Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weekend On One With Brendan O'Connor

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

LOL. And on the Kinehan story, she says "Everybody deserves a second chance".

• Registered Users Posts: 28,819 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

LOL. And on the Kinehan story, she says "Everybody deserves a second chance".
    She was doing so well up to that point!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Cole

Vacuous nonsense so far from both BOC and the head wreck he has on

Plenty of vacuous nonsense every week now.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Squeaky bum for BOC there as Cait wandered into the highly reputable boxing world

I certainly moved closer to the radio for sure! I think she's just bought herself a 90 second delay on future interviews.

Brendan has the most irritating way of saying Cáit's name - Coyyyt.

• Advertisement

Never heard that version of Haunted before - a million times better than the Pogues/Sinéad O'Connor version (which I love)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,287 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Never heard that version of Haunted before - a million times better than the Pogues/Sinéad O'Connor version (which I love)

I agree - never heard it before, prefer it to the SOC version

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

That's the original version which was recorded for the Sid & Nancy soundtrack. I personally prefer the later version with SOC but they are both excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Gary Murphy, Lucinda and Fergus on the panel this morning

No sign of Cayuuut O'Riordan on the podcast. Wonder they pull it?

Such biased reporting from Staunton. "These people decided to take down the statue". Makes it sound like it was brought to the council and then brought down through agreement. They painted it with graffitti and the vandalised it. Every reporter afraid of the woke mob at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

"long overdue conversation" sez he.. A one sided one I'd hazard

• Registered Users Posts: 4,525 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Gary Murphy, Lucinda and Fergus on the panel this morning

For too long Fergus Findlay has been denied the RTE airwaves. :pac::pac::pac:

No, I'm not being serious.

Kinahan mentioned again. Will he deserve a second chance today?

If Fawlty Towers supposedly "has to go", then it is hard to see how they keep Only Fools And Horses.

Maybe along with the 1984 type statements from the Fair City actress delivers about whether you can open your business or not, they could get her to do a follow up message about what shows we are now no longer to allowed to watch?

If Fawlty Towers supposedly "has to go", then it is hard to see how they keep Only Fools And Horses.

Maybe along with the 1984 type statements from the Fair City actress delivers about whether you can open your business or not, they could get her to do a follow up message about what shows we are now no longer to allowed to watch?

! switched over for a couple of minutes during the ad break on Gavan O' Reilly's show and heard BOC and his guest (don't know who she was) trying to introduce a bit of nuance re. the Mighty Boosh...and then wrapping themselves in knots trying to qualify anything they just said. Just don't bother having these conversations/debates if you can't stand by the point you're making.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Brendan has the most irritating way of saying Cáit's name - Coyyyt.

There's a Cáit that texts in regularly to D'Arcy.
    He pronounces it the same way.

'Book irish' my mother would call it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Such biased reporting from Staunton. "These people decided to take down the statue". Makes it sound like it was brought to the council and then brought down through agreement. They painted it with graffitti and the vandalised it. Every reporter afraid of the woke mob at this stage.

the irish media are themselves members of the WOKE mob

• Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

padd b1975 wrote: »
    There's a Cáit that texts in regularly to D'Arcy.
    He pronounces it the same way.

'Book irish' my mother would call it.

Like he pronounces “skaelta” instead of “sshcealtha”

for the news at 4.

Tosser.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,525 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

What did she say bar the jaw dropping line about Kinahan?:D

What's the Elmhurst nurse thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

What's the Elmhurst nurse thing?

She mentioned a story that had appeared in the new york times that a doctor had recorded from inside Elmhurst hospital to show the chaos and talked about the refrigerated trucks they were using as morgues. Thats about it.

Well Brendan had played back the audio of legendary boxing promoter Bob Arum telling us about what a great guy Daniel Kinehan is, and how a lot of people in boxing had reformed themselves after having previously been involved in crime. Brendan took issue with the inference that crime was in his past and not in his present.

While referencing her own difficulties with addiction later in the show, Cait cited this story of Daniel Kinehan (which she had earlier heard Brendan talking about but seemingly had not a Scooby Doo about the truth of the story) and said that she believes that everybody deserves a second chance. :D
    I burst out laughing when she said it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,806 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Good riddance to it. Pity it wasn't nabbed by the caravan utilising nomadic traders and cut up for scrap.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Good riddance to it. Pity it wasn't nabbed by the caravan utilising nomadic traders and cut up for scrap.

I'm confused at this stage - what statue are we talking about here? And when are all those one-sided '98 memorials going to get pulled down as they offend those of us who had relatives piked by the rebels?

Couldn’t believe what I was hearing a few mins ago.

BOC now resorting to scolding ppl who’ve texted in with menace.

It wasn’t even an overly critical text ffs

Surely it would be better served just going to therapy with his family privately if he must sort this out in his head. I mean this is the same guy who was giving out about the public nature of his firing from The Breakfast Show, and now he is using his public profile to promote his play which is throwing his mother (who is a private individual) under the bus.

Who is this guy currently on?

He’s acting as if he is a household celebrity that everyone knows

Who is this guy currently on? He’s acting as if he is a household celebrity that everyone knows

Keith Walsh ex 2FM presenter

Keith Walsh ex 2FM presenter

Honestly have never heard of him til now

Surely it would be better served just going to therapy with his family privately if he must sort this out in his head. I mean this is the same guy who was giving out about the public nature of his firing from The Breakfast Show, and now he is using his public profile to promote his play which is throwing his mother (who is a private individual) under the bus.

I had to switch over when he came out with the statement that kids were second class citizens in 80s Ireland. Maybe I could have waited for him to develop/explain that point, but I could just see the whole thing going into a bit of a pseudo intellectual psychoanalysis,,,from a DJ

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Who is this guy currently on?

He’s acting as if he is a household celebrity that everyone knows
    his therapist needs to tell him ' NO ONE EVER HEARD OF YOU ' and he'll be grand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

now he has the diet -nazi on to bother people about weight on a saturday morning when people want to chill a bit , this show is becoming a bit of a disaster .

Advertisement