Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 6 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I love it, I hope it speaks Japanese everytime you get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

I lovethe quirkiness of it but thought I'd hate it when I first got it. I've been driving it all week and have been converted. It's great, no joy to drive but hugely effortless and so many fun bits in it. It's a 7 seater and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

One of the surprising things about Cubes is that they’re €270 tax from a 1.0 7 seater automatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

This bad boy is a 1.5l spanking out 106hp. Sadly it's all a mute point as its got a CVT transmission. I did get it to overtake a Yaris this evening however., only because the Yaris was going slow.

• Advertisement

Still €270 tax, which for an 08 is way ahead of what we were doing in Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Great day for a proper clean:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Perfect car washing weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Well, what with events since that post, we’ve found what to do with that Mercedes (https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/118667463/#Comment_118667463).

We’re gifting it to a local Ukrainian association this week, they badly need wheels to pick up donations and fetch refugees 👍🏻

Slava Ukraini 🇺🇦

Post edited by ambro25 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,525 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

^^ Heroiam slava!

Fair play to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

8 months in and very pleased with. Have had it serviced once already and it's at around 55k kms now. Such a good car at doing car stuff and still no regrets over going petrol even in the current climate.

Few downfalls, i do find the interior plastics mark very easily and it probably isn't as good on the road as the outgoing Golf, not that you'd be doing much gymkhana shennanigans in an Octavia either way.

Someone gave me a nasty door ding on the drivers door pretty early on in my ownership too which is fairly **** as this is definitely thr straightest car i've ever had but otherwise i couldn't be happier really. Seeing late 40's, early 50's mpg wise depending on conditions and very smooth idling considering it's a 3cyl. Nice and quiet on the road even at motorway speeds. Picked up the missing Skoda high vis and ice scraper!

Unregistered Users

Love the scraper! :-D

However, it's weird place to keep it in, IMO. ;-)

Oh, by the way - those seat adjusting handles sticking out sooooooooo far, always annoyed me, had same in ms jou's touran

Yeah, i wouldn't be using the scraper at all, seems a bit rough of a way to clear the window in our climate but i felt lacking without it.

God be with the days where wveryone wanted a red flare in the passenger footwell and the original chequeree jap mats and stuff. An ice scraper and a high vis in a Skoda is as good as it gets now. The eagle eyed amongst you will see that i've colour coded my charger lead too!

Unregistered Users

Saw that blue cable alright, I'd rather have one colour coded to match interior plastics, but, obviously, each to their own. If you like it, that's fine. :-)

My own car is blue as well, very similar to yours and speaking about colour matching things inside, I was thinking about blue seatbelts, but I'm afraid these would get dirty very quickly (had red seatbelts in my previous car, so I know what I'm talking about).

Seriously sunny today

Knew you wouldn't leave me hanging, best colour on an Octavia! The wheels really make a job of yours.

First day i’ve had a clean car where it’s been fine enough to take a picture!

Few upgrades coming too, been a quiet winter car wise.

Did you wrap you weather strips black or were they always black?

I have the black mirror caps but have been holding off fitting them as i think it might look odd with the chrome?

Nah they came like that, on this uk spec you have to option the chrome trims if you want them.

With the mirror caps, you’d nearly want to be doing the black front grille as well. Not sure how it will look with the chrome window and lower bumper trims, badges etc… where do you stop!

there’s nothing wrong with the way it is now 😀 try the mirrors and see how it looks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Slideways

First long trip in the VRS.

Managed to get 41MPG which is the best by a long shot since I got it. Included some spirited driving once I got inland off the main highway

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

Drove around so many backroads to find this place

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well, I got my i30N for 9ish months. Honeymoon is over, and I am still properly in love with it. First time in months managed to get it out on a nice twisty road and take a picture of it. It's dirty, but I don't care hehe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

That's lovely! I am interested in hearing your review of it! I'm not looking to buy, I am just curious.. 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Regarding i30's not the N model. I was pestered by them today on a trip to Dublin. I passed one i30 then he passed me then I passed him again then he passed me. It wasn't me acting the maggot as I was cruising at 120km/h with cruise control the whole way so I do not know what the hell he was at speeding up and slowing down. And then I seen more and was a bit annoyed each time I seen one as I must have still had that guy on the motorway in my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

To be fair, everything I said about it when I bought it, still stands. It was my affordable dream car. ( Since I discovered it and did my research about it ). So I knew what I am getting in to it.

All in all. I am still fully in love with it. Its a car that can be two completely different cars, not just trying to be one car all the time, if that makes any sense.

If I am tired from work, I just leave it normal mode, so it becomes just a normal hatchback, with decent ride quality, quiet, no drama. In fact, most comfortable car I owned ( not saying its S class Mercedes, just saying that pretty much all of my cars always were... stupid ). Has everything you need: Android Auto, reverse cameras, fully electric seats etc.

When I feel a bit "stupid", I set things all to 11 and it becomes hooligan and 17 years old boyracers wet dream. It roars. Exhaust pops, bangs and shoots, while having a very raspy note. Goes in to corners without any hassle, considering it's pretty heavy car. Rev matching makes the whole experience even more fun. 9 months later it still keeps me giggling like a little girl.

Best part is, you can make custom setting with everything set to 11, but suspension in normal mode. So you still can keep all your teeth, while having some fun on irish roads.

Tl:Dr Its best car I owned so far. Fantastic daily driver and absolutely buckets of fun when and if you want it. It being rare is kind fun in it self. People just don't know what to make of it. 90% just think I reversed in to Halfords and drove off with whatever stuck to it.

Would I buy another N car? Absolutely Yes Yes Yes. Would I buy a normal Huyndai? Ahhhh No....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭passatman86

I see a lovely 130n doing a school run the odd time. Looks quality and the description you posted above is the impression i get from one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eggy81

Advertisement