Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭JoChervil

Was a bit stupid Steve saying to Carla and Peter he was worried Amy might have seen them on the couch. The same Amy that has already had sex and then had an abortion. Might not be the nicest thing to see her uncle doing but I doubt she’d have been left clutching her pearls.
    Poor Sam had an awful birthday. Hopefully Sharon won’t stick around too long I’ve found her extremely irritating from her first scene. Asha has a brass neck after what she’s put her dad through with the topless photos and the way she speaks to her dad is terrible. Dev is way too soft with her.

You are dead right with Amy and Sharon.

And Asha just cries for love. If she can't get it in a positive way, she will provoke it in a negative way to feel that she matters. Like a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Rosita

Alina is supposed to be 23 and Tyrone is 39 in December.

The actress is 27 and he's 38 on the real world so they are reasonably on the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭steinbock123

For fecks sake, anorexic looking woman arrives at the door bearing two large birthday balloons, says I used to live around here years ago and I know your mother, so Sarah let’s her in , gives her the run of the house, fecks off for an hour leaving said woman in charge of a minor (who Sarah herself was left to care for) and we are supposed to swallow this as normal sensible behaviour .
    I’d love to know what sort of world the writers live in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

"You're on the transplant list but let's be realistic Peter, it could be weeks, months, even years before you hear anything"

*Three episodes later*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Jikashi wrote: »
    "You're on the transplant list but let's be realistic Peter, it could be weeks, months, even years before you hear anything"

*Three episodes later*

In fairness they must be running out of yellow make up at this stage.............:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,413 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is that Nick and Leanne's flat that Asha and Corey are in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is that Nick and Leanne's flat that Asha and Corey are in?

They were renting it, and Asha said the Nick let the lease go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Why does Ruby call Fizz "mummy".....she is Kirsty and Tyrone's daughter and as far as I remember Fizz never adopted her or anything....

• Registered Users Posts: 30,309 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Why does Ruby call Fizz "mummy".....she is Kirsty and Tyrone's daughter and as far as I remember Fizz never adopted her or anything....

Some families just go that route in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,054 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

*Three episodes later*

I think it's actually very insulting to people in that situation in real life.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Kauto0709 wrote: »

For the same reason that Hope calls Tyrone "daddy" and the girls grew up as sisters. Fizz is the only mother Ruby has been aware of her whole life; Kirsty has had no involvement in her life and Fizz and Tyrone got together shortly after she was born.

Failing to get the ball rolling on legal recognition may come up later like the matter of marriage has and the matter of property ownership likely will. I hope it won't come to that, it's a litigious and mean streak that would have to be written into Tyrone's character that would be as unwelcome as it would be in keeping with the recent character assassination in the writer's room.

For the same reason that Hope calls Tyrone "daddy" and the girls grew up as sisters. Fizz is the only mother Ruby has been aware of her whole life; Kirsty has had no involvement in her life and Fizz and Tyrone got together shortly after she was born.

Failing to get the ball rolling on legal recognition may come up later like the matter of marriage has and the matter of property ownership likely will. I hope it won't come to that, it's a litigious and mean streak that would have to be written into Tyrone's character that would be as unwelcome as it would be in keeping with the recent character assassination in the writer's room.

I suspect, though I might be wrong, that the writers want to make Alina Markle-like character to show the process, how not the smartest man can be manipulated by a nice beautiful women and be changed in the process.

Or at least I would do, if I was writing it....

I think it's actually very insulting to people in that situation in real life.

It could have happened if a family member was a donor.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Can they not knock Peter out now?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,054 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

JoChervil wrote: »
    It could have happened if a family member was a donor.

I doubt you could be a liver donor though?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

I doubt you could be a liver donor though?

They can take part of it but Peter shouldn't be getting it this quick.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/liver-transplant/waiting-list/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,021 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I don't understand why Leanne and Co can't keep in contact with their mobile phones.. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Meeoow

Does Tyrone really think he should take Alina to the wedding? Inappropriate.
    And expecting Abi to invite her to the hen party?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Is the Sharon cancer storyline a load of bull?

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    They were renting it, and Asha said the Nick let the lease go.

I thought Nick owned it

Has Peter still not forgiven Adam?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭Sparko

Meeoow wrote: »
    Does Tyrone really think he should take Alina to the wedding? Inappropriate.
    And expecting Abi to invite her to the hen party?

Tyrone is being absolutely destroyed by this storyline.

Surely Fiz wouldn't want to go to the wedding anyway, she's not exactly best friends with Abi and Kevin and with Tyrone as best man she'd be seeing a lot of him there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Sharon on the street for two weeks and already is a 'mentor' in the prison? All Jenny has to do is call the prison ro get details. Surely there would be background checks that would take more than two weeks to process? That's aasuming such a programme exists in the first place. Just not credible.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Imagine sitting beside Alina at a wedding...there'd be no craic at all.

Why would Alina want to go to her ex boyfriend's mother's wedding?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Was a bit stupid Steve saying to Carla and Peter he was worried Amy might have seen them on the couch. The same Amy that has already had sex and then had an abortion. Might not be the nicest thing to see her uncle doing but I doubt she’d have been left clutching her pearls.
    Poor Sam had an awful birthday. Hopefully Sharon won’t stick around too long I’ve found her extremely irritating from her first scene. Asha has a brass neck after what she’s put her dad through with the topless photos and the way she speaks to her dad is terrible. Dev is way too soft with her.

Good points! "Clutching her pearls"lol! Dunno where they had the room to cavort on the floor either.. I was hoping to get a look at Carla's fancy underwear. She never wears figure hugging clothes. Hard to see what shape she is.I love the way Peter can portray that glint in his eye! Anyone who's watched the Corrie bloopers scene where someone makes a comment about "breaking someone's back door in"...and Peter actor is talking about it afterwards..he says he doesn't understand the double entendre but then looks into the camera with a cheeky smile will know what I mean. Dunno why he's always wrapped in that awful blanket though.
    See those really old time black and white Fleischer cartoons with the skeletons dancing about? That's what Sharon was like. How awkward for poor wee Sam. I think he's adorable.
    Asha is an idiot! She knew what a dickhead Corey was 5 mins ago. He's not even pretending to be nice. I've no pity for the silly little wench.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

Nice of Carlos the Jackass to conveniently spell out the name of the target. "B for Barlow." Mmmmmm Bravo alpha Roméo etc might have been better.

Sharon wasn't very sharp with her answer. A mate's son that fell in with the wrong crowd. Brush her off instead of digging a hole for herself.

Few scenes with Sharon from 1999 here, starting at around 4 mins.

.."run Forrest run"......

See Lego have a Peter character for their Corrie edition.....:p

Sparko wrote: »

Few scenes with Sharon from 1999 here, starting at around 4 mins.

Wow...never knew Jai was in corrie..7 mins

• Advertisement

Wow...never knew Jai was in corrie..7 mins

Yeah Vikram, related to Dev. His nephew or cousin or something like that. He started Street Cars with Steve.

Stephen Graham on screen around 5 mins in, never knew he was in Corrie.

Advertisement