Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Football League 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

There’s a fair chance we’re watching the greatest ever.

Jesus Christ.

The second coming is real!

Jesus Christ.

The second coming is real!

It’s him or Fenton, but it’s plain to see what a talent he is. Injuries, etc pending of course.

Really is. The game on TG4 YouTube hasn’t missed a beat. RTÉ Player would have crashed 5 times before half time.

Watched the rugby on VM player and it was grand. Not a bother.

Watching election updates on RTÉ player and it's a stuttering piece of ****.

Oddly enough the android app is very good. Though its delay is a lot worse than the web player.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

It’s him or Fenton, but it’s plain to see what a talent he is. Injuries, etc pending of course.

Yeah I think its safe to say that they are the 2 top players in football at the moment.

I've always rated Murphy, Mannion and Dave Moran as being top level but the former 2 have moved ahead

Watched the right on VM player and it was grand. Not a bother.

Watching election updates on RTÉ player and it's a stuttering piece of ****.

Oddly enough the android app is very good. Though its delay is a lot worse than the web player.

Yeah I’ve found the app better in most cases but it’s still not great. Can’t see it getting much better with the financial situation there either.

• Advertisement

Now it's Fenton. Let Clifford achieve something first outside of some minors and a Munster.

Yeah I think its safe to say that they are the 2 top players in football at the moment.

I've always rated Murphy, Mannion and Dave Moran as being top level but the former 2 have moved ahead

They’re serious players, along with the likes of Keegan or McManus or past players like Canavan or McCartan, but there’s something special about those two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Shane Walsh. Remember where you heard the name first.

Now it's Fenton. Let Clifford achieve something first outside of some minors and a Munster.

I know winning it all is a big part of it but individual talent has to beat a part too. That said, it would be a toss up to put him above Fenton on their current trajectories.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Jack Barry has made Fenton look decidedly average anytime they've met. And some people rate Fenton as one of the best ever. Pull the other one

• Advertisement

Jack Barry has made Fenton look decidedly average anytime they've met. And some people rate Fenton as one of the best ever. Pull the other one

If you can’t see Fenton (or Clifford) for the footballer he is then you’re heavily biased.

Shane Walsh. Remember where you heard the name first.

I think everyone has heard of shane walsh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

If you can’t see Fenton (or Clifford) for the footballer he is then you’re heavily biased.

Clifford is a raw natural talent. Will be one of the best ever. Fenton is a great player. But one of the best over? No

• Registered Users Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭munster87

Depends on what Clifford goes on to achieve

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

What about probably the greatest outfield footballer of the last decade James Mc Carthy or Ciaran Kilkenny?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

seligehgit wrote: »
    What about probably the greatest outfield footballer of the last decade James Mc Carthy or Ciaran Kilkenny?:confused:

Mccaffery is up with those guys as well imo. There are very few half backs playing football that you have to game plan for but he is just devastating.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

seligehgit wrote: »

Yeah there's Cluxton but James McCartyh is the best damn player of the last decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,948 ✭✭✭threeball

I think everyone has heard of shane walsh

I think he'll light up the championship this year. He's got the freedom he so badly needed under Joyce.

Speaking of Clifford, something has to be done about this bull****e of both players being booked without question when two of them are battling on the ground. All you have top do now is pin a player on a booking.

threeball wrote:
    I think he'll light up the championship this year. He's got the freedom he so badly needed under Joyce.

Ya Shane Walsh the corner back isn't half as good as Shane Walsh the full forward!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,948 ✭✭✭threeball

Ya Shane Walsh the corner back isn't half as good as Shane Walsh the full forward!!

He was immense today. Doubt there was a more impressive performance this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Speaking of Clifford, something has to be done about this bull****e of both players being booked without question when two of them are battling on the ground. All you have top do now is pin a player on a booking.

Yeah once a player is on a yellow all you have to do is bring in a sub and instruct him to get in to a tangle with said player, automatic two yellows, previously booked player is sent off, job done. Definitely needs to be looked at and more common sense applied.

Bad miss from Murphy at the end there. 77th of 75 minutes too, I wonder had it went over would we have heard the same crying about it as last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

threeball wrote: »
    He was immense today. Doubt there was a more impressive performance this weekend.

His goal in Tralee was worth the entry fee alone. Absolute cracker. He was on fire that night too.

Bad miss from Murphy at the end there. 77th of 75 minutes too, I wonder had it went over would we have heard the same crying about it as last night?

Not from Galway. Boyle got injured for Galway just as the injury time started with a clash of heads. Took a couple of mins to get him sorted before the blood sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭MfMan

Fenton is a very good player made to look even better by playing in a great team. The footballing Shefflin in other words.

MfMan wrote: »
    Fenton is a very good player made to look even better by playing in a great team. The footballing Shefflin in other words.

You're a gas man.

He's more of an athlete and not a raw natural talent I suppose?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,082 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Ciaran Whelan is some . Couldn't wipe the smile off his face on Allianz League Sunday, upon listening to Pat Spillane and reviewing the Meath v Mayo game. Shouldn't be on TV, he was a filthy player.

sligeach wrote: »
    Ciaran Whelan is some ***t. Couldn't wipe the smile off his face on Allianz League Sunday, upon listening to Pat Spillane and reviewing the Meath v Mayo game. Shouldn't be on TV, he was a filthy player.

In fairness to Ciaran, he has about as much personality & insight as a half chewed jambon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

MfMan wrote: »

Ye wha?

Advertisement