Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE2020 *Mod Note in First Post*

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Balagan1

golfball37 wrote: »
    There's a lad called Duffy there claiming to be from Clarecastle who is an ultimate troll. Always makes me laugh knowing fine well he's no more seen the inside of Powers than a Newmarket hurler.

About 10 years ago a handwritten note was inserted in Saturday copies of The Guardian in Ennis and its environs by an individual who had moved to Clare from the UK and who wanted to get a group of fellow expats together for intelligent conversation because he found that the locals were lacking in that department! He was encouraged, pretty strongly, to desist! Every time I see Duffy from Clarecastle's contributions in the poisonous click-bait that is the comments site in The Daily Mail, I wonder if Duffy from Clarecastle is the same person! If so, he's not integrated well over the years!

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Balagan1

Some young lads I work with voted sinn Fein not knowing any of their policies, didn't even realise who the candidate was (thought the candidate was male). This was a protest vote, make no mistake, and anyone who says otherwise is living in a Dreamworld

If her name and her photograph didn't tip them off to her gender and assuming that the young lads don't have learning disabilities, then they are a good argument for raising the voting age back to 21.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Balagan1 wrote: »
    If her name and her photograph didn't tip them off to her gender and assuming that the young lads don't have learning disabilities, then they are a good argument for raising the voting age back to 21.

I know, but you have to realise they don't buy papers to read anymore. I swear to God they knew more in the last two weeks about the goings on on love Island rather than the election candidates. By the same token, they also believe they should be given council houses for sweet FA...... Maybe it's a case of the times, they are a changin, and I'm too old fashioned but I'm not too confident about the future of our country.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

Balagan1 wrote: »
    an individual who had moved to Clare from the UK and who wanted to get a group of fellow expats together for intelligent conversation because he found that the locals were lacking in that department!

To balance, I moved to Clare from UK 22 years ago. My experience is the opposite to the above. It was a relief to meet people who could talk about anything and everything!

Having said that, it's mostly the more intelligent who move here (I don't include myself there…). :D:D:D

Advertisement