Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currently buying/selling a house? How is it going? READ MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Sijo1982

Just need an advice

Received AIB approval in principle through eMortgages (after submitting all documents nearly 6 weeks)
    Asked us to submit property and solicitor details ( done a month ago) also submitted deposit receipt

Received a message from AIB that final check for letter of offer issue ( on 10 September)

Still waiting for letter of offer

Will they decline my mortgage on this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

Sijo1982 wrote: »
    Just need an advice

Received AIB approval in principle through eMortgages (after submitting all documents nearly 6 weeks)
    Asked us to submit property and solicitor details ( done a month ago) also submitted deposit receipt

Received a message from AIB that final check for letter of offer issue ( on 10 September)

I’d say you’re ok. We’re still waiting for 2 weeks now from KBC for our loan offer. Broker expects it early next week

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭ElitesTeam

I see AIB require home insurance on purchase house, How can we provide proof when you don't own it yet to get it insured?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Glory83

ElitesTeam wrote: »
    I see AIB require home insurance on purchase house, How can we provide proof when you don't own it yet to get it insured?

I believe they require that before drawdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ahnoyouregrand

Just need an advice

I wouldn't panic. Going through the same process, albeit slightly further along. You need to just constantly call them and hassle them to get anywhere. Their levels of customer service is absolutely horrendous. We have been delayed weeks by AIB alone at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

We received contracts into our solicitor last week, anyone care to give a rough estimate of draw down periods from when you receive contracts?

There was no issues found with the contracts btw

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭ElitesTeam

We received contracts into our solicitor last week, anyone care to give a rough estimate of draw down periods from when you receive contracts?

Out of interest how long since sale agreed did it take to get them?

Once you sign I would expect within a month

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

My solicitor is so frustrated right now. Seller's been pushing and pushing me to sign and draw down, we're ready to go, and her solicitor isn't responding. If they've gone on holiday this week I'm actually going to cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭mojesius

Once both parties have signed, drawdown is usually requested at that stage. It took us 1.5 weeks to get funds, that was with PTSB.

Edit: that's assuming everything is in place such as mortgage protection, home insurance, final payslip etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

ElitesTeam wrote: »
    Out of interest how long since sale agreed did it take to get them?

Once you sign I would expect within a month

We received contracts about 6 weeks after sale agreed.
    Thanks a month is what I thought!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Just wanted to get a bit of advice on conveyancing costs. Discussion boards are saying a flat fee of about 750 should be possible but could be up to 1500. i have done someone shopping around this morning and I'm getting some huge quotes of 2000, even up to 4,000. Nothing near the lower figures. Am I being unrealistic?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Littleredcar

How long before anyone got offers on their homes mine is up since Thursday and four viewings on Friday . I’m in a panic cause no offers yet

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

How long before anyone got offers on their homes mine is up since Thursday and four viewings on Friday . I’m in a panic cause no offers yet

It's only Monday :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Not much patience have you, weeks for decent offers. People will have get surveys done, look at it multiple times etc.

But it depends on a huge range of factors. If is a bad deal you won't get any. If its on ok deal, you'll get some, if its a bargain you'll get loads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Just wanted to get a bit of advice on conveyancing costs. Discussion boards are saying a flat fee of about 750 should be possible but could be up to 1500. i have done someone shopping around this morning and I'm getting some huge quotes of 2000, even up to 4,000. Nothing near the lower figures. Am I being unrealistic?

No

https://www.moneyguideireland.com/legal-fees-and-charges-when-buying-a-house.html

Just lots of overpriced "professionals" out there. Take your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Littleredcar

It's only Monday :pac:

Patience isn’t my best quality 😂. It’s a good deal on at a lower amount to attract attention

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭megabomberman

Just need an advice

That means it's gone from the application processing unit to the underwriters, in my case that took two weeks. As long as your claim isn't on a tightrope I'd say you have nothing to worry about. AIB really sped up once we got past this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

I wouldn't panic. Going through the same process, albeit slightly further along. You need to just constantly call them and hassle them to get anywhere. Their levels of customer service is absolutely horrendous. We have been delayed weeks by AIB alone at this stage.

I got the upfront AIP from AIB 6 weeks ago and submitted the requested documents 5 weeks ago, which are still being reviewed. Have 18 days left to sign contracts or will lose the appliances on a new build, not hopeful of AIB being able to get anything done with letter of offer within next 18 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭BrosnanL27

Hi all, does anybody know if H2B has to be used as part of the deposit for a new build or can it be drawn down at any time (preferably later into the sale after the deposit has been paid out of our own savings)? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    I got the upfront AIP from AIB 6 weeks ago and submitted the requested documents 5 weeks ago, which are still being reviewed. Have 18 days left to sign contracts or will lose the appliances on a new build, not hopeful of AIB being able to get anything done with letter of offer within next 18 days.

Check with your solicitor. The builders are usually ok regarding this and wont cancel your appliances

• Advertisement

We received letter of offer . Atlast ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ahnoyouregrand

You just have to keep ringing and ringing them and asking for things to be escalated. It is incredibly frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

A small amount of money (not given actual figure) to be transferred from the buyer to buyer solicitor. All other stuff from bank in and ready to close. Was told Friday buyer was transferring money over to their solicitor. Still nothing in bank of their solcitor today. Would you be within your rights to threaten to relist the property? Given closing date after closing date is being missed?

It's just delay after delay with this process. Really sick of it. Also solicitors and estate agents knowing each other was a big mistake. Never again. Clicky pack of jokers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

Jay D wrote: »
    Would you be within your rights to threaten to relist the property? Given closing date after closing date is being missed?

Have you served a 21-day warning notice making time of the essence?

No, is that what I need to? As mentioned the solicitor is super clicky with other solicitor and EA. Not fighting my corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Meraf

Danger781 wrote: »
    Would also like to hear an answer on this as well if anyone can comment..

Continuation to the story - Agent called me today saying that if I give owner extra 5k they are happy to sell me apt :)

I told them no - thank you but no . Apt required investment and yet EA underpriced asking price just to get bidding war.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Meraf

i got my quote 1500 plus costs letters etc...

Don’t worry. My letter of offer issued by AIB 8-10 working days

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Contracts were finally received, almost 2 months after going Sale Agreed!
    Our solicitor has a few minor issues with the contract, so there'll be a bit of back-and-forth before we sign, but nothing that worries me.

I'm asking the auctioneer if white goods will be included - they have a lovely American-style double fridge that I'd love! I can just buy my own if it's not included in the sale, but any money we can save would be wonderful - and I doubt those fridges come cheap :eek:

With any luck it'll all be sorted in a few short weeks. Fingers crossed!

• Advertisement

jokettle wrote: »
    Contracts were finally received, almost 2 weeks after going Sale Agreed!
    Our solicitor has a few minor issues with the contract, so there'll be a bit of back-and-forth before we sign, but nothing that worries me.

I'm asking the auctioneer if white goods will be included - they have a lovely American-style double fridge that I'd love! I can just buy my own if it's not included in the sale, but any money we can save would be wonderful - and I doubt those fridges come cheap :eek:

With any luck it'll all be sorted in a few short weeks. Fingers crossed!

A friend of ours fought to have the fridge left there when they bought. They argued it was kind of custom made, or hard to get and would significantly take away from the look of the kitchen if removed.

Best wishes in your new place.

Advertisement