Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The case of the racist blackcurrant drink

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    All of these cash grab humanities degrees by universities in the last decade are giving validation to people who should be confined to ranting on twitter and facebook. They are causing more problems and social unrest than they are solving.

She now works at UCD because only a facility with such a stupid PHD would hire someone who had taken their PHD course.

It would seem she speeds all her time finding racial inequality where there is none.

RACE!!
    zzzDrEbunJosephUCDSep2018_large.jpg?width=648&s=ie-870383

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

tuxy wrote: »
    She now works at UCD because only a facility with such a stupid PHD would hire someone who had taken their PHD course.

It would seem she speeds all her time finding racial inequality where there is none.

RACE!!
    zzzDrEbunJosephUCDSep2018_large.jpg?width=648&s=ie-870383

Be brilliant if that book was a novel about a marathon but was the only book they could find at short notice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

I'm open to correction here but didn't she arrive here as part of the great anchor-baby asylum swindle of the late 90s/early 00s?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Oh crap she has a race book ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

It's like a bad pyramid scheme.

• Advertisement

Should we all arm ourselves?

https://www.amazon.com/Critical-Race-Theory-Introduction-America/dp/0814721354

It would be ultimate level of virtue signaling.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,274 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Her Twitter is painful to read, all she does is criticize our country and people and the SJWs who agree with her are worse.

Looks like she just wanted to ruin the name of the hotel.

Let her clear off back to where she came from nobody asked her to come here.

Why does a PhD graduate communicate using text speak? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,365 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

I know this will be a shock to you

UCD School of Social Justice, Equality Studies (2012 -2015) :D

https://ie.linkedin.com/in/ebunjoseph

Pfft, there's a qualification that ensures you a career as a professional moaner.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Militant race politics are a pain in the hole.

• Advertisement

Militant race politics are a pain in the hole.

Yes, it only creates division. Which is the last thing we need.

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    All of these cash grab humanities degrees by universities in the last decade are giving validation to people who should be confined to ranting on twitter and facebook. They are causing more problems and social unrest than they are solving.

PhDs are being very dumbed down as far as I can see. You could get one for the comparative study of Christmas tree decoration in European countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Why does a PhD graduate communicate using text speak? :confused:

Twitter character limit ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Some people aren't happy unless they are being downtrodden.

Rikand wrote: »
    Twitter character limit ?

The majority of people communicate just fine over twitter using standard English.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Augme

How do you manage to give someone blackcurrant instead of wine? Bizarre.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Augme wrote: »

and in a wine glass too, very bizarre stuff.

It's far easier to make that mistake than to attach racial connotation to the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Whatever about the rest of her posts, I’d find that racist, and a pretty sad and obvious example. It’s not a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,928 ✭✭✭normanoffside

She only asked for a glass, not a bottle.
    The hotel said some of the open display bottles had Ribena in them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

GetWithIt wrote: »
    Whatever about the rest of her posts, I’d find that racist, and a pretty sad and obvious example. It’s not a joke.

Giving someone ribena instead of wine is racist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

It could be racism but it’s far more likely to be a brain fart. Whatever happened to the benefit of the doubt?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I seem to remember this idiot flipping out about "racism" when questions were raised in the Dail about pretty substantial money transfers from Ireland to Nigeria and that such questions would raise the notion of racially profiling money transfer(which international banking kinda already does. Well in the sense of sending money to high risk and dodgy countries, which tend to be outside the west). Odd when she also goes on about how racism is responsible for keeping a majority of Black people unemployed, which begs the question; where is this money they're sending home coming from? Tens of millions per year IIRC.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Yester

I'm throwing out the last of my Ribena and I will never buy it, or any other blackcurrant drink again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It could be racism but it’s far more likely to be a brain fart. Whatever happened to the benefit of the doubt?
    Well ODF that goes out the window when there are axes to grind and careers to keep running.

You have to hand it to her though. After some brief research into her, she got the first Black studies module going in UCD, got her doctorate(jesus) in similar and now teaches it. She essentially created her own a career from nothing. So as a grifter she's got talent to be fair.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,285 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Oh crap she has a race book ....

It used to be a single card printed on one side.

I'm fairly sure Ribena in a wine glass is a thing.
    Just think of a group of friends but one is designated driver or teetotaller but still wants their drink in a glass that looks classy for any photos that may be taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

It’s racist in the same way as when Conor Lenihan told Joe Higgins to stick with the kebabs. It’s an in-joke where you are using race as a means of belittling someone.

The “joke” in this case to identify the customer as a black currant.

I’m not some “woke” new world eejit. This stuff is pretty obvious and people shouldn’t pretend otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

What was the actual link to racism as she saw it?

• Advertisement

lawred2 wrote: »
    What was the actual link to racism as she saw it?

I don't believe she said. I think you have to take the UCD PhD course to figure it out.

Advertisement