Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,728 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

These are quite disturbing episodes.

Cant imagine how it is for people in real life situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,079 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope Seb's phone in his call to Abi got the attack heard

They are very sober considering they were on their hens and stag parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Pistachio19

Who beat them up? Missed it and just turned on when they were in hospital?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Very impressed with the actor playing Corey, he can change his persona vey well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Is that Seb dead then?

That was Coronation St at its best.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,677 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Abi is a poor actor.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

They were tough going! That Corey fella :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Very impressed with the actor playing Corey, he can change his persona vey well

I'd sort of like him also.
    It's a shame they've to make him into a real bad guy and he won't last long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Poor Roy, nearly bawling here

Me too, what a fantastic performance. David Neilson is a superb actor, Corrie at it's best.
    Poor Nina and Seb :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Is that Seb dead then?

Not a bit of it, hell be back in perfect health by this day week, the weather field general hospital is like, Lourdes, Knock, Fatima and Medajourie all in one, I'm surprised the Catholic Church hasn't a claim on it by now

Poor Roy, nearly bawling here

At least Carla was there for him, he will never love anyone but his Hayley :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I thought the scenes with Seb and Nina having some banter together were well done considering they have to socially distance there was some chemistry there, then Nina wondering into Corey and the gang having cans and making comments was a bit strange ( I know she was looking out for the girls) but we all know in this day and age to steer well clear of a situation like that. Roy at the hospital was heart breaking which shows what a good actor he is, I cried when the nurse handed him Ninas jewellery and he asked am I minding it or keeping it? Abbeys scenes didn't bother me I had no empathy for her as she never even asked how Nina was. I know in that situation your head is in a mess and you are worried for your child but if they were attacked with someone else you would have some concern for the welfare of the other person. I hope they both pull through and Corey and Kelly get what's coming to them

I hope Abi uses the garage tools on Corey, Kelly and his mates to make them all suffer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Fairly obvious that something bad was going to happen..(I don't read spoilers ).....but I can see Imran's services being called upon for Kellie or Corey..or both....

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Who beat them up? Missed it and just turned on when they were in hospital?

Corey and his friend

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

casio4 wrote: »
    I thought the scenes with Seb and Nina having some banter together were well done considering they have to socially distance there was some chemistry there, then Nina wondering into Corey and the gang having cans and making comments was a bit strange ( I know she was looking out for the girls) but we all know in this day and age to steer well clear of a situation like that. Roy at the hospital was heart breaking which shows what a good actor he is, I cried when the nurse handed him Ninas jewellery and he asked am I minding it or keeping it? Abbeys scenes didn't bother me I had no empathy for her as she never even asked how Nina was. I know in that situation your head is in a mess and you are worried for your child but if they were attacked with someone else you would have some concern for the welfare of the other person. I hope they both pull through and Corey and Kelly get what's coming to them

I wasnt a fan of Nina at first but agreed I could really see Seb and Nina working well. I was almost bawling watching Roy. He has been like a father to Carla and Nina.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Well done to the writers, actors and directors for not sensationalising this attack which was directly based on a real life murder in the UK.

Instead of dwelling on the drama around those scumbags Corey, Kelly and the others covering their tracks (will naturally come later), instead we get some somber scenes with the good people who are affected, culminating in not one, but two fantastic Roy monologues from the excellent David Neilson.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Thought tonight’s scenes with Nina and Seb were done very well. The underlying creeping sense of building fear felt very real. I thought Abbie could have done a little better though. It was very odd that she didn’t ask Roy how Nina was doing. Then when she was supposed to be crying she dipped her head for about half a minute raised it again and was completely dry eyed not a tear in sight and mascara perfect. I think Nina and Seb make a lovely couple and Nina has brought something special to the street so hopefully she’ll stick around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Toyah and Imran giving out to Kelly for coming home at 9.30 and them two in bed at that time! Did they want her to stay out later? ;)

Did Abi mention that Seb has HIV to the nurses?

Poor Roy saying he’s no family :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Toyah and Imran giving out to Kelly for coming home at 9.30 and them two in bed at that time! Did they want her to stay out later? ;)

I thought it was about 2am the way Toyah was talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I have a bad feeling Corey's dad could pay for this to go away. Where was Corey the night Asha said he didn't come home? Surely he wasn't with Kelly or Toyah would have known

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

My thoughts were if they were so worried why were they (presumably) in bed and not out asking questions......
    Loved that Roy brought his bag to the stag....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Jikashi wrote: »
    Well done to the writers, actors and directors for not sensationalising this attack which was directly based on a real life murder in the UK.

Instead of dwelling on the drama around those scumbags Corey, Kelly and the others covering their tracks (will naturally come later), instead we get some somber scenes with the good people who are affected, culminating in not one, but two fantastic Roy monologues from the excellent David Neilson.
    Weirdly they made a drama on ITV I think about that attack a few years ago and Seb actor played the male victim.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,183 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I've seen spec saying Corey's dad will try to buy his way out of trouble.

Dont know how people think that is possible with Roy involved. He is uncorruptable as he repeatedly showed Ray.

casio4 wrote: »
    I have a bad feeling Corey's dad could pay for this to go away. Where was Corey the night Asha said he didn't come home? Surely he wasn't with Kelly or Toyah would have known

Asha was with Amy so really she can't lie for Corey unless Amy does too

Summer will know how they were treating Nina and Seb before she left

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Real Summer would have gone straight to Billy and told him. Fake Summer was there swigging the cans with the rest of them. Terrible mess they have made of the character. She was a bit different when she started (old actor) but now she is just a slightly more timid Kelly.

I think Seb's phone will be key. That's why they made a big play of mentioning he rang the emergency services on Nina's phone.

Corey cartoonishly bad. They should have played that down a bit and shown how charming he can be which is why Asha stays with him.

Advertisement