Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Games Have You Completed? (2020 Edition)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Castlevania Portrait of Ruin

This game took me back to my youth playing Dawn of sorrow on the DS never did get this follow on at the time, so glad I got to play it now. Enjoyable game and the tag system is alright. Standard castlevania post symphony of the night, I heard Order of Ecclesia is meant to be quite good too so will play that next .

It's good but the bosses take waaaaaaay too many hits to kill and the increased difficulty is more to do with damage sponge enemies than actual design. It looks gorgeous but I never managed to finish it but would like to go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's good but the bosses take waaaaaaay too many hits to kill and the increased difficulty is more to do with damage sponge enemies than actual design. It looks gorgeous but I never managed to finish it but would like to go back.

Totally agree, ended up using cheats for the last two bosses. Might not have bested it with skill but I got it done.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Totally agree, ended up using cheats for the last two bosses. Might not have bested it with skill but I got it done.

I was on about Ecclessia. I do remember enjoying portrait of ruin but it doesn't standout that much. Just the weird levels like the circus and egypt and I remember there were like evil versions or something? It did have some really good post game characters to play as. The entirely touch screen character was really fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

There was also no reason for him to be mixed race as opposed to fully black when it’s established from the offset.

I think he is full black and not a half cast?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order
    Control
    Ori & the Blind Forest
    Gears 5
    Animal Crossing (paid off my house?)
    Ghost of Tsushima
    Hypnospace Outlaw
    A Short Hike

Highly recommend Hypnospace Outlaw, that game goes places! Not ashamed to say I had to use a guide for the last part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

GAME Shadow of the Tomb Raider
    PLATFORM PS4

As per usual with these games I never really care for the story that much - I'm in it purely for the gameplay and this one delivered just as well as the previous two.

Since I played it on a PS4 Pro, I was initially delighted that I was able to play it in 60fps but unfortunately there were way too many moments during gameplay where the frame rate just dropped to the low 30s, so I switched it to Resolution Mode with 30fps. I couldn't care less about the frame rate being 30 or 60 but if it's inconsistent it puts me off and gives me a headache. I would imagine there is less of that problem on an Xbox One X (or even PC)

Regardless if you have yet to play any of the rebooted Tomb Raider trilogy and you're a fan of Uncharted, then they are a must-buy.

There are so many collectibles as well.

Look at that, I beat three games in 2 weeks. Haven't had much of a desire to complete many games this year so I was happy I stuck with these last three games.

Not sure where to go next. THPS1+2 is out this week so I'll probably hold off on trying to beat anything while that's around.

Games Beaten in 2020 So Far
    GAME|PLATFORM
    STAR WARS JEDI: FALLEN ORDER|XBOX ONE
    MY FRIEND PEDRO|XBOX ONE
    UNTITLED GOOSE GAME|XBOX ONE
    FLOWER|PS4
    CASTLEVANIA: SYMPHONY OF THE NIGHT|PS4
    NBA STREET|PS2
    FINAL FANTASY VII: REMAKE|PS4
    STREETS OF RAGE 4|PS4
    ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW HORIZONS|NINTENDO SWITCH
    THE LAST OF US: REMASTERED|PS4
    THE LAST OF US: LEFT BEHIND (DLC)|PS4
    POWER RANGERS: THE MOVIE|SEGA MEGA DRIVE
    FINAL FIGHT|NINTENDO SWITCH
    THE LAST OF US PART II|PS4
    GHOST OF TSUSHIMA|PS4
    UNCHARTED: THE LOST LEGACY|PS4
    SHADOW OF THE TOMB RAIDER|PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Game System
    Final Fantasy X PC
    Medal of Honor: European Assault XBOX
    Project Gotham Racing 2 XBOX
    Indycar Series XBOX
    Medal of Honor: Rising Sun XBOX
    Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis XBOX
    Red Faction PC
    Red Faction II PC
    Sin Episodes: Emergence PC
    Medal of Honor: Allied Assault PC
    Rise of the Tomb Raider XBOX 360
    Prince of Persia: Warrior Within XBOX
    Enter the Matrix XBOX
    The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind PC
    Enslaved: Odyssey to the West XBOX 360
    Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines XBOX
    Shellshock: Nam '67 XBOX
    Medal of Honor (2010) XBOX 360
    Medal of Honor: Warfighter XBOX 360
    King Kong XBOX
    Dead or Alive Ultimate XBOX

MOH(2010)
    A surprisingly fun game and a much needed update to the formula. I find the Afghan setting allowed it to have it's own identity while still maintaining it's real world feel.

MOH: Warfighter.
    Fairly poor, the grounded feel of the last game is replaced with globetrotting terrorist chases, OTT set pieces and a very convoluted story. Missions would often have very little context for why you're there. the characters are flat and boring. The combat feels off compared to the 2010 game, aiming isn't as snappy and enemies too often just blend into the background. It's not terrible but it feels like a superficial version of COD.

King Kong: The official game of the movie.
    This was surprisingly great, much more than a licenced game should be. the guns feel good, though with ammo so scarce, the majority of your time will be throwing spears, solving basic environmental puzzles and trying to survive the most dangerous island in the world. The few Kong sections are fun if a bit easy but that's more or less where the power fantasy part comes in. It also tries to tell it's own version of the story instead of being a stripped down version of the film. It looks great too, especially how they incorporated the lack of a HUD.

Dead or Alive ultimate.
    It's grand, feels a lot like early Virtua Fighter games. Your movements are a bit more "sticky" though. The funniest thing here is they have an on/off setting in the options menu literally called "bouncing breasts". They don't even try to mask it like later games.

P.S. How do you guys incorporate those tables into your posts? they look much nicer than just writing out a list.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

P.S. How do you guys incorporate those tables into your posts? they look much nicer than just writing out a list.

The blue 4x4 square in the reply tools is the "table" tag. Or you could just quote a post containing a table to see the exact format that poster used. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

GAME Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2
    PLATFORM PS4

My left thumb hurts a lot from playing this.

I really hope they give us some THPS3 and THPS4 content going forward in some capacity - maybe as DLC expansions. I want more of this so bad - I love THPS.

Games Beaten in 2020 So Far
    GAME|PLATFORM
    STAR WARS JEDI: FALLEN ORDER|XBOX ONE
    MY FRIEND PEDRO|XBOX ONE
    UNTITLED GOOSE GAME|XBOX ONE
    FLOWER|PS4
    CASTLEVANIA: SYMPHONY OF THE NIGHT|PS4
    NBA STREET|PS2
    FINAL FANTASY VII: REMAKE|PS4
    STREETS OF RAGE 4|PS4
    ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW HORIZONS|NINTENDO SWITCH
    THE LAST OF US: REMASTERED|PS4
    THE LAST OF US: LEFT BEHIND (DLC)|PS4
    POWER RANGERS: THE MOVIE|SEGA MEGA DRIVE
    FINAL FIGHT|NINTENDO SWITCH
    THE LAST OF US PART II|PS4
    GHOST OF TSUSHIMA|PS4
    UNCHARTED: THE LOST LEGACY|PS4
    SHADOW OF THE TOMB RAIDER|PS4
    TONY HAWK'S PRO SKATER 1+2|PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Control (PS4, ps now)
    Class game actually. What do you expect from the guys who made Max Payne and Alan Wake.

Killzone Shadow Fall (PS4, ps now)
    Alright game. Would say the first half of the game is better than the second.
    Seriously great looking game with great set pieces. The aiming is probably the worst I have ever played in any FPS game. The developers didn't put auto aim (fair enough) but moving the right control stick is a jerky mess.

Halo ODST (XBOX ONE, game pass)
    One of the halo games I never played when it came out. Decent halo.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 LillyLin

his year was unusual for me, since before I did not have as much time for games as now during quarantine
    I can count from the games I have passed:
    THE LAST OF US PART II
    OUTER WORLDS
    ASSASSIN'S CREED ODYSSEY
    STAR WARS JEDI: FALLEN ORDER
    The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan
    a way out
    now I play Russian MMO RPG so dragged

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

GAME
    Crysis
    Crysis Warhead
    Crysis 2
    Crysis 3
    Death Stranding
    Doom 64
    Doom Eternal
    Half Life: Alyx
    Resident Evil 3
    Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
    Sniper Elite 4

Death Stranding
    Over all I liked it. I'll give Kojima credit for coming up with a unique story, setting and visuals, but the story was just naff overall that believes itself far more profound than it is. The performance from the cast where on the whole quite good, particularly from the two leads but when characters started ****e-ing on about "HA's" and "KA's" I eye rolled and the Lockne self hugging scene just made me laugh out loud at how stupid it looked as did the running on the beach scene. Also the names of some of the characters like Die Hardman where also more than a bit on the ridiculous side.

Gameplay wise it makes what you would normally consider grindy padding fetch quest gameplay its core pillar. Its not very challenging and as the main point of the game you sort of don't feel its a grind, unless your going for 100% completion and even that didn't feel too bad. It also works well within the context of the story. As some people have already said it can feel quite relaxing and it does also give a nice sense of progression. Lots of menu's to wade through but after a while you understand what their there for and how to skip through the ones you don't need and how to more efficiently equip yourself out and spend less them in them. The combat/stealth mechanics are solid nothing wrong with them but not particular memorable either. Lots of equipment but I ended up just using the same equipment and tactics over and over. The BT's themselves where rather easy to avoid. The lack of difficulty was probably a good thing as repeating the core gameplay over and over would get frustrating. With the gameplay as it is, I don't think it has much replay-ability, unless your coming back to it years later.

Technically, I put 100 hours on PC and not a single crash and generally excellent performance on my system. I've seen post apocalyptic environments a millions times before and again credit to Kojima for coming up with something relatively unique looking. Also liked some of the music but its a little disappointing you can't turn it on manually outside of the rest rooms.

As I said overall I like it, but I can easily understand if anyone said they they found it total ****e.

DOOM 64
    Came as a bonus with the deluxe edition of Doom Eternal.
    Its 75% classic Doom and Doom 2 and 25% Doom 3.
    Gameplay is very similar to the classic Dooms, same weapons, same demons, same linear levels that require you to find keycards then back track to a door when you get the key, plus lots of secrets to find. It does go for a more horror vibe like Doom 3 but not to the same extent. Its not a scary game now a days by any means but it does have plenty of ambush situations and attempts at jump scares, one of which was particularly effective. Of course its a N64 game and I can appreciate it really took advantage of that systems architecture for the time. Its clearly graphically superior to the original Doom games on PC. Its more advanced lighting reinforces the horror theme as does its the musice. As the N64 couldn't do Doom original soundtrack, rather than bastardizing it they opted for a kinda of spooky ambient music and sounds.

The port includes extra missions over the original as well.

Gameplay does feel easier than the original games. Playing on the hardest difficulty, you occasionally get caught in ambushes or fall into escapble kill pits (so cheap!) but if your using quick save feature so you don't loose your guns when you dies its not that challenging. If you do opt to play without quick saving and restart the levels normally without guns when you die it is alot more challenging (and frustrating) There is one extremely challenging secret level as well. Not really much depth to the gameplay other than dodging projectiles. Was probably considerably harder to do on a N64 controller than mouse and keyboard.

Overall quite enjoyable, though I won't recommend long sittings with it, maybe completing one or two missions at a time before taking a break.

I loved both those Watch Dog games and cannot wait for the new one.

GAME|PLATFORM

Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing|PC
    Gato Roboto|PC
    Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker|PS3
    D|PC
    Dragon's Lair|PC
    Return of Egypt|PC
    Shin Megami Tensei: Synchronicity Prologue|PC
    Florence|PC
    Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: The Answer|PS2
    The Last of Us: Left Behind|PS4
    3D Dot Game Heroes|PS3
    Black Mesa|PC
    Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei: Megami Tensei |SNES
    Rusty's Real Deal Baseball |3DS
    Donkey Kong Country 2 (102%) |SNES
    Picross: Lord of the Nazarick |Switch
    Pharaoh Rebirth+|PC
    Call of Duty: Black Ops 2|PC
    Megaman V|NES
    Halo 2|PC
    Sonic Adventure 2|PC
    Mini Metro|Android
    Halo 3|PC
    Vermintide 2|PC
    Bangai-O Missile Fury|XBox 360
    Professor Layton and the Curious Village HD|Android
    Final Fantasy XIII-2|PC
    The Last of Us Part 2|PS4
    Ace Combat 7|PC
    The Room|Android

The Room

Not the Tommy Wiseau masterpiece. This is a point and click puzzle game where you are trying to open a series of boxes. The story is barely there but gives nice flavour text and atmosphere. The act of opening up the box and spotting little environmental details and the puzzles is immensely satisfying. It's an excellent mobile game. Also on Steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Got the cuphead platinum. Frustrating it parts but glad it came to ps4. Great game.

Retr0gamer wrote: »

The Room

Not the Tommy Wiseau masterpiece. This is a point and click puzzle game where you are trying to open a series of boxes. The story is barely there but gives nice flavour text and atmosphere. The act of opening up the box and spotting little environmental details and the puzzles is immensely satisfying. It's an excellent mobile game. Also on Steam.

Played that many years ago on my phone. There are sequels as well but you probably already knew that.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Finished The Room: Old Sins last night (4th in the Room series). My favourite of all of them I think.
    I think each one improves on the previous entry, so you have some excellent games ahead of you if you are working through them.

Story is nonsense though. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,095 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mr E wrote: »
    Story is nonsense though. :)

I’ve played through at least three of these games, and as far as I’m concerned you play as Johnny Room, a man tasked with opening weird, complicated boxes in eerie rooms for some reason. All the setup it needs.

Oh I downloaded the sequel straight after it. Between the Room games, the Layton games and a surprisingly amazing conversion of ff tactics in having a lot of fun with mobile games.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sunset Overdrive + DLC.
    Fun game. Even the tower defence and protect the people/moving vehicle weren't at bad as other games with pretty fair checkpoints.

Had a glitch with the second DLC though where the sound and dialogue stopped working, not even having subtitles. So was stuck on one part as didn't have the explanation of what I had to do. So looked online after turning it off and knew how to charge the weapon. Though when I started again the next day everything was grand. If only I thought to restart before.

• Advertisement

Finished Crosscode the other night, felt the wind went out of it's sails a bit towards the end and the story was a bit bonkers especially in the later stages but over all very enjoyable.

The level design was fantastic and left me scratching my head a few times, in a couple of cases I had to turn the assist on for puzzle speed and even resort to a guide in a few cases. The final one took me well over an hour to figure out :o

GAME|PLATFORM

Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing|PC
    Gato Roboto|PC
    Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker|PS3
    D|PC
    Dragon's Lair|PC
    Return of Egypt|PC
    Shin Megami Tensei: Synchronicity Prologue|PC
    Florence|PC
    Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: The Answer|PS2
    The Last of Us: Left Behind|PS4
    3D Dot Game Heroes|PS3
    Black Mesa|PC
    Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei: Megami Tensei |SNES
    Rusty's Real Deal Baseball |3DS
    Donkey Kong Country 2 (102%) |SNES
    Picross: Lord of the Nazarick |Switch
    Pharaoh Rebirth+|PC
    Call of Duty: Black Ops 2|PC
    Megaman V|NES
    Halo 2|PC
    Sonic Adventure 2|PC
    Mini Metro|Android
    Halo 3|PC
    Vermintide 2|PC
    Bangai-O Missile Fury|XBox 360
    Professor Layton and the Curious Village HD|Android
    Final Fantasy XIII-2|PC
    The Last of Us Part 2|PS4
    Ace Combat 7|PC
    The Room|Android
    Hollow Knight|PC

Hollow Knight

One of the best Metroidvanias I've played in a long time. Looks absolutely stunning as well. It's perhaps a little too long and the final stretch of just mopping up power ups and the final abilities drags a little but overall it's an amazing game.

I beat all the DLC as well except the last one which is just a step too far in what it demands of the player.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭da gamer

Star wars jedi fallen order - PS4
    Gears of war ultimate edition - Xbox one
    The witcher 3 - PS4
    Hellblade senuas sacrifice - Xbox one
    The walking dead michonne - Xbox one
    Rage 2 - PS4
    Sniper elite 4 - PS4
    Call of duty modern warfare remastered - PS4
    Pes 2019 - PS4
    Shadow warrior 2 - Xbox one
    Final fantasy 7 remake - PS4
    Burnout paradise - PS4
    Streets of rage 4 - Xbox one
    Blair witch - Xbox one
    Doom eternal - PS4
    Wreckfest - PS4
    Pes 2020 - Xbox one
    The last of us part 2 - PS4

Sherlock holmes crimes and punishments - PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

GAME|PLATFORM
    Star wars Jedi Fallen order|PS4
    Control|PS4
    Control DLC:The foundation |PS4
    Tekken 7 story Mode|PS4
    Death Stranding | PS4
    Super Mario Odyessy | Switch
    Subnautica | PS4
    Fire Emblem three houses | Switch
    Dark Souls Remastered | PS4
    Katana Zero | Switch
    Doom Eternal | PS4
    Return of the Obra dinn | Switch
    FF7 Remake | PS4
    What remains of Edith finch | PS4
    Far Cry 5 | PS4
    The Last of us Part 2 | PS4
    The outer Wilds | PS4
    Final fantasy Tactics War of the lions | PSP
    Yakuza Kiwami | PS4
    Castlevania Portrait of Ruin | DS
    Ghost of Tsushima | PS4

Ghosts of Tsushima

Overall enjoyable no TLOU part 2 but a good time sink, the first act dragged on a bit, but when you get more abilities it was cool taking on the camps and the rest, the side stories with the characters were pretty fleshed out with one of the arcs being my favourite in the game. Main story is pretty by the book but a good 8/10 from me. Better than days gone anyway , even though I did also enjoy that.

Currently playing hades at the moment and I think like other switch indies its outright amazing, reminds me of when I first played hollow knight, not expecting much but blown away when sat down with it.

Advertisement