Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meghan & Harry: WE QUIT

Options

Comments

#MEAGANSIMPSON :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Wow. Prince Andrew has been cancelled, now we have Mexit. I wonder if interest will wane, my English friends are all pro royal though, they love them.

I'd say prince Andrew is secretly delighted he's not the main royal story.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,937 ✭✭✭pgj2015

best of luck to them, harry seems like a sound guy unlike william who is said to have had an affair with kates friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

amacca wrote: »
    I had to raise an eyebrow at the becoming "financially independent" line

As if they wouldn't be without having to lift a finger even after severing all ties.

Don't be cynical. He has his footmen sending out his CV as we speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭CFlat

I could never understand some people's obsession with the Royal family in this country.

It's truly baffling.

And yet here you are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

bitofabind wrote: »
    Predictable? Or will live to regret it?

https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/1214979436396855296

I knew from the get go she gives toothy head.. but there's more to life than fellatio. I'm not throwing in the towel yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Obviously they thought married royal life would be something very different as I doubt they'd have taken the Sussex titles when they got married if they had planned this at that time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

CFlat wrote: »
    And yet here you are.

On Boards.ie like yourself, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

Harry wants out because Willy has been putting his willy where he shouldn't have been and has been caught out. Harry is not happy with big brother about this.
    The royal family are throwing huge amounts of money at the media outlets to keep the stories out of the news. This will explode into the papers in the near future.

idnkph wrote: »
    Harry wants out because Willy has been putting his willy where he shouldn't have been and has been caught out. Harry is not happy with big brother about this.

But I'm the eldest brother. I jumped the gun there, this thread is obviously about the other shower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,768 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

for my sins was looking at Daily Mail , they made a public appearance at some hospital or something.

I was thinking she looked stunning, for some reason read the comments. It was pure hatred and vile comments.

Was bizarre, you read it going England is disturbing, their media is completely out of control and the people have lowered themselves to that level.

You can completely understand Brexit when you read comments on the Daily Mail.

She is a ride , he seen what the media did to his mother and they are doing exactly the same to her .

Fair play to them.

Fair play to him, enjoy his marriage , a cracker .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

amacca wrote: »
    I had to raise an eyebrow at the becoming "financially independent" line

As if they wouldn't be without having to lift a finger even after severing all ties.

Maybe they'll get jobs in Pizza Express in Woking.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 16,358 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Maybe they'll get jobs in Pizza Express in Woking.

Let's just hope they won't sweat.

Let's just hope they won't sweat.

They ride their cousins usually, so all heartbreak aside it's quite pragmatic of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

I think when Duchess Meghan discovers that pleb folk don't curtsy to her in Canada and she won't be able to insist on a no common people near her zone, as she did at Wimbledon last year, she will soon get sick of her emasculated Harry.
    Are they also giving up their titles?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭Shelga

Delighted for them, it’s great they’ve actually done it. I only wish they had gone the whole hog and renounced their titles/made it completely final, but that will probably be the next stage. Also would have seemed extra severe to do that now, if the other royals haven’t been told.

You have one life to live, and they clearly feel that being full-time royals in the UK is intolerable. The way Meghan is treated is shameful. Vile. Bullying, pure and simple. I heard Iain Dale on the radio earlier, saying “what explicitly racist things has the media done to her”- give me a goddamn break. Of course they don’t splash overtly racist headlines about her, but they’ll happily link her to negative issues (the avocado headline, anyone??) and criticise her in a far more vicious way than they do to Kate, and then let the hatemongers spew their bile in the comments section.

That, 5-10 times a day on their website- never mind all the abuse she gets across hundreds of other media outlets. People over there think they own them as human beings. The pathetic low lifes who comment on the Daily Mail website are truly the dregs of humanity.

Would be great if this, along with the Andrew scandal, precipitated the end of the royal family. Between that and Brexit, the British identity would truly be smashed to pieces.

Duchess Megan had some ideas what her place would be, but the. Reality didn't live up to those ideas..
    So she has now persuaded a member of the royal family to turn his back on his life & family
    Will be interesting to see how long it lasts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

So Meghan convinces Harry to leave the Royal family, while I struggle to convince a man to go for a drink!!!

Harry appears completely smitten by an actress who has fallen of with her family and friends, and now he's doing the same. Princess Andrew must be delighted he's no longer the focus of attention.

Expect divorce within 5 years when she's finished with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Treppen wrote: »
    He's not of the queen's lineage anyway.
    Hewett and all that.

Even the queen isn't of the queen's lineage.
    There's been so much jiggery pokery and affairs and German cousin fcking in that family it could be an episode of brookside.

Some experts did track the lineage back, the bloodline King of England is a sheep farmer in Australia apparently.

Even one of our own was giving one of the queen's a sneaky knobbing at one stage. An Irish soldier, iirc.

Affairs and cousin fcking, just like the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

pc7 wrote: »
    I don’t get this argument, the amount of tourism the royals bring into UK is massive. I would have thought they are well covering their costs.

I've never ever bought this line of arguement. When's the last time you booked a flight to a country because they had a nice royal family?

France is the most touristed country in the world and they lopped head off Louis XVI.

I enjoyed Versailles perfectly nicely.

• Advertisement

Treppen wrote: »
    He's not of the queen's lineage anyway.
    Hewett and all that.

Sure wasn't the other bastard fathered by Will Carling so I guess that puts Andrew back to the front of the queue. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

For anyone lamenting the "breaking up" of the Royal institution- how is it relevant anyway? They are a family that are celebrated the world over despite not having achieved anything apart from being born. Why are they important? Who really cares if England has a royal family or not?

Have to laugh at the "working" to become financially independent bit though- what does that even mean? "We'll still accept money until such time as we deem it necessary not to anymore". So, nothing, really. I honestly don't mind either of them but they do come out with some utter sh*te sometimes- spinning having less children as doing their bit for climate change when they are aunt and uncle to three. That was a sly enough dig. Also no strangers to private jets.

As regards Kate having an easier go of it than Meghan, I don't think she did. At the time William and Kate became an item it was all "She was groomed from birth for this" and "Sure her mother's only a trolley dolly". Obviously some sections of the public are making derogatory comments about Meghan's race and that is frankly disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Tuned on Sky news last night at 10.30 last night for the paper review. The 2 men (think one was from the mail) tore Harry and Meghan to bits. Even the presenter was shocked at their rants. No wonder they are looking to get out

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

So Meghan convinces Harry to leave the Royal family, while I struggle to convince a man to go for a drink!!!

Harry appears completely smitten by an actress who has fallen of with her family and friends, and now he's doing the same. Princess Andrew must be delighted he's no longer the focus of attention.

Expect divorce within 5 years when she's finished with him.

He’s no longer “Prince Harry”, he’s “Meghan Markle’s husband” , she seems like one of those controlling women that separates her man from his mates and family.

I'd give it 5 years too!

https://twitter.com/ajplus/status/1214985449648902149

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Probably wearing similar nazi uniforms.

Philip fought against Nazism as a young man.

That's the real Nazis, not someone who doesn't agree with your world view to the letter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Boredstiff666

Shelga wrote: »
    Delighted for them, it’s great they’ve actually done it. I only wish they had gone the whole hog and renounced their titles/made it completely final, but that will probably be the next stage. Also would have seemed extra severe to do that now, if the other royals haven’t been told.

You have one life to live, and they clearly feel that being full-time royals in the UK is intolerable. The way Meghan is treated is shameful. Vile. Bullying, pure and simple. I heard Iain Dale on the radio earlier, saying “what explicitly racist things has the media done to her”- give me a goddamn break. Of course they don’t splash overtly racist headlines about her, but they’ll happily link her to negative issues (the avocado headline, anyone??) and criticise her in a far more vicious way than they do to Kate, and then let the hatemongers spew their bile in the comments section.

That, 5-10 times a day on their website- never mind all the abuse she gets across hundreds of other media outlets. People over there think they own them as human beings. The pathetic low lifes who comment on the Daily Mail website are truly the dregs of humanity.

What a load of old tosh. I have never seen any as you say 'racist' remarks about her just justified criticism.

She put herself there. If you put yourself there expect criticism it goes with the job as a 'celeb' instead of playing the part of a royal.

As regards you condemning people who criticise her/them. They take millions from the taxpayer every year and cost many millions more in security.........If I was paying for that I would reserve the right to criticise what I like even down to the colour of their socks............simply because 'I' pay for it.............It's my money and 'I' will say what 'I' want.

They don't like it then get out of the job and f*ck off.........Trouble is they will still be taking millions from the tax payer when they do this so the tax payer can continue to say what they like about her/them.

When they dont take or cost the tax payer a penny and all is paid back what they have been given (property etc) then they may have some kind of case in how they are criticised by some.........until they day comes........live with it because you put yourself there nobody else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Fair play to them tbh. It can't have been an easy decision and I'm sure no matter how they'd announced it, they would've been ripped to shreds. Hopefully they'll be able to give their son a somewhat more normal life now, without having to fall in with royal protocols and regulations every step of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Fair play to them tbh. It can't have been an easy decision and I'm sure no matter how they'd announced it, they would've been ripped to shreds. Hopefully they'll be able to give their son a somewhat more normal life now, without having to fall in with royal protocols and regulations every step of the way.

All fair enough, but if I were a British /Commonwealth taxpayer I'd be saying 'no half measures sunshine, no more titles, no more royal household, no more trains, planes and automobiles, no more grace and favour accommodation. You are now the equivalent of Mr Peter Phillips, son of Princess Anne, who works and earns as a civvy and whose example you would do well to follow. Arise Mr and Mrs Henry Windsor of Nowheresville, Canada'.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

They'll set up a sham charity like the Clinton foundation and pay themselves millions. She will eventually leave him because actors are flakey and he'll live out his life dating women half his age

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

This is huge news. Stop the press.
    Some who does very little is deciding to do less.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement