Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meghan & Harry: WE QUIT

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,728 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Hollywood is an absolute kip.

If I were them, I would have stayed in Vancouver. Mind you, when you have that sort of money, your place of residence isn't the same as for more ordinary folk, as such people usually own properties in multiple locales and flit between them as suits.

Sussex Scandal Update:

Harry sleeps NUDE in an oxygen tent which he believes gives him SEXUAL powers!

I really must try that! What have I been missing out on all these years?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Hollywood is an absolute kip.

The one in America

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Muahahaha wrote: »
    The whole of LA is a kip, the smog is so thick theres some days you cant even see the Hollywood sign.
    Are you sure thats not just bile fumes leaking from the orifices of celebrities:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

This is all very upsetting.

• Advertisement

Do they Keep the Private Jet Ticking Over out back on the off chance they fancy a flight ? ?

blinding wrote: »
    Do they Keep the Private Jet Ticking Over out back on the off chance they fancy a flight ? ?

They don't have one. Elton John lent them his.

cnocbui wrote: »
    They don't have one. Elton John lent them his.
    Very generous of him . Is it Green or Electric. How many has he got ?

Takes a while for the aviation fuel wans to warm up.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The one in America

Its nowhere near as nice as the Hollywood in Wicklow

blinding wrote: »
    Very generous of him . Is it Green or Electric. How many has he got ?

Takes a while for the aviation fuel wans to warm up.

If you are worried about the use of private jets because they aren't green, you might do better to focus your attention on Elon Musk's use of his.

• Advertisement

cnocbui wrote: »
    If you are worried about the use of private jets because they aren't green, you might do better to focus your attention on Elon Musk's use of his.

I am no fan of Elon Musk. Calling somebody Paedo guy and getting away with it because the court case was in California. Musk must be a bit of a paedo guy himself ( if its good enough for Elon then its good enough for me to use about him )

Did he mouth off about the Corona Virus as well ? ? ?

Meghan and Harry should just hitch around with Elon Musk if he is in the air that much ! !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,175 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

https://news.sky.com/story/harry-and-meghan-reveal-the-name-of-their-new-charitable-organisation-11969677

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have announced plans to launch a new charitable organisation named Archewell that aims to "to do something that matters".
    The couple also revealed their son Archie's name was inspired by the Greek word "Arche", which means source of action.

well done them

https://news.sky.com/story/harry-and-meghan-reveal-the-name-of-their-new-charitable-organisation-11969677

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have announced plans to launch a new charitable organisation named Archewell that aims to "to do something that matters".
    The couple also revealed their son Archie's name was inspired by the Greek word "Arche", which means source of action.

well done them
    Patron Saint of Private Jets , perhaps !

• Registered Users Posts: 85,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Harry and Meghan sign Netflix deal

• Registered Users Posts: 30,204 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Harry and Meghan sign Netflix deal

There was me thinking they were shy and wanted no attetion!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

Jeez they can't win can they. If they didn't people would be claiming that they don't work.

wyrn wrote: »
    Jeez they can't win can they. If they didn't people would be claiming that they don't work.

I never said anything like that. I have no issues with the Royal family. I like them to be honest.
    I was just under the impression that they wanted to get away from the limelight to raise their family in peace. So I didn’t expect them to move to L.A and bring out a series on Netflix. I just feel they don’t know what they want.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I never said anything like that. I have no issues with the Royal family. I like them to be honest.
    I was just under the impression that they wanted to get away from the limelight to raise their family in peace. So I didn’t expect them to move to L.A and bring out a series on Netflix. I just feel they don’t know what they want.

The royal family has a rota agreement with the press, which includes the Daily Mail. H&M, after all the mudslinging from that publication in particular didn't want to engage with them but were told that as royals, they didn't get to dictate which publications they would interact with or not. By leaving the duties of royal life, this gave them back the ropes on the press and they don't have to engage with publications who have published embellished, hateful racist stuff about them.

They wanted to be free of the (many) rules of royal life and royal duties. I don't think they ever wanted to not be celebs and capitalise on that status.

If they wanted a quiet life and privacy they could have moved somewhere like Utah to a ranch and not be seen for years. Moving in next door to Oprah and Ellen would not suggest they ever wanted the quiet life.

They are also probably burning through their own cash - the new gaff and security to name just two. Charles's income from the Duchy of Cornwall or the crown were bankrolling them until they left so will need to find ways to earn an income to replace the royal one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

I think it's another step in becoming self-employed

She is an actress

• Advertisement

I just feel they don’t know what they want.

Oh I would think she knows exactly what she wants!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭screamer

I think poor old Harry is making a right bed for himself. He seems hellbent in protecting his family from the media, maybe due to his mother’s untimely demise. But the funny thing is William seems we’ll able to balance the press and private life...... anyways, making Netflix movies, and moving to California are not things that scream quiet life..... As it was reported Harry told his grandmother what Megan wants, Megan gets....
    They want their privileged life, they just need to find a way to pay for it. What better way to get free PR and launch their careers than breaking away from the royal family.

She is an actress

I honestly thought they wanted to step away from the media and public eye for a good while. I say they are going to get torn apart by the media more than ever over the next few years.

I honestly thought they wanted to step away from the media and public eye for a good while. I say they are going to get torn apart by the media more than ever over the next few years.

Course they are..... whatever power the royal family wielded over the uk press, the Sussex’s have none of that over the US press.

America loves the UK royals

• Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭Be right back

America loves the UK royals

I think they would prefer royals that are working, not ones that step down from royal duties!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Never had much time for ger since
    she let slip/ announced she was pregnant at another royals wedding - shameless. Just been watching Phil Spencers Stately Houses in channel 4 player & it really has now struck me - all those other supremely wealthy and well
    connected Dukes and Duchesses - not one had anything to do with her or made friends with her or made any kind of offer of friendship with her - speaks volumes.

screamer wrote: »
    Course they are..... whatever power the royal family wielded over the uk press, the Sussex’s have none of that over the US press.

I have seen nothing to suggest the US media intends a merciless hate campaign against the Sussexes as has been spearheaded by the Daily Mail.

It's really odd that the Daily Mail is owned by one Jonathan Harmsworth, 4th Viscount Rothermere. You don't get the paparazzi stalking his and his familie's every move and putting as much negative spin on them as possible.

It would be nice to actually see that happen and for him and his to cop some of what they are so keen to dish out to others. But the media tends not to comment negatively on media owners. When Rupert Murdoch got divorced from Wendy Deng, media coverage was noticeably lacking the kind of attention such events normally attract.

Never had much time for ger since
    she let slip/ announced she was pregnant at another royals wedding - shameless. Just been watching Phil Spencers Stately Houses in channel 4 player & it really has now struck me - all those other supremely wealthy and well
    connected Dukes and Duchesses - not one had anything to do with her or made friends with her or made any kind of offer of friendship with her - speaks volumes.

How do you know all of this?

I'm not a fan of Megan Markle but we haven't a clue what went on a Princess Beatrice's wedding or what friendships Megan had or didn't have.

It's strange the certainty some people seem to have regarding her experiences as a member of the Royal family.

• Advertisement

I wish them the best, but for 2 people who have turned their backs on their own families, I dunno, they don’t give me the warm and fuzzies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement