Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Playoffs: Divisional Round

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Although I have a soft spot for the the Chiefs, I'd like to see Titans win it now. I've enjoyed watching them this second half of the season.

Derrick Henry is as good a reason as any to be rooting for the Titans. I could watch him all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Green Bay Packers
    Enjoyed the games last night, helped by being a 49ers fan and the complete shock of the Ravens game.

Though still not 100%, the 49ers defense showed the form it had early in the season when they were healthy. Again in line with early season narratives, Garropolo didn't have his best game but he didn't need to thanks to strength of the defense and run game. We saw in that play-off level quality games during the run in that he can raise his standards when it is required. Looks like no new injuries and guys should be in even better shape by next weekend, while having an extra days rest.

Titans did to the Ravens exactly what I thought was going to happen the other way around. Lamar wasn't great but I'd place the result more on the Titans defense and Ravens poor coaching decisions. I understand being ultra aggressive on 4th downs in regular season, as there's more games to come so you can play the averages, or when playing against a team with a high powered offense, but there was no need in this situation. Ravens also looked rusty and went away from the run too quickly. Generally, looked like poor planning and coaching.

While giving Titans credit, I still don't see their approach as being sustainable for two more games. Game script has gone their way in both playoff games but when it goes against them I just don't think their team is rounded enough and they will end up struggling, like Vikings and Ravens did yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,846 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Now back in your box or return to your little circle jerk Patriot thread
    I'm a big Andy Reid fan and would love to see him win a superbowl but I'll get pleasure if they lose because of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,057 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Kansas City Chiefs
    Foxtrol wrote: »
    Enjoyed the games last night, helped by being a 49ers fan and the complete shock of the Ravens game.

Though still not 100%, the 49ers defense showed the form it had early in the season when they were healthy. Again in line with early season narratives, Garropolo didn't have his best game but he didn't need to thanks to strength of the defense and run game. We saw in that play-off level quality games during the run in that he can raise his standards when it is required. Looks like no new injuries and guys should be in even better shape by next weekend, while having an extra days rest.

Titans did to the Ravens exactly what I thought was going to happen the other way around. Lamar wasn't great but I'd place the result more on the Titans defense and Ravens poor coaching decisions. I understand being ultra aggressive on 4th downs in regular season, as there's more games to come so you can play the averages, or when playing against a team with a high powered offense, but there was no need in this situation. Ravens also looked rusty and went away from the run too quickly. Generally, looked like poor planning and coaching.

While giving Titans credit, I still don't see their approach as being sustainable for two more games. Game script has gone their way in both playoff games but when it goes against them I just don't think their team is rounded enough and they will end up struggling, like Vikings and Ravens did yesterday.

They've already beaten the Texans, I doubt they'd fear them. Running the ball effectively is the perfect way to counter the Chiefs. Pats ran all over them last year in the AFCCG. Tannenhill is also well capable of throwing the ball. The last two games haven't gone that way, but he shouldn't be discounted. Titans D is probably better than the Chiefs, which could be the difference in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

One shock and now everyone thinks Houston is gonna beat the Chiefs, can only assume they missed how bad the Texans were last week.

Andy Reid's record off a bye week is phenomenal. This isnt a rookie QB making his first start on the road, Mahomes is gonna torch that defense.

Reid took Philly to 5 conference championships, including 4 straight, only made 1 Super Bowl and lost it but thats still excellent. Unfortunately the Pats were still filming practices unabated back then. A few years later he got ran out of town, but not before drafting Nick Foles who finally won the Eagles a SB. Sadly, his son got hooked on drugs (Philly is rampant with them) and died from his addiction.

Then he goes and picks Mahomes outta nowhere while other teams are making genius moves like trading up to take Mitch Trubisky (who would have been there anyway had Chicago stayed pat as the 9ers had Garropolo)

I hammered the Chiefs -9.5, and will be backing them next week too. Anyone thinks Vrabel is gonna outcoach Reid and that that offense could keep pace with the Chiefs is on crack. This is setting up perfectly for Reid to finally get a ring (most playoff wins of any coach without one).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,859 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Pats not even in the playoffs but still living rent free in some people's heads :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

One shock and now everyone thinks Houston is gonna beat the Chiefs
    Who's everyone? The poll shows ~84% pick the Chiefs. Houston has a chance, but Chiefs remains favorites.

I fancy Chiefs and Packers today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

San Francisco 49ers

Then he goes and picks Mahomes outta nowhere while other teams are making genius moves like trading up to take Mitch Trubisky (who would have been there anyway had Chicago stayed pat as the 9ers had Garropolo)

Picks Mahomes out of nowhere? Haha. He was one of the highest rated QBs in that class. Probably the highest but people had doubts about whether his college game would transfer to the nfl.

Also Garropolo was still with the patriots during that draft. Brian Hoyer was the starter for first 6 or so games.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Green Bay Packers
    One shock and now everyone thinks Houston is gonna beat the Chiefs, can only assume they missed how bad the Texans were last week.

Andy Reid's record off a bye week is phenomenal. This isnt a rookie QB making his first start on the road, Mahomes is gonna torch that defense.

Reid took Philly to 5 conference championships, including 4 straight, only made 1 Super Bowl and lost it but thats still excellent. Unfortunately the Pats were still filming practices unabated back then. A few years later he got ran out of town, but not before drafting Nick Foles who finally won the Eagles a SB. Sadly, his son got hooked on drugs (Philly is rampant with them) and died from his addiction.

I hammered the Chiefs -9.5, and will be backing them next week too. Anyone thinks Vrabel is gonna outcoach Reid and that that offense could keep pace with the Chiefs is on crack. This is setting up perfectly for Reid to finally get a ring (most playoff wins of any coach without one).

The Chicago trade up was a mistake for several reasons but the point wasn't to prevent the niners taking trubisky (if they wanted him they wouldn't have made the trade) it was too stop anyone leap frogging them to take him.

It was stupid. But the logic was nothing to do with San Francisco.

Not sure where you're getting the notion that Mahomes was picked from nowhere. He was projected more or less exactly where he was picked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,677 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Seattle Seahawks

Not sure how the pats filming and the eagles going to four straight NFC championship games is connected.

He wasn't run out of town as you put it actually. It was time for a change and the eagles let him go the right way. His son did die of drugs but I think it was out west and not Philly.

What a weird post. I'd love nothing more than to see big red win a super bowl as he deserved one in his Time in Philly but didn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Green Bay Packers
    No point engaging with stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Ok, these Mike Bloomberg ads are going get annoying. Two in that break.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Green Bay Packers
    Ok, these Mike Bloomberg ads are going get annoying. Two in that break.
    Bit off topic..... but he doesn't even have a chance anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Seattle Seahawks
    Bit off topic..... but he doesn't even have a chance anyway.

Not to make this about politics but both himself and Trump have dropped 10 mil on ads for during the Super Bowl so that’s something to look forward to

Seattle Seahawks
    Who messed up there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,748 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Seattle Seahawks
    Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Who messed up there ?

Coverage all bought the fake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

San Francisco 49ers
    This is gonna be a bit of a shootout you'd imagine. Should be fun for the neutrals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

oh boy!! Some start for the Texans

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Anyone going to keep count on how many times they specifically call out that Watt is in?

• Advertisement

Yikes, costly drop!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,748 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Seattle Seahawks
    Interesting start!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,859 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

14-0 Texans thought the chiefs were the greatest team football had ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

What a start

Seattle Seahawks
    Oh hello!

It’s last night all over again!

Seattle Seahawks
    Well the Texans are doing their titans impression from last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Not over by any stretch, but it means the chiefs can't afford (m) any more mistakes the rest of the game. I still think they'll win, but very sloppy start for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

This is insane. Nightmare start. Blown coverage, a penalty, a terrible drop and a special teams gaffe. That's a lot of mistakes to make in 2 series! Pitiful to come out like that when you had 2 weeks to prepare with no travel.

Seattle Seahawks
    Chiefs with an early dose of the dropsies

• Advertisement

Catch the ball, then look upfield!!

Advertisement