Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Statement of Liability 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Do you mean you submitted 100 and 100... Because you'll only get back 20% of that (or 40% for WFH if you pay the higher rate of tax)

I submitted 900 in total for both electricity and broadband so would be around a 100 owed

On my SOL it says at the top a deduction of 95

Further down
    Panel 3 - Deductions
    Remote Working 95

So they are charging me instead of crediting me (I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

siblers wrote: »
    I submitted 900 in total for both so would be around a 100 owed

On my SOL it says at the top a deduction of 95

Further down
    Panel 3 - Deductions
    Remote Working 95

That makes no sense to me

Thats the same as it is in mine. It just means the remote working was deducted from your income before they calculated tax.

Were you on any pandemic payments? Or maybe changed job during the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Thats the same as it is in mine. It just means the remote working was deducted from your income before they calculated tax.

Sorry, scratch that!! I submitted 130 in remote working expenses. And 130 is what's deducted in panel 3 and at the top.

So if they only deducted 95 from yours, not the 900 or whatever, maybe there is an error.

Same job and no pandemic payments for all of 2020

Didn’t receive the remote working payment from my employer either

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cormie35

Hey. Hoping someone here can help me. My sol came back today. Says I owe 656euro even though I thought I'd be getting like 2000 back see I started my job in January and I also got a sign on bonus so let's say my salary is 25k and my sign on bonus is 5. In my first pay in Jan I got my pay plus my 5k sign on bonus which was heavily taxed. Also in my income statement they said I made 30k? I wonder do they think my salary was 30k and don't forget know about my bonus? I couldn't see anywhere to put it a bonus? Also when can you edit the document and try it again. Can't seem to do it

• Advertisement

cormie35 wrote: »
    Hey. Hoping someone here can help me. My sol came back today. Says I owe 656euro even though I thought I'd be getting like 2000 back see I started my job in January and I also got a sign on bonus so let's say my salary is 25k and my sign on bonus is 5. In my first pay in Jan I got my pay plus my 5k sign on bonus which was heavily taxed. Also in my income statement they said I made 30k? I wonder do they think my salary was 30k and don't forget know about my bonus? I couldn't see anywhere to put it a bonus? Also when can you edit the document and try it again. Can't seem to do it

The bonus would be part of the 30k.

I don't think you can resubmit. I can't anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

siblers wrote: »
    The bonus would be part of the 30k.

I don't think you can resubmit. I can't anyway

You can resubmit no issue...just amend and do it again.

Bikerguy wrote: »
    You can resubmit no issue...just amend and do it again.

I'm trying to but won't let me change anything. Will try it again

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cormie35

Thanks I have tried to amend and it would not either

• Registered Users Posts: 26,934 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

For anyone that was on Twss is it showing in your income for last year on the Employment detail summary? Mine isn't, it's also showing a PUP payment of 350, which I was never on until this month and a dsw sick pay for a week which is fine as I was a close contact in my Statement of liability!

I may be wrong but they seem to be including PUP paid in January, I initially thought they had my total PUP incorrect but on checking the total amount coorect only if Jan included, just a thought

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

People who were issued their statements today, had you already completed your tax return for 2020? And if so did you have either PUP or TWSS on it also?

No sign of mine yet. I completed my tax return early Jan and my husband was on PUP for a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

natc wrote: »
    People who were issued their statements today, had you already completed your tax return for 2020? And if so did you have either PUP or TWSS on it also?
    Yes to the first question, about 2 weeks ago and no to the second question, I wasn't on either of those last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

cormie35 wrote: »
    The 5k is a taxable income. It's additional income along with your salary. You were heavily taxed on it because you broke the higher rate that month it was paid. Not sure why you believe it should not be included on income statement.

I've two jobs, they were added together for total income.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

Just got mine this morning.

Balanced

Thank god..

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭mosii

natc wrote: »

No sign of mine yet. I completed my tax return early Jan and my husband was on PUP for a few weeks.

Yes and Yes, twss shows on sol. and so does Pup. You are then taxed at your marginal rate, mine was 20%,they then take your credits away from that ,I ended up 50 euro ,as i had credits from my wife, who is a Homemaker .Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

mosii wrote: »
    Yes and Yes, twss shows on sol. and so does Pup. You are then taxed at your marginal rate, mine was 20%,they then take your credits away from that ,I ended up 50 euro ,as i had credits from my wife, who is a Homemaker .Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply.

When I completed the tax return a couple of weeks ago my husbands PUP wasn’t showing but his other DEASP payments prior to PUP were, so I added that myself. When I look at the tax return now it’s saying it’s not confirmed. I wonder are they waiting on DEASP to confirm it?

Either way I’m expecting to be waiting a few days more before I get mine sorted.

I resubmitted mine even though I already got my SOL.

Looks like my medical expenses weren't included

• Registered Users Posts: 11,998 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

mosii wrote: »

I was on Twss from April-June inclusive, none showing on my SoL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Checked and mine is there, about €2100 of an underpayment. I estimated about €2k and from looking at the details it's correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭mea_k

Still nothing for me. Getting consderibly worried that it will be bill mile long

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

About 2k here

Bollix.

I knew it was coming but still irritating.

About 2k here

Bollix.

I knew it was coming but still irritating.

I think you deserve a €1999.00 discount for that reaction :)

Only kidding and sorry to hear this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

I've been on the PUP since April last year (in the process of getting my truck licence). My Statement of Liability says its balanced. I thought I owed tax due to being on the PUP?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Sono

My wife was on The TWSS from March until her maternity leave in the middle of June, the question I have is, was her boss entitled to claim the TWSS while she was on maternity leave? Thanks.

Sono wrote: »
    My wife was on The TWSS from March until her maternity leave in the middle of June, the question I have is, was her boss entitled to claim the TWSS while she was on maternity leave? Thanks.

Good question and assuming your wife (congratulations) was being paid maternity leave, I'd say possibly, however if she was not and getting maternity benefit, I'd have to say this may serious questions. TWSS should have been documented on her payslips, so the question is was her employer paying her while on maternity leave?

I have 400 euros of broadband receipts for 2020. When I put in 400 for my working from home relief when amending my tax details, it says the amount I'm entering(400) is greater than the value uploaded even though its 400 euros total on the Receipt app

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

Where can one download the rev? I have it on my phone but a friend tried to download it and it's not coming up in the play store

Where can one download the rev? I have it on my phone but a friend tried to download it and it's not coming up in the play store

Receipts Tracker on the Play Store for tracking receipts etc

I use revenue.ie for my SOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

SOL landed some time today (wasn’t there this morning). We had submitted our Income Tax Return for 2020 just over a week ago. €400 refund which is about what I was expecting, so happy enough with that.

• Advertisement

When putting in the figures for the Broadband and Electricity relief. I'm putting in 400 and 500 for each

It's showing on page 4 of the Income Tax Relief screen that I have a Remote Working Relief credit of 96 euros .

Any idea where that 96 is coming from? Is that what's calculated based on my broadband +electricity by the days I've worked at home? Or something else? Cause that's what I'm getting deducted on SOL

Advertisement