Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭Christy42

aloyisious wrote: »
    Each day the number of grieving families goes up in line with the list, sometimes 2 families per death when the in-laws are counted. Each family will have two, maybe three registered voters, who are adult enough to see what's going on around them and who was negligent in duty when November comes around, who cared and who didn't give a fig.

I imagine a large proportion of the New York deaths have New York based families. Some will be from out of state but let's be fair. A change in a few thousand New York votes counts as much as my own vote in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Midlife

I must have missed something. I caught a note that he claimed that folks with Lupus who were on chloroquine didn't need to worry so much about the virus, a statement which was countered by Fauci.

Why would they not be able to access normal Lupus treatment as a result?

It's not an either/or, but but downplay, yes. Is his getting rid of the Pandmic Response Team biting us in the arse? Yes. Is that the first line of defense? No. Another example from California:
    https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/Coronavirus-California-had-21-million-N95-masks-15164180.php

Many people on here have observed, I think correctly, that Trump shouldn't be doing these conferences at all, leaving it to Fauci, Brix and Adams. I suspect we all know that what they have to say counts a little more on this matter than Trump, who do you think the various State Commisioners for Health are looking to for advice and recommendations? Are they even paying attention to the press conferences, or are they looking at communications from the various agencies directly?

So, we know that Trump has limited legal effect, and limited influential effect. He may be a public confidence disaster, and doing almost no good at all, except signing for whatever it is that the Governors need, Congress sends him, or Fauci et al recommends, but neither is he particularly stopping the States from doing what the States think is in the best interest. Should the borders have been closed earlier? With the benefit of hindsight, yes. Then again, with the same benefit of hindsight, I'm sure NYC's Health Commissioner at about that time wouldn't have been telling people to go to Chinatown to celebrate the Lunar New Year and specifically to not worry about Coronavirus because he felt it important to 'show support for the Chinatown and the Chinese community.' Even while the Chinese organisations had started to cancel events.

Pence is supposedly co-coordinating the Federal agencies as they attempt to support the States. Kushner is probably wasting taxpayer dollars, though I'm open to being surprised.

I just think that maybe take it in the context of 'what's the best job trump Coul have done?'

Prepare the us, stockpile supplies, lock the country down.

How many lives would that gave saved?

Though this is a Korea or Taiwan response where they've done brilliantly.

Now what's the worst he could have done.?

Dispand the Pandemic response people, play down the virus, not initiate any national response.

Trump is closer to this end. He could be worse but he's done very very badly.

Stating that the governers have more power ignores how badly trump has done and how many lives this will cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Interesting to read that he may NOT have a press conference today. Not like him to avoid it given how its been thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,145 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

But what about the ratings? So many people watch him like.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Christy42 wrote: »
    I imagine a large proportion of the New York deaths have New York based families. Some will be from out of state but let's be fair. A change in a few thousand New York votes counts as much as my own vote in November.

Would you have any idea of what the Washington DC metropolis is designed like? I read years back that its an inner and outer ring city, with rich inner ring and deprived outer ring neighbourhoods, with high crime rates in the outer ring. Is it like that, and if so, would that affect voting trends?

The Covid-19 outbreak in Washington DC does not seem to be anything like NY, minor even in comparison.

• Advertisement

Interesting to read that he may NOT have a press conference today. Not like him to avoid it given how its been thus far.
    But what about the ratings? So many people watch him like.

Seems it will go ahead after all around midnight Irish time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Manach wrote: »
    Leftists do seem to have one of their tactics to question a person's actions based on a straw man characteristic of faith that they have no experience for partisan point scoring. Back before Romney was lauded by the democrates as the anti-Trump, he was similarlly deemed an extremist by the left.

Sooo..., would you say Trump's doing a good job then? I know you like to pop into threads to give out about leftists in long, albeit well constructed sentences before f*cking off but I'll leave the question here in the improbable hope that you decide to engage.

Watching this now; he really only gets enthusiastic numbers.

"Listen to this 300 million gloves"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N-J7MRUo0Y

We're back to the inherited broken system.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

What an eejit

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

He really does not have a great grasp on the English language and how to put a sentence together

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Quack Trump...

Wouldn't it be mad if he got the coronavirus...I wonder would he take these two drugs he's pushing?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Stats, stats, stats, great work, great figures, the governor of Illinois is doing a bad job, Hydroxychloroquine, its been around a long time, works great on lupus, its a new thing. Basically its cheap and can be had from the chemists, I'm not a doctor. That about rounds up his speech for tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Is the white house still working of the imhe model? looking like it's way off so far.

"What do you have to lose"

Trump on taking Hydroxychlorquine and Azithromycin.

"What do I know, I'm not a doctor. I know common sense."

The guy is unhinged.

---

He's just standing here rambling. There's literally nothing being said that is in anyway informative. It's insane!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭Christy42

aloyisious wrote: »
    Stats, stats, stats, great work, great figures, the governor of Illinois is doing a bad job, Hydroxychloroquine, its been around a long time, works great on lupus, its a new thing. Basically its cheap and can be had from the chemists, I'm not a doctor. That about rounds up his speech for tonight.

Does it require a doctor's prescription at least?

Otherwise, this will end bad. People have to admit the man has his die hard fans and they will believe this nonsense. They will be stocking up and taking it for a common cold. Or taking it just in case

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭volchitsa

amdublin wrote: »
    He really does not have a great grasp on the English language and how to put a sentence together

"These drugs fight against ... things that are living inside you that you dont want to have living inside you." WTF?

What critical message is he delivering here??

Surely he should be talking to Joe Soap and saying we need to continue with Staying at Home.

He has said nothing of any use to the man or woman or family on the street.

• Advertisement

signostic wrote: »

Thanks be to universe he is. But sitting on the outskirts, I reckon Trump doesn't like him, talks too much data and sense.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

volchitsa wrote: »
    "These drugs fight against ... things that are living inside you that you dont want to have living inside you." WTF?

Dumbing things down for his redneck supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

amdublin wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be mad if he got the coronavirus...I wonder would he take these two drugs he's pushing?

Or maybe the one that killed a guy in Arizona a couple of weeks back who took it after he'd heard trump touting it as a covid-19 cure.

Would i be correct when I say the mitigation the Italy and Spain is a lot more stricter than in the US?

This lad in combat gear but where is his M16?

Would i be correct when I say the mitigation the Italy and Spain is a lot more stricter than in the US?

As in the lockdown that's in place?

Then, yes it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Not even close. Seems to be large swathes of the country where life is pretty much proceeding as normal and libertarians getting shirty at even the idea of lockdown. Have family in boston who txted earlier to tell me they were heading off for a long drive for the day. Dont seem too bothered by it at all.

"What do you have to lose"

Trump on taking Hydroxychlorquine and Azithromycin.

"What do I know, I'm not a doctor. I know common sense."

The guy is unhinged.

---

He's just standing here rambling. There's literally nothing being said that is in anyway informative. It's insane!

"One hundred and eighty two... one hundred and eighty two countries. I was talking to my friend; he didn't even know we had 182 countries in the world!"

And now he's justifying his nonsense talk about hydroxychloroquine:

"We don't have time to wait. We know this doesn't kill people."

FFS!

There's something particularly weird about tonight's conference.

He's going to get hammered or this. The absolute fool!

"It may not work, hey, maybe it does, maybe it doesn't"

Then criticised CNN for asking the question.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

It's like a Troy McClure infomercial.

"Hi, I'm Donald Trump, you may remember me from such fake miracle cures as hydroxychloroquine and Trump Juice, the miracle juice that cures everything!, available online for the low, low price of $500 a bottle."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement