Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Playoffs: Divisional Round

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Yep, as soon as Lamar had to chase the game the turnovers followed. It’s a completely different game when you are behind.

That said, I cannot believe how good Tennessee have played. I would fancy the chiefs strongly for the AFC though

Jackson ends with a lot of yards, but but like last year, it was garbage stuff. Titans happy to see him throwing it (allowing completed passes as long as it meant the clock kept ticking), 60 pass attempts, ~50% completion with 2 INTs and a lost fumble.

Those 4th and 1 attempts are on Harbaugh. Too cocky/confident, ego stuff to do it on halfway that early.

Still, great year for Baltimore in general. Jackson will get MVP. Not sure many teams will be able to run like the Titans did and control the game, so Ravens will have a shot again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭al87987

Green Bay Packers
    In fairness they had converted every 4th and 1 so far this year. Why would you go away from what has gotten you this far?

Titans peaking at the right time and can beat anyone, dethrone superbowl champs and then take out the number 1 team both on the road, shouldn't fear anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,053 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Kansas City Chiefs
    That was glorious. Love seeing the Ravens lose. Really happy for the Titans and Tannenhill lotta talent on the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,849 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Green Bay Packers
    We're up to eleven Titans votes now. Not sure what proper are trying to prove with that but I might get in on the act. I think the Patriots are going to win last year's Superbowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Seattle Seahawks
    MVPat gonna show how to get the job done tonight

#chiefskingdom

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

Titans have just made Jackson look like a flute, and the Texans have been crucifying quarterbacks lately.

Uh, where are you gettting this from? Texans have the 7th least sacks on the year out of the 32 teams in the league, had 3 last week which is okay but nothing major. Except for the end of the game Allen was comfortable and ran rings around them the 1st half. When Watt finally got a sack the place erupted like they had just won the game as the pass rush wasnt getting home at all.

It's Watson who's been getting crucified, as the Texans have given up the 4th most sacks in the league. He was running for his life last game, pulled a Houdini at the end but I remember losing count of the times he got sacked aftet they said it was the 6th time.

If the Texans Oline plays like it did last week the Chiefs will destroy them. They are way more explosive on offense than Buffalo so there wont be any miracle comeback possible.

Titans actually have given up the 3rd most sacks despite being such a run first team. Bit surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Uh, where are you gettting this from? Texans have the 7th least sacks on the year out of the 32 teams in the league, had 3 last week which is okay but nothing major. Except for the end of the game Allen was comfortable and ran rings around them the 1st half. When Watt finally got a sack the place erupted like they had just won the game as the pass rush wasnt getting home at all.

It's Watson who's been getting crucified, as the Texans have given up the 4th most sacks in the league. He was running for his life last game, pulled a Houdini at the end but I remember losing count of the times he got sacked aftet they said it was the 6th time.

If the Texans Oline plays like it did last week the Chiefs will destroy them. They are way more explosive on offense than Buffalo so there wont be any miracle comeback possible.

Titans actually have given up the 3rd most sacks despite being such a run first team. Bit surprising.

You gotta asterisks it though. Titans before tannehill titans after

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Green Bay Packers
    My Ravens lose :(

I hope the Titans go on and win it all
    Still Ill wrote: »
    Will he still be MVP after this ****show? Cos I've got a bet on Russel Wilson

MVP is regular season

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Seattle Seahawks
    Titans best the chiefs already this season

• Registered Users Posts: 14,084 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Green Bay Packers
    I made my picks earlier in the thread but forgot to do the poll picks. Feels satisfying to pick a team that's already lost :D

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Seattle Seahawks
    What’s the bookies favourite for the SB now 49ers - Chiefs?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Took an accum of the home teams and I did not expect Tennessee to ruin it already!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,084 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Green Bay Packers
    TheDoctor wrote: »
    What’s the bookies favourite for the SB now 49ers - Chiefs?

I'd imagine so, would have been 9ers v ravens right?

I thought the ravens looked the strongest team in football this season. The 9ers, Seahawks and chiefs all in the conversation.

I did not see the titans going this far, thought they could beat the Pats alright this season in the wildcard but didn't see the Ravens ****ting the bed so badly at all!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 37,823 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'd imagine the niners are favourites as they have alread made the Championship game.
    Chiefs probably become favourites with a win tonight.
    Its been a highly unpredictable season wouldn't be surprised if the Chiefs let St tonight.

MVPat gonna show how to get the job done tonight

#chiefskingdom

Shouldn’t you be making your pick after the game?

Seattle Seahawks
    Shouldn’t you be making your pick after the game?

Why would I do that?

Why would I do that?
    Why did you do it for the Wildcard round?

Seattle Seahawks
    Why did you do it for the Wildcard round?

I don't know, we weren't in it, you were :D

How'd that pan out for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Green Bay Packers
    Shocked at that. Thought the Ravens would go all the way this year, they looked absolutely unstoppable from about week 7 to 17. Fair dues to the Titans though, that was an absolute masterclass.

Not what I asked you, poor try to deflect from yourself.

Pats lost. Weren’t good enough. Better team (Titans) fully deserved to win. Was disappointed, but happy for Heli on here.

Trying to take a shot at a Pats fan, after 9 SB appearances with 6 SB wins in 20 years, cause they got knocked out in the Wildcard round; weak, very weak. Almost as weak as making your picks after the game :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,677 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Seattle Seahawks
    It true what they say that the post season is like a new season and what you did in the regular doesn't guarantee you anything in the playoffs. I've to go back and watch the niners game as I was completely out of range for it and never saw a single second of the game. I saw some of the titans vs ravens game. I'm 1-5 so far in the six games played.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Seattle Seahawks
    We're up to eleven Titans votes now. Not sure what proper are trying to prove with that but I might get in on the act. I think the Patriots are going to win last year's Superbowl.

I really don't get that at all?

Like why bother? There's zero satisfaction in that ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

I'd actually like to see a proper answer and not a deflection.

Why did you vote in the "Who do you think will win win?" poll for teams who had already won their games? What was your intention?

Seattle Seahawks
    Not what I asked you, poor try to deflect from yourself.

Pats lost. Weren’t good enough. Better team (Titans) fully deserved to win. Was disappointed, but happy for Heli on here.

Trying to take a shot at a Pats fan, after 9 SB appearances with 6 SB wins in 20 years, cause they got knocked out in the Wildcard round; weak, very weak. Almost as weak as making your picks after the game :D

Why do you feel the need to try troll a chiefs fan on a completely unrelated thread or subject?

I took a shot at you after your initial pop at me

Heaven forbid I make my picks afterwards to see what the general consensus was.

This isn’t a pissing contest and you’re not adding any inches to your dick

Why do you feel the need to try troll a chiefs fan on a completely unrelated thread or subject?

I took a shot at you after your initial pop at me

Heaven forbid I make my picks afterwards to see what the general consensus was.

This isn’t a pissing contest and you’re not adding any inches to your dick
    Really weak. You state that the Chiefs are gonna roll tonight, after two weekends of upsets, and you think someone can’t refer to you picking after the games were over (totally related subject BTW)?

Get my dick out of your mind and be more concerned with your failure to answer a simple question when asked. You could have seen the general consensus after the poll was closed, like the rest of us who didn’t vote before the games (or after the games). No need to for you to lose your cool and double down on looking silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Green Bay Packers
    ^^^^^^ You dont have to vote to see poll results. Nice try

Seattle Seahawks
    Really weak. You state that the Chiefs are gonna roll tonight, after two weekends of upsets, and you think someone can’t refer to you picking after the games were over (totally related subject BTW)?

Get my dick out of your mind and be more concerned with your failure to answer a simple question when asked. You could have seen the general consensus after the poll was closed, like the rest of us who didn’t vote before the games (or after the games). No need to for you to lose your cool and double down on looking silly.

I’m not going to argue with an idiot. You’ll drag me down to your level and beat me on experience.

Now back in your box or return to your little circle jerk Patriot thread

There’s a good lad

#chiefskingdom

I’m not going to argue with an idiot. You’ll drag me down to your level and beat me on experience.

Now back in your box or return to your little circle jerk Patriot thread

There’s a good lad

#chiefskingdom
    Classy as ever :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Classy as ever :D

Leave him alone.

He's been watching footall since 2017 so all he's ever known is the Patriots appearing in 100% of the Super Bowls he's watched and winning 66% of them.

The bitterness is explainable that way. If only he had picked an NFC team in Madden all the way back in 2017....!

• Advertisement

Titans are just a good football team. Going to Gillette and M&T and winning isn't a joke. I don't think us resting players for the final game of the season made any difference. They had a plan and executed it, they're exceptionally sound with the fundamentals. That second failure to convert on 4th down was the fatal blow, at a time when we had started to get a bit of momentum. FG would have made it 14-9.

Although I have a soft spot for the the Chiefs, I'd like to see Titans win it now. I've enjoyed watching them this second half of the season.

Advertisement