Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meghan & Harry: WE QUIT

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Load of balls :pac:
    What does it exactly mean? He is minted. He is a royal despite whatever he may say. Even if he loses his money he'll just tap the royal family or his brother / father for some money.

Doesn't mean a thing.

He'll hardly need to tap anybody. She is worth 5 million and he inherited 13 million, with an annual investment profit of 450,000 per annum.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,299 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

He'll hardly need to tap anybody. She is worth 5 million and he inherited 13 million, with an annual investment profit of 450,000 per annum.

I think one of her engagement dresses cost over €60k. If they carry on at that rate. They might.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Seems like Harry, who used to be very close to his brother and sister in law, is now completely estranged from them and the rest of the family. I wonder what really happened.

Wonder if Wills ever calls him Harry Hewitt to wind him up. :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

I think one of her engagement dresses cost over €60k. If they carry on at that rate. They might.

This stuff is sponsored, like Oscars gowns. If the fashion house is named, the garment is gifted or rented and not bought full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

strandroad wrote: »
    This stuff is sponsored, like Oscars gowns. If the fashion house is named, the garment is gifted or rented and not bought full price.

How can a garment be worth that much money in the first place?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭Winning_Stroke

I used to think Harry was alright but his recent stuff does give the impression that herself is steering the ship now. Ah well, won't be the last lad that happens to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Sardonicat wrote: »

It's a status symbol, it's showcased on an Oscars actress or a celebrity and therefore marketed to petrodollars or financier milieus who will pay whatever is required.

strandroad wrote: »
    It's a status symbol, it's showcased on an Oscars actress or a celebrity and therefore marketed to petrodollars or financier milieus who will pay whatever is required.

It's disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

But that's the point. He's minted.
    So what does "leaving" the Royal family mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,294 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Load of balls :pac:
    What does it exactly mean? He is minted. He is a royal despite whatever he may say. Even if he loses his money he'll just tap the royal family or his brother / father for some money.

Doesn't mean a thing.

I don't get it... Is he no longer a prince? Surely this is just meaningless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I saw an interview with somebody recently (possibly Guggi) who said they had met Lady Gaga once in a smoking area in LA. The person noticed something strange about her fake eyelashes, but then realised that there was diamonds in them.

That's how stuff can be worth a lot more than they should...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

But that's the point. He's minted.
    So what does "leaving" the Royal family mean?

She can go back to Suits and he can pop on for the odd cameo playing 'English aristocrat in need of lawyer'.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

Surely this is not true lol :rolleyes:

Prince Harry and Meghan trademarked their Sussex Royal brand on more than 100 items including pencils, socks and bookmarks more than six months ago.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7868315/Prince-Harry-Meghan-Markle-trademarked-100-items.html

• Registered Users Posts: 67,112 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

She can go back to Suits and he can pop on for the odd cameo playing 'English aristocrat in need of lawyer'.

I gave up on Suits, what happened to her character in it? Did she live happily ever after?

I gave up on Suits, what happened to her character in it? Did she live happily ever after?

She married a prince in the end...

• Registered Users Posts: 67,112 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Surely this is not true lol :rolleyes:

Prince Harry and Meghan trademarked their Sussex Royal brand on more than 100 items including pencils, socks and bookmarks more than six months ago.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7868315/Prince-Harry-Meghan-Markle-trademarked-100-items.html

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112204602&postcount=200

• Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Netflix are loving all this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

paw patrol wrote: »
    she seems toxic
    falls out with her friends , ditches her family , makes her husband give up his mates and now his family.

any critical opinion of her is racist :rolleyes:

She doesn't fall out with her friends from what I can tell, they are supporting her now? Her own family are incredibly toxic, from the way they have staged photos with the press, revealed personal matters, name called, judged and criticized... go over into the personal issues board here and you'll see many people going through these same issues with family and instead of accusing posters of "ditching families," they are encouraged to mind their mental health and instill what's called a healthy BOUNDARY on their toxic family. Now her father is out commenting on it all once again, he just can't keep his mouth shut.
    And as for Prince Harry, all this suggesting Meghan is "making" him do certain things is a huge insult. Basically saying he has no mind of his own, has no idea what he's doing when he himself has come out hitting hard against the media for treating her the way his mum was treated.
    When it comes down to it, why should Meghan be criticized? But she is and they are, for everything. For falling in love, for marrying, and having the audacity to try and make a difference where they can and live life their way. Sure they know things behind the curtain that no one else is privy to... it all alludes and points to a great amount of harm and they're right to break away from a stuffy, old fashioned and out dated, harmful institution. It sounds like it's not a full break, just a partial break honoring their commitments while honoring their own values and goals. Nothing wrong with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,314 ✭✭✭✭Penn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Boredstiff666

I used to think Harry was alright but his recent stuff does give the impression that herself is steering the ship now. Ah well, won't be the last lad that happens to.

My Mrs wants to know exactly what you mean by this.:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

I don't really give two hoots about the Royals, but I really enjoying imagining the anti-Megan rage that some of the UK tabloids must be consumed with now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Boredstiff666

boombang wrote: »
    I don't really give two hoots about the Royals, but I really enjoying imagining the anti-Megan rage that some of the UK tabloids must be consumed with now.

Piers Morgan classic headline in the Daily Mail website. I get the impression he isn't fond of the dynamic duo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

This announcement doesn't seem to mean much at all really. If they are not giving up their titles and house and money they receive from the taxpayers what's it all about? Is it just that they'll be having one very long holiday every year instead of lots of little ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

This announcement doesn't seem to mean much at all really. If they are not giving up their titles and house and money they receive from the taxpayers what's it all about? Is it just that they'll be having one very long holiday every year instead of lots of little ones.

I want to be financially independent, so i'll just hang on to this mountain of money, the mansion(s) of course, and i suppose the 24 hour armed guards, but after that - i'm just one of the boys, ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

I want to be financially independent, so i'll just hang on to this mountain of money, the mansion(s) of course, and i suppose the 24 hour armed guards, but after that - i'm just one of the boys, ok!

You'd feel a little sorry for them alright though. They've only got £35 million between them so I suppose they need all the taxpayers money they can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Kate will be a great queen, she's beautiful too.

She knows what side her bread is buttered on, that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

Asitis2019 wrote: »
    Internal communication protocols.

Got a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

Liz and Co should change the name to the Royle Family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

The obsession of the forelock tugging Irish with the British royals - many of whom aren't even British - is rather strange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭moritz1234

Meghan has been a target of the British press because she is:

1.Black
    2.American
    3.A Woman

They will now crucify her!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement