Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currently buying/selling a house? How is it going? READ MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

Does anyone have an idea of how fast things can go to closing after contracts are signed? Signing next week, vendor's already moved out, from what I can tell we just need drawdown to happen and we'll be good to go, but I've no clue how long it'll take.
    Fingers crossed, it'd be lovely to be in before October and get settled before winter's fully set in.

I signed on June 15th, closed and got keys on July 10th (vendor moved out the previous weekend), and probably could have been slightly quicker had I been more organised with the formalities around insurances, etc. so if you've already signed and are on top of all the remaining paperwork elements, etc. then being in before the end of this month is pretty realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

Just heard of 2 small developments being sold to funds. Demand would have been high. Last phase sold out. Worrying to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Smouse156

jrosen wrote: »
    Just heard of 2 small developments being sold to funds. Demand would have been high. Last phase sold out. Worrying to see.

Would you mind elaborating on which developments these are?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Leozord

sale agreed with my offer, 380K in Drumcondra

thanks everyone for the advices

let's see how it goes from now

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Smouse156

Leozord wrote: »

Congrats!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

Leozord wrote: »

well done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

Smouse156 wrote: »
    Would you mind elaborating on which developments these are?

Id rather not at the moment as I dont have much more info. But its kildare. Up untill about 6 weeks ago the launch was being planned so this was unexpected.. Another development that was due to break ground is being stalled.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Jess2019

My partner has been temporarily laid off for the past 4 months. This has led to us having to pull out of a house. He has received a new job offer and will be starting in 2 weeks. Which means we will have to apply for a mortgage again. As far as we know you have to be in a job 6 months to apply for a mortgage but I have heard that during covid you actually need to be in the job a year. Anyone know if this is true? God I hope it’s not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

My solicitor is waiting on my deeds (from tsb) before drawing up the contract . How long with these normally take to arrive ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

My solicitor is waiting on my deeds (from tsb) before drawing up the contract . How long with these normally take to arrive ?

Could take 3-4 weeks. Took about 2 weeks from our solicitor requesting them to receiving them but she had expected it could take up to 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Had our BER done the other day. Estate agent came and did measurements today and the photographer took the photos and did the video walk about. Will be up on the market soon.

The house we were interested in(detached 4 bed fixer uper) and viewed last week went sale agreed yesterday with someone else. Disappointed. Hoping something else comes up soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭BrosnanL27

Jess2019 wrote: »
    My partner has been temporarily laid off for the past 4 months. This has led to us having to pull out of a house. He has received a new job offer and will be starting in 2 weeks. Which means we will have to apply for a mortgage again. As far as we know you have to be in a job 6 months to apply for a mortgage but I have heard that during covid you actually need to be in the job a year. Anyone know if this is true? God I hope it’s not.

As far as I'm aware as long as your partner passes his probation (usually takes 6 months) then is made a permanent employee, you should be good to go for a mortgage. We got mortgage approval in July with PTSB at which point I was only in my job 10 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Mslenny

fliball123 wrote: »
    I think you can get your solicitor to word your signing that you are only going through with the purchase on the basis your own property sells as well. So if your buyer pulls out you can pull out too and your only cost will be your solicitor

Yes this is what we asked to be put into the contract but the seller’s/builder’s solicitor won’t agree to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭goingagain

I’m waiting 6 weeks on deeds from BOI. I’ve been promised they’ll be sent next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,445 ✭✭✭fliball123

Mslenny wrote: »
    Yes this is what we asked to be put into the contract but the seller’s/builder’s solicitor won’t agree to it.

Well then I would be weary of going through with it you could find yourself losing a deposit if had to pull out. I think their solicitor is being unrealistic to be honest you cant expect someone to not try and protect themselves having said that I can understand the seller wanting to not be in a chain

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Branflakes8

Hey,

Has anyone received a letter of offer from AIB recently? We've been waiting over 3 weeks with no communication and our requests for escalation are falling on deaf ears! By the time they reply our documents will be over 30 days and i fear they will ask for everything again before issuing it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Has anyone successfully negotiated extras on a new build for example kitchen upgrades?

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

Has anyone successfully negotiated extras on a new build for example kitchen upgrades?

I got them to add a socket to the island. That’s about it :D

• Administrators Posts: 53,466 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Very unlikely to get this. Kitchens come in from external suppliers, who bill the developer and will give them a price based on buying x number of kitchens.

You may be allowed to change kitchen, or kitchen appliances, but you'll be paying for it.

Upgrading kitchen appliances can be more expensive than you expect too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Just a quick question.

Is it mandatory to have home + content insurance before mortgage amount is released to the solicitor?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Meraf

Hey,

Has anyone received a letter of offer from AIB recently? We've been waiting over 3 weeks with no communication and our requests for escalation are falling on deaf ears! By the time they reply our documents will be over 30 days and i fear they will ask for everything again before issuing it!!

Hey,

Yes I got mine last week it took them 14 working days to review all documents and provide AIP

Just a quick question.

Is it mandatory to have home + content insurance before mortgage amount is released to the solicitor?

Home insurance yes, but content not necessary unless you got more money in mortgage to buy your content

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

awec wrote: »
    Very unlikely to get this. Kitchens come in from external suppliers, who bill the developer and will give them a price based on buying x number of kitchens.

You may be allowed to change kitchen, or kitchen appliances, but you'll be paying for it.

Upgrading kitchen appliances can be more expensive than you expect too.

Yes I was thinking the same. I would imagine the allowance the builder would give would be much less so you would end up paying a good bit for getting your own changes in. There are no appliances included. Would this be something to maybe ask for instead? I know in another devlopment the next town over they are giving a 2000 voucher towards appliances

• Administrators Posts: 53,466 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Yes I was thinking the same. I would imagine the allowance the builder would give would be much less so you would end up paying a good bit for getting your own changes in. There are no appliances included. Would this be something to maybe ask for instead? I know in another devlopment the next town over they are giving a 2000 voucher towards appliances

Changes can be expensive cause usually the builder will have you deal directly with the kitchen supplier, and they'll charge you the full public price for stuff, whereas the builder pays less than that.

So if you go to the kitchen crowd looking to get a different kitchen to the one that comes as standard, you might find that the builder will only be paying 10k, whereas all the kitchens cost 12/13.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Is it the solicitor or mortgage bank that will ask for it?
    Thank you
    Meraf wrote: »
    Home insurance yes, but content not necessary unless you got more money in mortgage to buy your content

Is it the solicitor or mortgage bank that will ask for it?
    Thank you

Mortgage bank will ask for home insurance before draw down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Just a quick question.

Not necessarily. I drew down with Ulster Bank last week and they specifically said they didn't need to see any home insurance documentation (though I got it before drawdown anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 ShockChance

Guys whats the story with houses for sale with a AMV price. Do they ever sell for that price.
    I am looking at fixer upper houses.

Hi All,

Apologies but I'm new to this. I'm on the house /apt hunt right now but I've noticed that a lot of advertisements in daft / myhome are no longer accurate due to "sale agreed" state that they forgot to post which is wasting a lot of my time... Is that usual ?

Are there any other websites that are good to check and accurate for new offers ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 fx83wab

Hey,

got it this week, took just under a month. apparently there's a big backlog.

Advertisement