Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Playoffs: Divisional Round

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Seattle Seahawks
    Think all the Chiefs need to change their gloves

• That had to have concussed Tyreek...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Game all but over I'd say

There it is..... A first quarter game over!

I thought we had all learned our leeson on this!

Great hit. Big loss if Hill is crocked, and you've got to imagine it'll be in his mind going up for any similar ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Seattle Seahawks
    That had to have concussed Tyreek...

Aye he got completely crumpled.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

That Chief got absolutely nailed.

Helmet into the ribs while in mid-air

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

Looks like you might be right, Vrabel very unlikely to out-coach Reid as it stands.

Good one!

Have to say putting Hill out there who has returned only one punt all year was a very questionable move. Who put butter on the Chiefs gloves man geez.

This is setting up to be the most shocking divisional round Ive ever seen.

That hit on Hill will do him no harm, never liked him after the child abuse stuff came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Seattle Seahawks
    That had to have concussed Tyreek...

The way he tried to catch the punt may already have been

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Can't remember so many drops in a first quarter, esp by really talented players.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Green Bay Packers
    He's been extremely efficient with the throws he's been asked to make, but honestly, until someone can show me they can slow down Henry, you'd be mad not to ride him as far as you could. He's a great watch.

It is much easier to be efficient when you're playing from the front rather than having to force things. He hasn't been asked to do the latter against a good defense yet.

They should definitely keep riding Henry but you only have to slow him down if your offense is scoring more points when they get the ball, as the Titans will be forced to move away from him themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Green Bay Packers
    Aw the beauty of US pharmaceutical ads....
    An quit smoking nicotine tablet that can give you suicidal thoughts :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Green Bay Packers
    One shock and now everyone thinks Houston is gonna beat the Chiefs, can only assume they missed how bad the Texans were last week.

Andy Reid's record off a bye week is phenomenal. This isnt a rookie QB making his first start on the road, Mahomes is gonna torch that defense.

Reid took Philly to 5 conference championships, including 4 straight, only made 1 Super Bowl and lost it but thats still excellent. Unfortunately the Pats were still filming practices unabated back then. A few years later he got ran out of town, but not before drafting Nick Foles who finally won the Eagles a SB. Sadly, his son got hooked on drugs (Philly is rampant with them) and died from his addiction.

Then he goes and picks Mahomes outta nowhere while other teams are making genius moves like trading up to take Mitch Trubisky (who would have been there anyway had Chicago stayed pat as the 9ers had Garropolo)

I hammered the Chiefs -9.5, and will be backing them next week too. Anyone thinks Vrabel is gonna outcoach Reid and that that offense could keep pace with the Chiefs is on crack. This is setting up perfectly for Reid to finally get a ring (most playoff wins of any coach without one).

The niners didnt have Garoppolo at that point. They traded for him 6 months later. Even if the 49ers weren't drafting a QB they absolutely were planning to trade that number 2 pick to someone who wanted a QB.

Green Bay Packers
    Good one!

Have to say putting Hill out there who has returned only one punt all year was a very questionable move. Who put butter on the Chiefs gloves man geez.

That hit on Hill will do him no harm, never liked him after the child abuse stuff came out.

Playoffs as a whole have been pretty shocking so far.

Foxtrol wrote:
    They should definitely keep riding Henry but you only have to slow him down if your offense is scoring more points when they get the ball, as the Titans will be forced to move away from him themselves.

True, the best defense you can have for him is a lead!

Man, 21 points up, they have to kick this surely. Get points on every drive and you'll be nearly impossible to catch.... Hope they kick.... Whew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Man, 21 points up, they have to kick this surely. Get points on every drive and you'll be nearly impossible to catch.... Hope they kick.... Whew.
    Should have taken a delay of game and kept the TO.

Should have taken a delay of game and kept the TO.

Good call, 31 or 36 yard field goal pretty much the same %.

That said, that 31 yarder barely crept inside the right post.... 5 yards further out it would've missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Seattle Seahawks
    Only getting to sit down now. Saw the score when I was driving home. It's madness.

And with Russell and Rodgers playing later it's only gonna get crazier.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Green Bay Packers
    Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I think Montana was the last QB to win a chiefs playoff game.

They beat the Colts last season at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Seattle Seahawks
    I'm enjoying this plenty! Another two Houston scores would be great too.... Maybe I'm not that neutral though :)

Even as a fellow Bronco I do want Andy Reid to actually win an SB finally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

San Francisco 49ers
    Why are people so risk averse. You gotta go for it on 4th and 1 there for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Great score. Great throw, talk about trust from Mahomes after all the drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Green Bay Packers
    Pretty dumb not kicking the ball dead on the kick off. Cost them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Shoot out on now

Green Bay Packers
    Pretty dumb not kicking the ball dead on the kick off. Cost them.

They'll get the ball at the 40 if they kick it out of bounds, as thats a penalty.

Green Bay Packers
    True, the best defense you can have for him is a lead!

Agreed, my original point was that I don't think that approach is sustainable for 2 more games, that the Titans will end up behind at some point.

I don't want to take too much away from them, however so far they faced a Patriots offense that was very poor and a Ravens side that completely melted down when they had to play from behind (like I expect the Titans to)

Even as a fellow Bronco I do want Andy Reid to actually win an SB finally.

I know what you mean. He's very likeable and has such a tragic history, personal and professional.... Yes you are right.... There would be something nice about Reid winning a super bowl..... But..... The Chiefs?

Momentum shifting it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Not sure that was Bill O'Brien's wisest move.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Ah what ya at Houston

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Wow!!!

Advertisement