Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meghan & Harry: WE QUIT

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    America loves the UK royals

Americans seem to like the UK royal weddings and the whole idea of it from a distance. I think harry might get a land when his dad becomes king because its one think being the grandson of a British monarch and being outside the firm, but I can’t see him being allowed to do what he’s doing now when his father becomes king. That’s just my guess. And to be fair I can understand both William and Harry not being massive fans of the media given that they were blamed in part for causing their mothers death but the UK press deference to the royal family in the UK is a shield which Harry and meghan don't have in America.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,888 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Never had much time for ger since
    she let slip/ announced she was pregnant at another royals wedding - shameless. Just been watching Phil Spencers Stately Houses in channel 4 player & it really has now struck me - all those other supremely wealthy and well
    connected Dukes and Duchesses - not one had anything to do with her or made friends with her or made any kind of offer of friendship with her - speaks volumes.

So you have not had time for her since around June this year then? All fine until the last few months?

Does it speak volumes about her or volumes about them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

I think Harry has gotten a free pass from the monarchy because of what happened to his mum. I really don’t think had she lived, he’d have been allowed to marry Megan or leave the institution.
    I think though, they need to give up this duke and duchess crap, if they want to be really just normal they need to give all that royal stuff up. I think she thought what she was getting into and what she ended up being were 2 different things.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Who cares really? The RF has been out of the picture for months now and no one missed them, but the UK still has to pay for them.

Just had to drop a comment in but I couldn't care less about any of their narcissistic antics anyway. Feck them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,585 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I wonder what they'll do if the queen dies during the pandemic? A big state funeral will be impossible.

A nice, cheery thought for a Friday night. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

How do you know all of this?

I'm not a fan of Megan Markle but we haven't a clue what went on a Princess Beatrice's wedding or what friendships Megan had or didn't have.

It's strange the certainty some people seem to have regarding her experiences as a member of the Royal family.

So your insights come as a royal insider do they?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,173 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

WE QUIT, but they now want back in on the 'Celeb' game again.

Pains in the h0le the 2 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,616 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

cnocbui wrote: »
    I have seen nothing to suggest the US media intends a merciless hate campaign against the Sussexes as has been spearheaded by the Daily Mail.

No not yet but give it time and the US media will eventually have the knives out for them.

The typical tabloid media cycle is to spend a couple of years of building them up with fawning uncritical coverage and initially the build up phase sells lots of newspapers and magazines for a while. But as interest wanes and sales go down a memo then goes around the tabloid machine that having been responsible for building them up its now time to chop them down. And from that their sales get boosted with the fall out, salacious stories, scandals, whatever sells newspapers. Its all about the sales for them, get them by building them up and then double them by chopping them down again.

At that point the tabloid media lose access to any interviews so instead they just make stuff up to fill pages 'a source close to Meghan said XYZ'. It will all be lies but the tabloids can get away with it by quoting anonymous sources to make up their stories. Harry and Meghan will have no control over the narrative and the media will write what they want and whatever sells copy. There will be no point in Harry and Meghan throwing around court cases about it either like they did in the UK because the First Amendment gives the American media an extremely high level of freedom of speech.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

I wonder what they'll do if the queen dies during the pandemic? A big state funeral will be impossible.

A nice, cheery thought for a Friday night. :p

Just chop her up into lots of pieces, like they did with william wallace, and bring a little bit of queen liz to every corner of the nation so people can come out and pay their respects! :D

Or shoot her corpse out of a cannon, that would be proper medieval knights of the realm type sh!t... :pac:

Just chop her up into lots of pieces, like they did with william wallace, and bring a little bit of queen liz to every corner of the nation so people can come out and pay their respects! :D

Or shoot her corpse out of a cannon, that would be proper medieval knights of the realm type sh!t... :pac:

Medieval knights didn't have canons. You are thinking of something the British in India used to do with owners of the country who objected to their notion of who owned it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭hamburgham

Never had much time for ger since
    she let slip/ announced she was pregnant at another royals wedding - shameless. Just been watching Phil Spencers Stately Houses in channel 4 player & it really has now struck me - all those other supremely wealthy and well
    connected Dukes and Duchesses - not one had anything to do with her or made friends with her or made any kind of offer of friendship with her - speaks volumes.

The engagement interview was enough for me. Dripping with insincerity, she just wanted someone who was "kind" . LOL. Then the photograph straight after where she was in the white coat standing beside Harry with her back arched. It was the pose of a lottery winner not someone who was deeply in love.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

This is a great decision. Purely because it pisses off the little englander types.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 962 ✭✭✭irishblessing

screamer wrote: »
    I wish them the best, but for 2 people who have turned their backs on their own families, I dunno, they don’t give me the warm and fuzzies.

Pretty sure you have that the wrong way round.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Harry has got her working anyway ! The way he was hawking her around to the Film Mogul, I figured he must be getting desperate by now. He has her back in the Game Anyway.

Really surprised just how much money they’re reported to have got from Netflix- will there really be much interest in the soft focus tree hugging documentaries they will make?

Really surprised just how much money they’re reported to have got from Netflix- will there really be much interest in the soft focus tree hugging documentaries they will make?

Given how obsessed the DM is in them, I'd say the interest must be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,325 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

[HTML][/HTML]

I'm nearly expecting a boycott campaign to be started in the UK.

I'm hoping it might be like her appearance in The war at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

• Registered Users Posts: 19,616 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah was surprised by the reported £100m fee myself. They'll definitely be off to Africa to talk to some elephants and no doubt to re-trace Dianas steps through some fields of land mines.

But its hard to see their longevity beyond stuff like that. Its not as if we're going to get episodes of Harry having tea with Philip who is ranting on about the darkies or Meghan asking Andrew about his favourite parties with Epstein.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    yeah was surprised by the reported £100m fee myself. They'll definitely be off to Africa to talk to some elephants and no doubt to re-trace Dianas steps through some fields of land mines.

But its hard to see their longevity beyond stuff like that. Its not as if we're going to get episodes of Harry having tea with Philip who is ranting on about the darkies or Meghan asking Andrew about his favourite parties with Epstein.
    I reckon Meghan would be indiscreet for the Right Dough !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

Yeah I reckon they'll get the ratings initially just because of who they are, but when everyone realises it's just the two of them on a White Saviour mission traipsing across darkest Africa and then sauntering back to their Beverly Hills mansion, the yanks will bore of them fairly swiftly too.

I reckon Meghan will bore of obedient hubby too now that he doesn't have his status to lord over her anymore. I get the sense she's the pants wearer in that relationship.

bitofabind wrote: »
    Yeah I reckon they'll get the ratings initially just because of who they are, but when everyone realises it's just the two of them on a White Saviour mission traipsing across darkest Africa and then sauntering back to their Beverly Hills mansion, the yanks will bore of them fairly swiftly too.

I reckon Meghan will bore of obedient hubby too now that he doesn't have his status to lord over her anymore. I get the sense she's the pants wearer in that relationship.
    If Meghan ditches Harry the Lamb then she can blow the Gaff with all she knows.

Look out Harry the Lamb.

I mean, Netflix must have some confidence in the content they will produce. But, still, flops do happen, TV shows are cancelled, films lose money. I think it's a big gamble. How much the banner of 'Harry and Meghan' will actually be worth and will it translate into sustained viewership is an unknown quantity.

I mean, Netflix must have some confidence in the content they will produce. But, still, flops do happen, TV shows are cancelled, films lose money. I think it's a big gamble. How much the banner of 'Harry and Meghan' will actually be worth and will it translate into sustained viewership is an unknown quantity.
    Especially if they start whinging about how hard they have it ! !:eek:

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I assumed that much of the work involved will actually be done by talented folk in the industry with them just as talking heads reading off a script written for them.

Did anyone here read the Totally-Not-Authorised biography? I was on the fence about them and even gave them the benefit of the doubt for a lot of the stories but that book was laughably awful. I could not find a single critical moment of Meghan in it.

blinding wrote: »
    Especially if they start whinging about how hard they have it ! !:eek:

Yeah, that will not play well. Especially with the world as it is at the moment, with a great many people badly affected by the pandemic in so many different ways. It will be like Sam Smith crying in his mansion because he was finding lockdown so hard. Yes, Sam, it's hard for everyone. So, yeah, Harry and Meghan will want to be careful there.

Neyite wrote: »
    I assumed that much of the work involved will actually be done by talented folk in the industry with them just as talking heads reading off a script written for them.

Right, but even with all that help, like I said TV shows and films fail all the time, with a huge amount of experience and money behind them. It's not a guarantee of success. I'm sure netflix are hoping that they will be a, shudder, brand that will draw in an audience.
    Did anyone here read the Totally-Not-Authorised biography? I was on the fence about them and even gave them the benefit of the doubt for a lot of the stories but that book was laughably awful. I could not find a single critical moment of Meghan in it.

No, who wrote it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

haha philip is gas, i remember i was in oz years ago when he asked a group of abbo's were they still throwing spears at each other !
    obviously no harm intended most grandads might say something similar

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

wrote:
    Obvious Desperate Breakfasts;114565941]Right, but even with all that help, like I said TV shows and films fail all the time, with a huge amount of experience and money behind them. It's not a guarantee of success. I'm sure netflix are hoping that they will be a, shudder, brand that will draw in an audience.

I think so. The Obamas had a very successful series and this is intended to replicate their successes but I don't think these two can pull off what the Obamas did. Unfortunately I don't think that H&M are as bright or as interesting.
    wrote:
    No, who wrote it?
    Nobody I've heard of :p It's pretty much everything that was ever in the press but from their point of view, and in such detail that they had to have collaborated extensively with the authors. Some are saying that much of it is reminiscent of the writing style of Meghans blog but I never read that so I wouldn't know.

• Advertisement

haha philip is gas, i remember i was in oz years ago when he asked a group of abbo's were they still throwing spears at each other !
    obviously no harm intended most grandads might say something similar
    Nothing wrong with checking. ya’d feel a right ejit if they were and you hadn’t asked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement