Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meghan & Harry: WE QUIT

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

I’m finding the idea of a kerfuffle over a tiara mortifying. Whatever the truth, this was about a tiara that a mid-30s woman was going to wear. It’s all very juvenile. The situation, not the people discussing it here.
    Exactly, apparently Harry said whatever she wants, she gets!! A grown woman!
    Anyone with a bit of sense would Smell A Spoilt Brat ! !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 962 ✭✭✭irishblessing

blinding wrote: »

Anyone with a bit of sense would realise that's just a stupid tabloid story designed for clicks and generating money and not name call others over nothing. :rolleyes:

Anyone with a bit of sense would realise that's just a stupid tabloid story designed for clicks and generating money and not name call others over nothing. :rolleyes:

“ What-Ever Meghan Wants, Meghan Gets “ from Harry the Lamb's Own Mouth

And ya still can’t work out ~ ~ Spoilt Brat :D:D

“ What-Ever Meghan Wants, Meghan Gets “ from Harry the Lamb's Own Mouth

And ya still can’t work out ~ ~ Spoilt Brat :D:D

Oh really? Post the video clip of it so. Lets see if we can work it out.

Oh really? Post the video clip of it so. Lets see if we can work it out.
    It is not disputed that Harry the Lamb said this.

The British Establishment welcomed Meghan Markle because it was a breath of fresh air.

It was only when it became clear that Meghan Markle was an Uber Diva that they turned against her.

Just because she is mixed race does not stop he from being an Uber Diva just as being black does not stop people from being Racist.

Mixed race people and black people can obviously have all of the same weakness’s and strengths as everybody else.

For some reason when mixed race or black people show up usual human weakness’s it has to be covered up ! !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,636 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The whole protocol of the tiara sounds like a load of nonsense to me. Even just the notion of the Queen choosing a small selection that Meghan can then choose from seems ridiculous to me. I mean why not allow her (or anyone marrying into the family) their choice of the whole lot of them.

It just seems really petty to me, it would be like me having a collection of 25 sportcars and offering a mate a lend of one for the day but saying you're only allowed choose from the 5 sportcars Im offering you, a kind of prickish thing to do IMO. Like these tiaras are just sitting in a vault for years at a time without even getting used. Not sure why the Queen is being so precious over them, they're just a bunch of shiny rocks at the end of the day.

It is not disputed that Harry the Lamb said this.

The British Establishment welcomed Meghan Markle because it was a breath of fresh air.

It was only when it became clear that Meghan Markle was an Uber Diva that they turned against her.

Just because she is mixed race does not stop he from being an Uber Diva just as being black does not stop people from being Racist.

Mixed race people and black people can obviously have all of the same weakness’s and strengths as everybody else.

For some reason when mixed race or black people show up usual human weakness’s it has to be covered up ! !

Discussing the personal business of two people I don't even know is ridiculous enough, but being public, famous, royal figures who have a great story separately and together is what piques my interest.

People talking about two people they don't know as if they're in possession of facts no one else is though, is just bizarre. But then it's just a whole other level of bat **** crazy to mix race and "diva-ness" out of literally nowhere. And don't get me started on "Harry the Lamb." Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

They must be spending a fortune on PR consultants to keep them in the news. Every day there's at least two and often more than three different stories about them on the landing page newsfeed. Epitome of famous for being famous.

MoonUnit75 wrote: »
    They must be spending a fortune on PR consultants to keep them in the news. Every day there's at least two and often more than three different stories about them on the landing page newsfeed. Epitome of famous for being famous.
    I wonder are they sick looking at one another yet ?

I wonder are they sick looking at one another yet ?

You're not sick talking about them :pac:

• Advertisement

You're not sick talking about them :pac:
    Sure they are forever stuck together. Harry stuck under her feet and he not able to do anything.

She is probably not even getting the chance for a bit of fresh leg over ! !

Sure they are forever stuck together. Harry stuck under her feet and he not able to do anything.

She is probably not even getting the chance for a bit of fresh leg over ! !

Mature.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,504 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

No loss on them they are minted for life with the Netflix deal.

Harry was worth millions anyway even before this.

I think Will is a lot more likeable than Harry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭seenitall

That’s kinda unfair. Not because it’s inaccurate, but because it goes with the territory of the choices HARRY himself makes. I mean, I can hardly imagine him being drawn to some quiet little dear who no one‘s ever heard of. He’s not the type. He was always dating aristocratic or society girls. Even his blind dates seem to be with Hollywood actresses.

So yeah, this “what Meghan wants, she gets” is, it is safe to presume, just a reflection of the fact that what Harry wants, he gets. And always has. So again, spoilt little bratS would be more fitting, don’t you think?

Not to mention the fact it was HIM who said it in the first place.

Meghan has decided she was the most trolled person on planet earth. No confirmation on whether they have trademarked the title or whether mugs and t-shirts will be available.

https://www.thepost.on.ca/entertainment/celebrity/meghan-duchess-of-sussex-says-trolling-can-become-unsurvivable/wcm/e68acfef-734f-4bde-b871-7f6e80ae7a97

Meghan has decided she was the most trolled person on planet earth. No confirmation on whether they have trademarked the title or whether mugs and t-shirts will be available.

https://www.thepost.on.ca/entertainment/celebrity/meghan-duchess-of-sussex-says-trolling-can-become-unsurvivable/wcm/e68acfef-734f-4bde-b871-7f6e80ae7a97

No she didn't. She said she was told she was. But you're ignoring her actual words for a chance to take a shot at her. The trolling continues... congrats you're a part of it too!

And I think you'll find William and Kate trademarked their names/titles as well, back in 2013 I believe. It's to protect the image and name of the RF actually, not to push their own mugs and t-shirts for profit. More trolling, you actually illustrated her point for her.

No she didn't. She said she was told she was. But you're ignoring her actual words for a chance to take a shot at her. The trolling continues... congrats you're a part of it too!

And I think you'll find William and Kate trademarked their names/titles as well, back in 2013 I believe. It's to protect the image and name of the RF actually, not to push their own mugs and t-shirts for profit. More trolling, you actually illustrated her point for her.

Yes, she is telling us she was told that, did she give a source? Why would she say it if she didn't want us to think that?

She is a public figure who wants to preach to the little folk from her luxurious mansion, criticism comes with the territory. If they don't want to be criticised then they should do what Ricky Gervais told her actor colleagues at the Golden Globes.

Yes, she is telling us she was told that, did she give a source? Why would she say it if she didn't want us to think that?

She is a public figure who wants to preach to the little folk from her luxurious mansion, criticism comes with the territory. If they don't want to be criticised then they should do what Ricky Gervais told her actor colleagues at the Golden Globes.

You're nitpicking. Just because someone is a public figure doesn't give anyone the right to say the horrible things they did and when she was pregnant-which is what her comments were about actually. It's far over the line of criticism. She has every right to speak up about the bullying and racism she endured and in speaking up and fighting back she is advocating for change and letting people know (whether you're 15 or 25 she said) that it's not okay, it's damaging to anyone's mental health, and it needs to stop. Everyone's mental health is important. Even for people who are members of the royal family and even for people who live in large houses.
    Why on earth should two people only trying to do good in the world be so criticised anyway. It's clearly the jealous, bitter, racist people who need to get a life.

You're nitpicking. Just because someone is a public figure doesn't give anyone the right to say the horrible things they did and when she was pregnant-which is what her comments were about actually. It's far over the line of criticism. She has every right to speak up about the bullying and racism she endured and in speaking up and fighting back she is advocating for change and letting people know (whether you're 15 or 25 she said) that it's not okay, it's damaging to anyone's mental health, and it needs to stop. Everyone's mental health is important. Even for people who are members of the royal family and even for people who live in large houses.
    Why on earth should two people only trying to do good in the world be so criticised anyway. It's clearly the jealous, bitter, racist people who need to get a life.

Sure, I get it. To some people she's sweetness and light personified and the train wreck of broken family relationships, alienated friends and employees is all racism and bullying.

Maybe, though, her PR machine has it wrong and her vanity and entitlement are partly or wholly responsible for the change in how the media treated her. Not being able to keep staff, alienating Harry from his entire family, taking her son away from his grandparents and extended family for the peaceful, private life of a Hollywood star. Do you really think it's just the world against her, when so many people like Michelle Obama can treat people well and carry on serving their country with dignity?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Didn't Melania Trump also claim she is the most trolled person on the planet. They can compare notes.

Hopefully after this autumn Melania will return into obscurity but I'm not sure Megan will want to stay out of limelight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,352 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Sure, I get it. To some people she's sweetness and light personified and the train wreck of broken family relationships, alienated friends and employees is all racism and bullying.

Maybe, though, her PR machine has it wrong and her vanity and entitlement are partly or wholly responsible for the change in how the media treated her. Not being able to keep staff, alienating Harry from his entire family, taking her son away from his grandparents and extended family for the peaceful, private life of a Hollywood star. Do you really think it's just the world against her, when so many people like Michelle Obama can treat people well and carry on serving their country with dignity?

Mostly it seems to be the Daily Mail against her. and people lap up that ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Ah, I don’t know. I hated how the British media treated Harry and Meghan but she’s a bit of a dose at the same time. Pontification from two of the most privileged people in the world (which they are, make no mistake) is never going to go down well. Many people are really struggling right now. And their video about Black History Month was a bit oblivious.

I think she's human. And decent. Her father and that side of the family are the unhinged trainwrecks. The RF has well known issues, and Harry himself said it was his decision to step away.No one, including Meghan, are responsible for other people's horrible and toxic behaviour. What alienated friends...whoever you think they are has absolutely nothing to do with the racist and bullying vitriol that was directed at her by the press and bitter people in the UK.

What vanity and entitlement? What staff could she not keep? Already addressed the fact that Harry himself said it was his choice to step away, as has royal biographers noted this about him and the statements he made before he ever met Meghan.

No one said the world is against her. She and Harry actually have a lot of supporters. The US seem to adore her and him and rightly so.

What does Michelle Obama have to do with anything? She wasn't in a toxic family dynamic. Though if you read her book as I did, you would know she was still in a toxic, systemically racist situation in which she experienced much bullying and racism actually. Which she also has spoken out against. You obviously don't know the first thing about Michelle Obama.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,006 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Describe the nature and extent of this 'PR' machine.

Not being able to keep staff - sounds like you swallow the bile expelled by the DM without filter. Provide proof of this. Any of these disgruntled staff written an exposé with details?

Actually, she took her son to being closer to one of his grandparents, namely her mother. Charles can more easily afford to jump on a plane and visit than her mother. if you include her back-stabbing father, she's actually relocated her child so he's closer to the majority of his grandparents, Diana being dead, in case you haven't heard. But that grandparents sh1t is nonsensical bollocks straight from the DM. Construct a filter and try some logic when reading that rag.

There is not the slightest parralel or similarity between Megan and Michelle Obama's , apart from their race and gender. Very weird comparrison.

Ah, I don’t know. I hated how the British media treated Harry and Meghan but she’s a bit of a dose at the same time. Pontification from two of the most privileged people in the world (which they are, make no mistake) is never going to go down well. Many people are really struggling right now. And their video about Black History Month was a bit oblivious.

Meghan has been involved with charity and empowerment work long before she met Harry, since she was a child actually. She's just being herself even now despite marrying into royalty and the wealth she earned and now married into.

Oblivious? She is half black and her mother is black as is her maternal side of her family. She has spoken about the racism she and her family have been subjected to. She has grown up in a country that has huge problems with racism starting 400 years ago. What on earth would you know about it that leads you to have the opinion she is oblivious?

Meghan has been involved with charity and empowerment work long before she met Harry, since she was a child actually. She's just being herself even now despite marrying into royalty and the wealth she earned and now married into.

Oblivious? She is half black and her mother is black as is her maternal side of her family. She has spoken about the racism she and her family have been subjected to. She has grown up in a country that has huge problems with racism starting 400 years ago. What on earth would you know about it that leads you to have the opinion she is oblivious?

Yes, oblivious. She lived in the UK for, what, three years and didn’t know that there was such a thing as Black History Month? That was her own admission and it shows somebody not very connected to her adopted country. You’d imagine she’d have been very involved in Black History Month whilst in the UK if it was so important to her?

And I don’t know what Harry meant by London not feeling diverse. The thing that jumps out at me when I visit London is the diversity of the place. Harry’s cloistered world probably wasn’t very diverse but that doesn’t mean it was the same for everyone.

Yes, oblivious. She lived in the UK for, what, three years and didn’t know that there was such a thing as Black History Month? That was her own admission and it shows somebody not very connected to her adopted country. You’d imagine she’d have been very involved in Black History Month whilst in the UK if it was so important to her?

And I don’t know what Harry meant by London not feeling diverse. The thing that jumps out at me when I visit London is the diversity of the place. Harry’s cloistered world probably wasn’t very diverse but that doesn’t mean it was the same for everyone.

You're going to have to give a link to that or explain further because I've no idea what you're on about.

I will say if she's being accused of not knowing something well then a huge dose of cop on is needed. She was born and reared in the US, lived many years in Canada and then in UK. She can't know everything (if that's even true). We are all ignorant, just ignorant about different things. Are you so perfect yourself?
    Of course Black History Month would be important to her as a black woman with black family who has experienced racism. Why wouldn't it be-so what exactly are you insinuating.

Many other places would feel more diverse than here in Ireland, lol. :pac:

You're going to have to give a link to that because I've no idea what you're on about.

I will say if she's being accused of not knowing something well then a huge dose of cop on is needed. She was born and reared in the US, lived many years in Canada and then in UK. She can't know everything (if that's even true). We are all ignorant, just ignorant about different things. Are you so perfect yourself?
    Of course Black History Month would be important to her as a black woman with black family who has experienced racism. Why wouldn't it be-so what exactly are you insinuating.

Many other places would feel more diverse than here in Ireland, lol. :pac:

Hold up. I tell you the very video I’m talking about. You completely dismiss what I’ve said but you haven’t even seen the video?

And yes, if you are going to pontificate, you should know what you’re talking about. She had said herself that she didn’t know about Black History Month. So it appears it wasn’t important to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

She married a spare royal. That nowdays makes people qualified to waffle on just about everything from ecology to race relations, mental health and penguins or elephants. I despise how British media threated them but neither do I particularly want to hear their lectures. I can understand why Brits are keeping royal family but they really are just a bunch of very unimpressive people with a huge platform.

• Advertisement

cnocbui wrote: »
    Describe the nature and extent of this 'PR' machine.

She's the Mary Sue of her own ghost-written biography! Have you read it, or at least attempted to read it between breaks to dry-wretch into the bathroom sink? Complete drivel that they obviously fed directly and indirectly to Scobie, a guy who lies about his own age in interviews.
    Not being able to keep staff - sounds like you swallow the bile expelled by the DM without filter. Provide proof of this. Any of these disgruntled staff written an exposé with details?

You don't know anything about them if you haven't kept track of all the staff they went through. Likewise, these staff are up to their ears in NDAs. She also knows the royal family have a long-lived policy of not bitching about their staff or family matters to the press so won't counter her PR.
    Actually, she took her son to being closer to one of his grandparents, namely her mother. Charles can more easily afford to jump on a plane and visit than her mother. if you include her back-stabbing father, she's actually relocated her child so he's closer to the majority of his grandparents, Diana being dead, in case you haven't heard. But that grandparents sh1t is nonsensical bollocks straight from the DM. Construct a filter and try some logic when reading that rag.

Exactly, she moved in with a large extended family then extracted what she needed and moved to where suited her best. And no, she did not move to be with her mother, they first moved to Canada, knowing Canada is obliged to foot the bill for security for royal members.
    There is not the slightest parralel or similarity between Megan and Michelle Obama's , apart from their race and gender. Very weird comparrison.

There is, Michelle Obama is black, female and speaks out on issues of race, gender, equality etc. but failed to leave a trainwreck of broken families and relationships behind her or alienate the press.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement