Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 6 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Since we're all posting our BMW's here's my 330d. Its had a lot done since I posted it the last day, new big brake upgrade, exhaust upgrade...can REALLY hear the 6cyl now much to my neighbours disgust.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭passatman86

^^^^^ pics of the exhaust

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

If it's annoying your neighbour, why not have it quietened? Or you'd rather just be an arsehole?

I've none and it's lashing outside, I'll snap what it looks like at the rear when it stops, twin exits and a new twin exit diffuser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Maybe his neighbours are the ass holes and this is their penance.

On one side I've a lad in a st202 Celica and on the other an old boy with a mini of some sorts that isn't exactly quiet either.

We're all in this together.

That's my kind of road!

I live on a corner and all I have next door is an Almera with masking tape holding the bumper together... Matches my Fiance's Micra. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Picked up a set of wheels for the winter. Not perfect but threw some new tyres on them to allow me get the originals done in time for the next tyre change. 1k done this weekend alone in it and it’s an ideal all rounder for me - comfy, useful (4 wheels and a few tyres in the back for a good chunk of the miles), pokey enough for most situations, brilliant gearbox and even loaded up and tipping along it all on a tank and a little bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

picture from this summer :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Almost 6 months of ownership, what a cracking car.

BMW 128ti - 2L turbo petrol 261bhp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭traco

Tucked away for the next few months

Few little jobs done on the car in the run up to Christmas. I’d originally sold it because the spec wasn’t great but there’s a lot more retrofit options now. Had an NBT retrofit done with the bigger screen, idrive controller and OEM revering camera which made a huge difference to the interior (Bluetooth streaming - welcome to 2010).

The 6WA cluster was installed at the same time. The car came with the most basic dials so while this isn’t the full digital one it’s a nice upgrade. Only downside is the mph dials but it doesn’t bother me.

Next job is to get these fitted but it’s cold and wet outside so I’m not in any hurry because it’s a bumper off jobbie.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Very nice and makes a world of difference. A quick workaround for the mph dials is if you have access to the Bimmercode app then you can code it to display the current speed digitally where the digital odometer readout was. Then just change the odometer from mph to kph and it will display the current speed in kph also. Not sure if that's doable however with your new cluster.

Enabled that alright with bimmercode. Very useful in fairness.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 633 CMod ✭✭✭✭LIGHTNING

New Classic that arrived a few weeks ago. Really needs a good wash and a few loose ends fixing but overall running nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That’s class!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 633 CMod ✭✭✭✭LIGHTNING

Thanks! Decided to go a bit left field for this classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,487 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Very cool. Any chance you'd do society a favour and run over that Figaro in the background (I have an irrational hatred of those things)?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

I saved this Volvo C70 last summer. It had been parked up on a driveway since 2017 I think due to the cost if insurance and tax.

Anyway, plenty of work done over the last few months, front wishbones, full service (plugs, filters), new windscreen, refreshed tyres, cambekt and water pump, brake fluid changed, front discs, pads and calipers and finally electric windows freed up.

Just needs a good clean and polish for its nct nect week. Very comfortable to sit in and drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭v240gltse

Love those C70's and well done on getting it back on the road. Enjoy

Lovely!

Sometimes I miss my XC70, it was an extremely comfy tank when it worked. To much miles for the tech though and wasn't worth repairing for me. Got shipped off to Lithuania.

I'd LOVE a new S90 estate. Beautiful cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

The outside needed a good polishing. It's not perfect but it's a dam sight better now. NCT this Saturday evening so fingers crossed it's a pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Lovely colour combo on that C70, always thought they were a great looking car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

Fitted new alloys recently, was never a fan of the original style 20" m sport on the G30. Too conservative for me personally. These are the m550i wheels and make a big difference, you can actually see the calipers now!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 theskibag

Hi all,

Here's my 640d. Recently purchased the BMW 666m alloys so they will be going on soon to replace the Ispiri's. Like the bronze wheels but a tyre company here in Galway damaged one and I can't get it powdercoated/painted to match the others so good excuse to get new wheels 😀

Have it nearly two years and love it.

I was driving myself around the bend on done deal since the Cupra went looking for something fun to mess about with. This popped up, bit of a rough diamond, needs some work but that’s exactly what I was looking for.

Original Irish Phase 1 Clio 172. Mechanically it’s pretty sound, getting the belts done to be safe and then onto remedying a few electrical gremlins, a tidy up on the interior and getting it tested.

The plan is to just enjoy it. The paints not great but I’ll remedy that if I’m still loving it in time. It’s a really nice tonic to the overly cocooned modern cars and really puts a smile on your face.

Post edited by GustavoFring on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭passatman86

Nice clio

Id say the megane moves also

• Registered Users Posts: 13,526 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Farewell picture and welcome picture, all in one go. Ms jou's old yoke traded in for her first ever brand new car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^ electric??

Advertisement