Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation Transformation 2020

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

gmisk wrote: »
    I think it was her last week.
    She doesn't have a huge amount to lose in fairness.

Very pretty too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Am sure I am not the only one trying this experiment at home?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Totally agree
    I think they need to lose the Lycra for all contestants it's not needed.

And then she uses her daughter as an excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,857 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    I don't think she used it as an excuse they brought it up?
    She is trying her best give her a bloody break like!

Totally agree
    I think they need to lose the Lycra for all contestants it's not needed.

True and they also need to lose the sob stories as an excuse for being fat.

• Advertisement

Naggdefy wrote: »
    Very pretty too.
    She seems like a really warm decent person.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

This is incredibly deep.
    I hope Shane gets the help and support he needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    As a parent who’s child has various health issues emotional eating is a huge issue for a lot parents in her situation. You will always put your child first and your health suffers because of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Eddie is as fat as the guy he is meant to be helping

Am sure I am not the only one trying this experiment at home?
    I use my arms to get up on an armchair yep...clue in the name it's also a really deep chair lol
    I don't on sofa though

• Advertisement

I can't warm to Shane. Despite his obvious problems.

Is he spoilt or something? Just won't accept help.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Shane comes across as an overgrown child. Very child like tendancies and mannerisms.

I can't warm to Shane. Despite his obvious problems.

Is he spoilt or something? Just won't accept help.
    I think he comes across as a little bit childish, especially when it comes to the food and a tad moany definitely.
    But he clearly works his arse off to provide for his family have to respect that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Shane's Dad is a bit of a dinosaur, telling the woman to make him a cup of tea

The man looks depressed. His eyes are so sad looking. Hope he finds happiness and recovers.

Happy4all wrote: »
    Shane's Dad is a bit of a dinosaur, telling the woman to make him a cup if tea

He's very rough and ready compared to his son.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Dancewithme

Shanes Dad seems like a controlling domineering person, telling his wife to make tea. Then saying Shane never would go onto AstroTurf. Shane looks sooo unhappy at weigh in. He needs to be honest with himself. However hard that may be. Be it Dad issues or the issues with his catheter. I don't know. I am really on his side.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

His father seemed like a negative influence from the clip - almost willing Shane to fail :confused::confused:

He is one to be lecturing his son about his weight as well...horrible

The fella from Sligo last year working every hour was similar. Wouldn't open up. Had a lovely wife, like Shane but a dinosaur of a mother, like Shane's father. She wanted the son to shut up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭robinbird

His father seemed like a negative influence from the clip - almost willing Shane to fail :confused::confused:

Similar enough to Andreas mother. Toxic. I wonder what it would be like to come out to a father like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I wonder if that's what Eddie's comment of "surround yourself with people who are in your corner" referred to - i.e. don't get dragged down by your dad's negativity / mocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

His Dad is, to put it mildly, a belittling prick. If you don't eat your vegetables you gain weight? Yeah, says the fcuking Adonis demanding a cup of tea. You don't need Eddie Murphy to suss where the problem is there. I'm guessing a sensitive Shane could never measure up.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Got the impression Dr Eddie was telling Shane to loose the dad. He's not a positive influence, almost willing him to fail

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Hippykitten

Shane's Dad is a bit of a dinosaur, telling the woman to make him a cup of tea

& that's on camera ... imagine him off camera!

The fella from Sligo last year working every hour was similar. Wouldn't open up. Had a lovely wife, like Shane but a dinosaur of a mother, like Shane's father. She wanted the son to shut up.
    I remember him and totally agree, he worked in family shop I think?
    He just seemed detached from everything.

With a lot of people on this show they need counseling first and foremost. Get their mental health sorted.

Weight loss can come after that. Obviously exercise is a great help for your mental health.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Delighted for Shane to see the support he has from the community. I really hope that things improve for him. He has been through a lot. All that stuff with catheters as a young lad going to school cannot have been easy.

I don't think she used it as an excuse they brought it up?
    She is trying her best give her a bloody break like!

Yep they have been using sob stories for the last few years now for an excise for been overweight but this woman is immune to that.

• Advertisement

Has Karl lost a tonne of weight in the past?
    He seems a tad judgey for someone who isn't exactly an adonis...

Advertisement