our new build on Monday.

Any tips, or will I just leave it to the engineer?

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭tonysopprano

Do your own check first, list all items and give your list to engineer. He will either note them or disregard them. What have you to loose?

If you can do the job, do it. If you can't do the job, just teach it. If you really suck at it, just become a union executive or politician.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭ClaudeVercetti

Anyone with AIB waiting to drawdown? I'm signing tomorrow but if we don't drawdown before Jan 16th facing the second-rate increase since going sale agreed. I can absorb it but still a bit sickening given it may be about 100 more per month than what it was a couple months ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Jasna1982

Anyone have experience with HTB? Seems like the HTB thread is a bit quiet at the moment so seeing if anyone has any advice in here.

I'm at the last stage of mortgage drawdown. I'm trying to drawdown before Friday as after that my rate will go up. The bank is insisting they need proof that the builder has received the HTB money from the Revenue. I have correspondence from the Revenue that it was claimed, the builder has confirmed they have claimed it, however the bank wants the money to be in the builder's account and I have no idea how long Revenue takes to send this.

If I open a ticket, it won't get responded to until it's too late. Has anyone had any luck with a phone number for Revenue to enquire about HTB?

Use my Tesla referral link for free charging credits: https://www.tesla.com/referral/jasna121868

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Formosa

THis has moved on at a pace...since going sale agreed on 23 September, contracts were signed (subject to survey) on 17th November...I sent a few minor fix requests to the sellers based on the survey...not deal breakers, I don't know if they've remedied them or not, all the better if they have.

Booked in for a final inspection tomorrow, closing is this Friday. My solicitor has advised that the vendors will be vacated, funding is ready for drawdown so all looking good for keys on Friday.

Massive credit to my broker, he's been worth his weight in gold, knew exactly what the lender would like, ask, be concerned about and had all the information in place at the start to minimise questions from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭ccull123

Can I ask who your mortgage is with? Trying to gauge how quickly AIB are to close once everything is completed

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Was supposed to be closing my sale on Thursday but the purchasers name was spelt wrong on the block insurance, so frustrating. My solicitor is still aiming for this weekend but I'm doubtful now, determined to get this done by Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭ccull123

You’re nearly there. Any idea what bank the purchaser is using?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 southofthelee

19 weeks from Date of Death or 19 weeks from Application made to Probate Office?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭kodak

Once our solicitor requested funds, the funds were transferred within 2 days - I think their internal SLA is 5 days

overall I had no delays with AIB (this was 2 months ago)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Deleted.

Post edited by chops018 on

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭dubal

So my two year journey came to an end last week, got the keys on Tuesday, though we are only formally moving in tomorrow. Even managed to snag the low fixed interest rate (my biggest worry in the last few months). Having to change mortgage provider at the last minute was pretty stressful too.

For all the talk of softening, absolutely nothing else suitable has come on the market since we signed contracts in April - and very very little in the last 18 months. Supply is still a massive issue.

Dubal

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭blarb

We are selling and purchasing at the moment. Thought I'd outline our timelines so far - I'd seen someone else do this before here and it was very helpful for me to see all the steps involved.

Week 1

Sale: Accepted offer on our own house (it had only been on the market for a week), and booking deposit paid by buyer

Purchase: Made offer on new house subject to survey and sale of our own house

Week 2

Sale: Our EA told us the buyer's lender had upped their rates by 2% and buyer is understandably looking for a better mortgage deal

Purchase: We were told our offer would be accepted once our survey is done. We booked our valuation as we were told there are a couple of types of survey that the valuer can recommend to the bank due to the age of the house (over 100 years old)

Week 3

Sale: no update

Purchase: our valuation was done

Week 4:

Sale: buyer's survey done

Purchase: valuation report received and we enlisted a surveyor (thankfully it was a standard structural survey that was required by bank, due to the house being over 100 years old).

Week 5:

Sale: no update

Purchase: our survey was done, we were happy with it after chatting to surveyor, we paid our booking deposit. Our broker sent valuation and survey off to PTSB for full approval.

Week 6:

Sale: we were told our buyer had booked the valuation for our house. Our solicitor issued the contracts for the sale.

Purchase: received contracts for purchase of our new house. Received a couple of questions from PTSB asking for surveyor to confirm what works are deemed essential, and a quote for any essential works.

Week 7 (current week):

Sale: buyer's valuation taking place, this was a relief to us as it shows movement on their mortgage application

Purchase: we have sent the surveyors response to PTSB's questions and are awaiting their response (fingers crossed approval is next).

Hoping for loan offer for both ourselves and our buyer by Christmas, with the hope of moving by the end of January...

Post edited by blarb on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Bradz213

19 weeks from application lodged. I literally shot too soon. It was granted the day after this post!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,882 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Hi all, has anyone got any recommendations for a good conveyancing solicitor in Limerick please?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Bradz213

Not Limerick but I've used 4 different solicitors for purchasing houses and have dealt with 4 on the selling side and I have come to the conclusion that there is no such thing as a good conveyancing solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Formosa

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭AySeeDoubleYeh

After years of searching and multiple failed bidding wars, looks like we'll be getting the keys by the end of the week. Can't explain the relief at knowing we'll be in before number 2 arrives in the new year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Dante

I have offered above asking on 3 houses now and been turned down each time, its getting incredibly frustrating. None of them had any other bids too.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

‘Asking price’ is one of the most egregious elements of the housing market. Such a falsehood.

The way things are going, those lovely people could come crawling back to you just in time for you to lower your offer ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 UnholyBitchYunalesca

Hi all, I wonder if anyone else has experienced this same delay when closing on a new build.

We've snagged on the 28th November and the report sent to developer same day. Funds are with our solicitor and now the developer said the below to us:

"We are awaiting two documents to close - Homebond, which has been submitted since the 8th November, I am continuing to chase them and BCMS validation from the County Council - we were ready to submit this last week when we are advised we now need extra certification (not required until now) - I hope to have all of this by mid next week."

What extra certification could they be talking about? And if we're waiting on the county council to do something, there's no chance we'll have the keys this side of Christmas, is there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 N0CARSGO

Anyone with a PTSB mortgage know about final checks pre-drawdown? Is it completely unrealistic to expect release of funds on the same day the application moved into final checks? We sent request for funds last Thursday and were supposed to get keys tomorrow but now I don't think it's very likely.

Absolutely devastated tbh, need to leave our current accommodation on Sunday and not really sure what we will do. On top of that I got some very bad news re. a family member's health yesterday. This week has really went from looking like one of the happiest to a pile of garbage. Holding out for a glimmer of hope but I know it's probably not realistic.

Sorry for the downer post - I thought it would be helpful to vent!

Advertisement