Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Games Have You Completed? (2020 Edition)

Options

Comments

Finished Tell Me Why there. Nothing good to say about it really. Easily the worst thing dontnod have done. Added nothing to the 'universe' they seem to want to create around these games.

All I'm left with thinking is 'tell me why' I finished it :rolleyes:

One particular dialogue with Eddie sticks out late on
    you can tell him it was you who killed your mother and he lets you walk out of the office cool as you like when the least you'd expect is a don't ever tell anyone else about that

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

[Xbox]

The Outer Worlds

Really good game. I enjoyed the 30 odd hours I spent playing it. I will pick up the DLC at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Mario 64 on Switch.

Yes the camera could be frustrating but I find the game really holds up today once you get used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Panzer Dragoon Remake (PC)

... how did I never complete this as a kid, that was easy.
    Also a bit abrupt. Definitely would've been miffed if I'd paid full-price for this in the 90s, but at 20 quid I can give this a pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Ghost of Tsuchima
    Mafia: Definitive Edition

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

GAME|PLATFORM

Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing|PC
    Gato Roboto|PC
    Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker|PS3
    D|PC
    Dragon's Lair|PC
    Return of Egypt|PC
    Shin Megami Tensei: Synchronicity Prologue|PC
    Florence|PC
    Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: The Answer|PS2
    The Last of Us: Left Behind|PS4
    3D Dot Game Heroes|PS3
    Black Mesa|PC
    Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei: Megami Tensei |SNES
    Rusty's Real Deal Baseball |3DS
    Donkey Kong Country 2 (102%) |SNES
    Picross: Lord of the Nazarick |Switch
    Pharaoh Rebirth+|PC
    Call of Duty: Black Ops 2|PC
    Megaman V|NES
    Halo 2|PC
    Sonic Adventure 2|PC
    Mini Metro|Android
    Halo 3|PC
    Vermintide 2|PC
    Bangai-O Missile Fury|XBox 360
    Professor Layton and the Curious Village HD|Android
    Final Fantasy XIII-2|PC
    The Last of Us Part 2|PS4
    Ace Combat 7|PC
    The Room|Android
    Halo Combat Evolved - MCC|PC

Halo Combat Evolved - MCC

Showing it's age now. Not a fan of the anniversary addition graphics. The overly specular bump mapping ruins the look of the original game. And they ruined the look of the original game by porting the broken PC version which looks terribly flat with the original's bump mapping not working properly. It's a decent fun shooter until you end up getting to the library and going backwards through every level and it becomes a whole lot of no fun at all. A game of two halves. Still prefer it to Halo 2 but it's Halo 3 where the series shined and got really good. Bit eye opening how bad the original script is with jokes that come across very juvenile. Probably seemed cool at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Metro Last Light
    Only took 3 years or so and I finished it mainy as Exodus was only €15 on Steam last week. Good game dont really recall the 1st half of the game/

Horizons Zero Dawn
    Easily one of the best games I have played in years, excellent combat and decetn story. Sadly performance on PC wasnt great but the patch that came out the day after i finished it makes it run a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

@Gamer Bhoy 89 How did you get two columns on one table?

Put this between what you want in a separate table: |

First Game | Platform

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Finally played and completed The Witcher 3. I've no idea why it took me so long to finally play this game. Obviously I loved it. It did have some clunky controls and I found some of the Witcher contracts repetitive when you constantly had to follow footprints/smells. Other than those minor complaints, everything else was excellent. The side quests were the best I've played in any game.

I'll pick up the two DLC expansions when they are reduced in a sale.

Game|Platform|Game|Platform
    Outlast| PlayStation 4| Infamous| PlayStation 3 (PS Now)
    Letter Quest Remastered| PlayStation 4| Infamous 2| PlayStation 3 (PS Now)
    Costume Quest 2| PlayStation 4 (PS Now)| Infamous: Festival of Blood| PlayStation 3 (PS Now)| Infamous: Second Son| PlayStation 4
    Metro Last Light Redux| PlayStation 4 (PS Now)| Infamous: First Light| PlayStation 4
    Little Nightmares & DLC| PlayStation 4| Ratchet and Clank Future: A Quest for Booty| PlayStation 3 (PS Now)
    Horizon Zero Dawn & Frown Wilds DLC| PlayStation 4| Call of Duty: WW2| PlayStation 4
    Forgotten Anne| PlayStation 4| The Witcher 3| PlayStation 4
    Dust: An Elysian Tale| PlayStation 4
    Oxenfree| PlayStation 4
    Kona| PlayStation 4
    Abzu| PlayStation 4
    Vampyr| PlayStation 4 (PS Now)
    Loco Roco| PlayStation 4 (PS Now)
    Rise of the Tomb Raider| PlayStation 4
    Control| PlayStation 4 (PS Now)
    Scarlett Mysteries: Cursed Child| PlayStation 4
    Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus| PlayStation 4 (PS Now)
    Rime| PlayStation 4
    Dreamwalker: Never Fall Asleep| PlayStation 4
    Shadow of the Tomb Raider| PlayStation 4 (PS Now)
    Unravel| PlayStation 4
    Just Cause 4| PlayStation 4 (PS Now)
    South Park: The Stick of Truth| PlayStation 4
    Path of Sin: Greed| PlayStation 4
    Guacamelee 2| PlayStation 4
    Agatha Christie: The ABC Murders| PlayStation 4 (PS Now)
    Day of the Tentacle| PlayStation 4
    Get Even| PlayStation 4 (PS Now)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Metro Exodus - Ps4
    Devil may cry 5 - ps4
    Yakuza 6 - ps4
    FF7 Remake - ps4
    Mafia 2 - ps4
    Uncharted: The Lost Legacy ps4
    The Outer Worlds - ps4
    Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order - ps4
    Trials of mana - ps4
    Judgement - ps4
    Ghost of Tsushima - ps4

Mafia - ps4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

GAME|PLATFORM
    Star wars Jedi Fallen order|PS4
    Control|PS4
    Control DLC:The foundation |PS4
    Control DLC:AWE |PS4
    Tekken 7 story Mode|PS4
    Death Stranding | PS4
    Super Mario Odyessy | Switch
    Subnautica | PS4
    Fire Emblem three houses | Switch
    Dark Souls Remastered | PS4
    Katana Zero | Switch
    Doom Eternal | PS4
    Return of the Obra dinn | Switch
    FF7 Remake | PS4
    What remains of Edith finch | PS4
    Far Cry 5 | PS4
    The Last of us Part 2 | PS4
    The outer Wilds | PS4
    Final fantasy Tactics War of the lions | PSP
    Yakuza Kiwami | PS4
    Castlevania Portrait of Ruin | DS
    Ghost of Tsushima | PS4
    Hades | Switch

Hades
    Didn't think I would be posting so quickly I have "finished" this a few times but
    Think the true ending is behind ten successful runs have managed three so far
    the art style and the connection to Greek myth is great, The combat is a just one more go variety aswell, legit addictive.

Currently still playing the above, Greedfall and I just downloaded Tony hawks 1 and 2 remake which even with a short go of it, its hitting the nostalgia part of my brain, even if THSP3 was my first real one I played by myself.

Control DLC:AWE
    Won't say too much not to spoil it , but gives an element of horror to control more so than the base game, Worth playing for any fans of Alan wake. Tad short though the main quest a lot more than the foundation I found, and seemed less tied to the main story than the previous DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

GAME Mafia: Definitive Edition
    PLATFORM Xbox One

Beat it on Classic difficulty.

Good game -- plays well, but I kind-of wish someone else developed it. Something about it seemed a bit clunky - I couldn't put my finger on it. Ran into a few glitches as well but nothing game-breaking (cars colliding with nothing, and there was also one instance where an A.I.-controlled car I was chasing fell through the ground, causing me to fail the mission).

I have to say, Hangar 13 aren't the best. But other than my complaints I mostly had fun playing it. It was nice to play an open world game that wasn't covered in collectibles and icons, and was also linear. I'm on free mode now - gonna see if I can be bothered picking up everything else I missed but I doubt I will.

Games Beaten in 2020 So Far
    GAME|PLATFORM
    STAR WARS JEDI: FALLEN ORDER|XBOX ONE
    MY FRIEND PEDRO|XBOX ONE
    UNTITLED GOOSE GAME|XBOX ONE
    FLOWER|PS4
    CASTLEVANIA: SYMPHONY OF THE NIGHT|PS4
    NBA STREET|PS2
    FINAL FANTASY VII: REMAKE|PS4
    STREETS OF RAGE 4|PS4
    ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW HORIZONS|NINTENDO SWITCH
    THE LAST OF US: REMASTERED|PS4
    THE LAST OF US: LEFT BEHIND (DLC)|PS4
    POWER RANGERS: THE MOVIE|SEGA MEGA DRIVE
    FINAL FIGHT|NINTENDO SWITCH
    THE LAST OF US PART II|PS4
    GHOST OF TSUSHIMA|PS4
    UNCHARTED: THE LOST LEGACY|PS4
    SHADOW OF THE TOMB RAIDER|PS4
    TONY HAWK'S PRO SKATER 1+2|PS4
    MAFIA: DEFINITIVE EDITION|XBOX ONE

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭da gamer

Star wars jedi fallen order - PS4
    Gears of war ultimate edition - Xbox one
    The witcher 3 - PS4
    Hellblade senuas sacrifice - Xbox one
    The walking dead michonne - Xbox one
    Rage 2 - PS4
    Sniper elite 4 - PS4
    Call of duty modern warfare remastered - PS4
    Pes 2019 - PS4
    Shadow warrior 2 - Xbox one
    Final fantasy 7 remake - PS4
    Burnout paradise - PS4
    Streets of rage 4 - Xbox one
    Blair witch - Xbox one
    Doom eternal - PS4
    Wreckfest - PS4
    Pes 2020 - Xbox one
    The last of us part 2 - PS4
    Sherlock holmes crimes and punishments - PS4

Doom 64 - Switch

• Registered Users Posts: 1 soloJennie

Diablo III
    Dungeon Siege I
    FIFA 19
    INSIDE
    Plants vs. Zombies I

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭da gamer

Star wars jedi fallen order - PS4
    Gears of war ultimate edition - Xbox one
    The witcher 3 - PS4
    Hellblade senuas sacrifice - Xbox one
    The walking dead michonne - Xbox one
    Rage 2 - PS4
    Sniper elite 4 - PS4
    Call of duty modern warfare remastered - PS4
    Pes 2019 - PS4
    Shadow warrior 2 - Xbox one
    Final fantasy 7 remake - PS4
    Burnout paradise - PS4
    Streets of rage 4 - Xbox one
    Blair witch - Xbox one
    Doom eternal - PS4
    Wreckfest - PS4
    Pes 2020 - Xbox one
    The last of us part 2 - PS4
    Sherlock holmes crimes and punishments - PS4
    Doom 64 - Switch

Deliver us the moon - Xbox one

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

GAME|PLATFORM

Gato Roboto|PC
    D|PC
    Dragon's Lair|PC
    Return of Egypt|PC
    Florence|PC
    3D Dot Game Heroes|PS3
    Black Mesa|PC
    Pharaoh Rebirth+|PC
    Megaman V|NES
    Halo 2|PC
    Sonic Adventure 2|PC
    Mini Metro|Android
    Halo 3|PC
    Vermintide 2|PC
    Final Fantasy XIII-2|PC
    Ace Combat 7|PC
    The Room|Android
    Deus Ex|PC

Deus Ex

Finally completely one of my great gaming sins, never having completed this game. Glad I did as it lives up to the reputation of being an extraordinary game. An absolute masterclass in RPG and level design. There's so many options to role play, so many ways to approach each level and it's just so much fun to sneak around and plan out how your character will develop. The sci-fi conspiracy theory story serves its purpose and is equal parts enjoyably silly and at other points very on the nose.

Quite simply one of the absolute best games of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Another update

GAME|PLATFORM
    Final Fantasy X|PC
    Medal of Honor: European Assault|XBOX
    Project Gotham Racing 2|XBOX
    Indycar Series|XBOX
    Medal of Honor: Rising sun|Xbox
    Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis|XBOX
    Red Faction|PC
    Red Faction II|PC
    Sin Episodes: Emergance|PC
    Medal of Honor: Allied Assault|PC
    Rise of the Tomb Raider|XBOX 360
    Prince of Persia: warrior Within|XBOX
    Enter the Matrix|XBOX
    The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind|PC
    Enslaved: Odyssey to the West|XBOX 360
    Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines|XBOX
    Shellshock: Nam'67|XBOX
    Medal of Honor (2010)|XBOX 360
    Medal of Honor: Warfighter|XBOX 360
    King Kong|XBOX
    Dead or Alive Ultimate|XBOX
    Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate|XBOX
    Men of Valor|PC
    Final Fantasy XIII|XBOX 360

Dead or alive 2 Ultimate.
    Much nicer looking than the first game, moves flow into one another a lot smoother than the first game and overall it just feels better.

Men of Valor.
    I really wanted to like this game, and it does so many things well with the setting and visuals but it has awful design decisions just comming out the ass, mostly regarding issues with health and health regeneration as well as enemy spawn points and awful, awful checkpointing.

Final Fantasy XIII.
    I finally went back to it and powered through. It has plenty of issues but to be honest, they are massively exaggerated by people. Honestly, it's grand... not terrible but not very good either.

Final Fantasy XIII.
    I finally went back to it and powered through. It has plenty of issues but to be honest, they are massively exadurated by people. Honestly, it's grand... not terrible but not very good either.

And the sequels get waaaaay beter. FFXIII-2 is a great game but FFXIII-3 is a real under appreciated gem.

Another one from gamepass for me, Night in the Woods. This has serious charm and humour and I loved the art style and script. The dialogue between Mae and Gregg especially was great. **** those mini games though, the rogue-lite one on the computer was tough but I had to get my partner to help with the guitar hero one and we took 2 buttons each to cheese it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    And the sequels get waaaaay beter. FFXIII-2 is a great game but FFXIII-3 is a real under appreciated gem.

That's good to know. i'll probably check them out at some time. I bought XIII-2 at the same time as XIII for about €3 and it's sitting in a shelf somewhere.

By the by...
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Finally completely one of my great gaming sins, never having completed this game. Glad I did as it lives up to the reputation of being an extraordinary game. An absolute masterclass in RPG and level design. There's so many options to role play, so many ways to approach each level and it's just so much fun to sneak around and plan out how your character will develop. The sci-fi conspiracy theory story serves its purpose and is equal parts enjoyably silly and at other points very on the nose.

Quite simply one of the absolute best games of all time.

Delighted more people are experiencing this. It's been my favorite game for two decades. Tell me, what ending did you go for? and did you
    save Jock from the helicopter explosion?

• Advertisement

GAME|PLATFORM

Gato Roboto|PC
    D|PC
    Dragon's Lair|PC
    Return of Egypt|PC
    Florence|PC
    3D Dot Game Heroes|PS3
    Black Mesa|PC
    Pharaoh Rebirth+|PC
    Megaman V|NES
    Halo 2|PC
    Sonic Adventure 2|PC
    Mini Metro|Android
    Halo 3|PC
    Vermintide 2|PC
    Final Fantasy XIII-2|PC
    Ace Combat 7|PC
    The Room|Android
    Deus Ex|PC
    Panzer Dragoon|PC

Panzer Dragoon

I think the team that did the best they could with this remake with the material they had. Panzer Dragoon was more a tech demo for the saturn and felt rushed and wasn't that great a rail shooter. It seriously needed a visual overhaul and looks great although I had loads of tearing as I couldn't turn on v-sync. Gameplay is very faithful to the original which is both a good and bad thing. If you are good at the game it will only last about an hour with the final stage being the only real challenge and not much scope for replayability.

Hope the rumours are true that the same team is remaking Panzer Dragoon Zwei as that is one of the all time great rail rail shooters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭quokula

Spiritfarer
    You are the spiritfarer, roughly analogous of the river styx boatman of Greek mythology, taking recently departed spirits aboard your boat, seeing to their needs, and laying them to rest when they are ready. This mostly plays out in crafter-gatherer gameplay, where you sail your boat around a map getting the resources to meet the needs of each character that boards your boat. You get to know the characters, details of their life, and how they died. Nothing is ever too explicit, details are generally left open to interpretation. Thanks to brilliant animation, sound effects (there is no voice acting but the character's personalities come through surprisingly well in their grunts and gasps) and one of the best soundtracks I've come across in a game for years, you really come to care for these characters as you feed them and house them and generally care for them in their final days. And when that final moment comes, it can really hit hard in a way few other games do. One character's arc in particular made me turn off the console and just sit and contemplate for a while.

It's not without missteps however. The early characters seem much more fleshed out than most of the later ones who can seem more one dimensional. This isn't helped by the increasing complexity of the crafting as you go along. In the early game you're growing a particular vegetable or cooking a particular meal for a particular passenger, and they're always present in your mind. In the later game you can be searching for resources, mining, logging, milling, smelting, smithing etc. for so long that you start to forget about the passengers you're doing it for and you lose some of that connection that the game is so good at creating early on. The grind got to the point where I was just pleased to get it over with by the end, which is a pity after such a strong start. I'd still recommend it despite that though, there's not really any other game like it.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Can't say I quite agree with Dishonored 2 rendering the first obsolete. I enjoyed both, though I did play them in order of release.
    Have just installed Death of The Outsider, I hear its overall its quite good with one outstanding level but overall doesn't reach the standard of one or two.

I think you might have ruined it on yourself with the save scumming. I did a pacifist run with a few... accidents. But the game is lenient enough that you should be ok with a few deaths. I never paid to much attention to the unconscious guards health.

PC definitely had quick saves as well.

Advertisement