Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Football League 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Remember the closing stages of the 2017 final when Mayo were trying to restart and Dublin took virtually every Mayo player down in sync? That’s just one example.

That never happened, it's a myth that gets oft-repeated to the point where it is believed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Monaghan created the added time through diving and substitutions. Good to see that this is being penalised now by added time.
    Where was this mentality when the shoe was on the other foot? Kerry robbed by Joe mcquilan who couldn't wait to blow it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Jaden wrote:
    That never happened, it's a myth that gets oft-repeated to the point where it is believed.

You must have a different TV to the rest of the country.

Jaden wrote: »

Didn’t that boor Kimmage start that one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Didn’t that boor Kimmage start that one?

In fairness now - it wasnt 'started' by Kimmage.
    It did happend - not to the extent of all 15 being pulled down which is where the myth has grown to but there were 4/5 players pulled down or held off the ball.

• Advertisement

Fair play to the few brave folks in Dungannon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

State of Dungannon. Looks dreadful on TV for such a big game. Seen better club grounds at junior level.

Lundstram wrote: »
    State of Dungannon. Looks dreadful on TV for such a big game. Seen better club grounds at junior level.

Was it always fixed for there or was there an issue with Omagh’s pitch late in arrangements? I know some counties like to bring one league game out to a smaller ground.

That’s a fair score from Clifford.

If anyone cares to post the time index of this "event", the whole match is on Youtube - it's easily verified what actually happened.

That's the worrying aspect of this, people have literally rewritten what happened in their heads.

• Advertisement

Was it always fixed for there or was there an issue with Omagh’s pitch late in arrangements? I know some counties like to bring one league game out to a smaller ground.
    Not sure to be honest.

People basically standing in a car park watching the game in those conditions is serious committment.

Was fixed for Omagh but that was declared unplayable - playing the game at all was idiotic to be honest.

That’s a fair score from Clifford.
    Best player in the country and it's not even close. Could watch him all day long.

It’s a lovely looking day at the match in Navan at the minute. Savage crowd too.

Lundstram wrote: »
    Best player in the country and it's not even close. Could watch him all day long.

There’s a fair chance we’re watching the greatest ever.

It’s a lovely looking day at the match in Navan at the minute. Savage crowd too.

33 degrees and the sun splitting the stones couldnt make that sh*thole in Navan look nice.
    One of the worst GAA county grounds I've been to!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

The game is available to view online, would you mind directing me to the time stamp where Dublin suddenly took down the entire Mayo team like some sort of royal rumble

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxVkVzXci6M

• Registered Users Posts: 7,971 ✭✭✭threeball

Disgrace that players have to play in this sh1t. They'll pump 30 million into white elephants in Belfast and won't invest in decent pitches for any county grounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭elefant

Some punishment for a foul for Galway there.

Keeper brings player down for penalty. Black card, so a player down for 10 minutes, and need to use two subs to move keepers on and off. And Donegal score the penalty anyway.

33 degrees and the sun splitting the stones couldnt make that sh*thole in Navan look nice.
    One of the worst GAA county grounds I've been to!

I always liked it myself. It can be a bit nippy up in the stand no matter what the weather but there’s a great surface on it and it’s very handy access.

• Advertisement

threeball wrote: »
    Disgrace that players have to play in this sh1t. They'll pump 30 million into white elephants in Belfast and won't invest in decent pitches for any county grounds.

The Tyrone match? That isn’t a county ground.

Bambi wrote: »
    The game is available to view online, would you mind directing me to the time stamp where Dublin suddenly took down the entire Mayo team like some sort of royal rumble

The David Clarke kick out at the end of that game is probably one of the most pathetic things I've seen in the history of the GAA.

There clearly was holding and wrestling, which any team would have done, but sure Clarke kicked it over the sideline anyway

Bambi wrote: »

Cue tumbleweeds and crickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,971 ✭✭✭threeball

The Tyrone match? That isn’t a county ground.

It had to be moved from a county ground because it was unplayable. If this was playable what was Omagh like. Sh1t pitches up and down the country due to no investment whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭dobman88

Fair play to the few brave folks in Dungannon.

Big enough crowd here. Terrace under the TV cameras is full. Kerry outnumbering Tyrone on this side anyway. Seems to be more locals on the far side. Cannot wait to get back into the car

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Jaden wrote:
    If anyone cares to post the time index of this "event", the whole match is on Youtube - it's easily verified what actually happened.

Jaden wrote:
    That's the worrying aspect of this, people have literally rewritten what happened in their heads.

Did Kilkenny get black carded another Dublin player get booked and Rock immediately push his marker twice knocking him forward?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Meath shooting is the worst in the country. Absolutely pathetic. They should be giving 30 minutes a session to practicing this. You'll beat nobody if you can't score.

dobman88 wrote: »
    Big enough crowd here. Terrace under the TV cameras is full. Kerry outnumbering Tyrone on this side anyway. Seems to be more locals on the far side. Cannot wait to get back into the car

A long bath and a pint would be in order after that.

Meath have fairly pulled this one back.

• Advertisement

Did Kilkenny get black carded another Dublin player get booked and Rock immediately push his marker twice knocking him forward?

Ah, the shuffling sound of goalposts being moved.

We've gone from "Co-ordinated drag down by all the forwards" to something entirely different.

Costello gets booked alright, but he's only on the pitch for a moment, so over enthusiasm can be expected. I reckon at least one of the Mayo backs should have been booked too.

Rock's shove is maybe 5-6 seconds before the kickout was taken.

Kilkenny got involved with someone who has just literally executed one of the most infamous displays of gamesmanship ever seen in a football match - it had nothing to do with the kickout. He deservedly walked for it too. Himself and Keegan were the only two on the ground during this supposed "co-coordinated drag down".

The whole thing is a massively exaggerated fabrication.

Advertisement